Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2015, 12:03 AM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(26-02-2015 11:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 11:02 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Well that'll be pretty hard considering philosophy isn't the same as fucking science. Also, appeal to majority fallacy, again.

Another appeal to majority fallacy. However, Cardinal Burke is one of them, and Archbishop Lefebvre was another.

Both nuts. Both heretics, just like you. I KNEW you were no Catholic. You're a sad little Right Wing Nut Case. BTW, I think Sucipe Domine has a forum called the "sacred sciences", so you have no clue what you're talking about, do you ?

And thanks for admitting your ancient nonsense has no support in science.

1) Cardinal Burke is not a heretic you idiot.

2) Why would a philosophical theory have any grounding in natural sciences? That's about as stupid as saying an archaeological discovery has to be proven with algebra.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2015, 12:06 AM
(27-02-2015 12:02 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 11:47 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  What's there to tell? The evidence Galileo presented wasn't right, and still isn't valid proof of heliocentrism to this day, he presented nothing that wasn't already refuted by Aristotle's arguments against heliocentrism. Not to mention, his version of heliocentrism wasn't even correct to begin with. He thought that the Sun was the center of the entire universe, not just the Solar System. Once again, try reading actual historians instead of tracts from the Internet.

Are you thick, dude? You've conveniently left out the part where he was prosecuted for heresy by the Catholic Church for presenting an idea that went against their teachings of a geocentric universe.

I thought everyone knew that part. What I was relaying was the part where they invited him in to show them the evidence, his evidence was 'wrong', even then, the Grand Inquisitor said he could teach it as a hypothesis, he taught it as proven fact, therefore he got locked up.
27-02-2015, 12:13 AM
(26-02-2015 07:47 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 07:43 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Perhaps I was... in your imagination.

Re-read what I actually wrote, please.

Cheers

Alright, so to get things straight, do you think that listing priests that were accused long after their deaths as convicted pedophiles is wrong? Yes or no?

As you say, to get things straight, were they being listed as being 'accused' or as 'convicted'?

I have no problem with factual data. I would have a problem with hearsay and rumour being reported as fact.

If they were actually convicted, then there will be records of that.

If they were actually accused, then there will be records of that.

If they were being listed as convicted but had not been then they would not need to defend themselves because ... lawyers.

Agreed?

27-02-2015, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2015 12:22 AM by PetrovPolak.)
(27-02-2015 12:13 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 07:47 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Alright, so to get things straight, do you think that listing priests that were accused long after their deaths as convicted pedophiles is wrong? Yes or no?

As you say, to get things straight, were they being listed as being 'accused' or as 'convicted'?

I have no problem with factual data. I would have a problem with hearsay and rumour being reported as fact.

If they were being listed as convicted but had not been then they would not need to defend themselves because ... lawyers.

Agreed?

There are cases of long dead priests being put on the list of priest sexual abusers by both SNAP and BishopAccountability.org, based on accusations made towards them after their deaths, and thus, can't be properly investigated and put to trial because he's, you know, dead. TheMediaReport.com lists a few. That's not even talking about the other, living innocent priests, that are still on their watch-lists.
27-02-2015, 12:18 AM
(27-02-2015 12:06 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 12:02 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  Are you thick, dude? You've conveniently left out the part where he was prosecuted for heresy by the Catholic Church for presenting an idea that went against their teachings of a geocentric universe.

I thought everyone knew that part. What I was relaying was the part where they invited him in to show them the evidence, his evidence was 'wrong', even then, the Grand Inquisitor said he could teach it as a hypothesis, he taught it as proven fact, therefore he got locked up.

No, he was brought before the Roman Inquisition because he was promoting an idea that the Roman Church found to go against the Bible's idea of a fixed Earth. And he wasn't locked up; he was given the choice to recant and he did to spare himself.

You really don't know your history.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaepora Gaebora's post
27-02-2015, 12:23 AM
(27-02-2015 12:16 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 12:13 AM)DLJ Wrote:  As you say, to get things straight, were they being listed as being 'accused' or as 'convicted'?

Agreed?

There are cases of long dead priests being put on the list of priest sexual abusers by both SNAP and BishopAccountability.org, based on accusations made towards them after their deaths.. TheMediaReport.com lists a few. That's not even talking about the other, living innocent priests, that are still on their watch-lists.

Thanks for the clarification.

This is therefore an indicator of a broken process.

If proper mechanisms had been in place (as per secular societies) then there would have been no need for 'outing' these child abusers either rightfully or wrongfully.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
27-02-2015, 12:29 AM
(27-02-2015 12:18 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 12:06 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  I thought everyone knew that part. What I was relaying was the part where they invited him in to show them the evidence, his evidence was 'wrong', even then, the Grand Inquisitor said he could teach it as a hypothesis, he taught it as proven fact, therefore he got locked up.

No, he was brought before the Roman Inquisition because he was promoting an idea that the Roman Church found to go against the Bible's idea of a fixed Earth. And he wasn't locked up; he was given the choice to recant and he did to spare himself.

Yeah, no. Here's what happened in full. Galileo submitted his paper 'De revolutionibus orbium coelestium' to the Inquisition to get an Imprimatur, and was summoned to present his proof to Cardinal Robert Bellarmine.  He said it was a good hypothesis, but Galileo failed to provide valid proof for it. 'De revolutionibus orbium coelestium' was placed on the Index Librorum Prohibitorum, however, the Inquisition still allowed him to teach it as an unproven hypothesis.  Galileo presented it as proven fact, therefore, the Inquisition placed him under house arrest in his villa, where he died a few years later of natural causes.

Also, to clarify, the heretical position was not that the Earth did move, it was that the Sun was the center of the universe, which, while not being declared a heresy in an infallible manner, was never revised, as it is still not true today.
27-02-2015, 12:46 AM
(27-02-2015 12:29 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 12:18 AM)Kaepora Gaebora Wrote:  No, he was brought before the Roman Inquisition because he was promoting an idea that the Roman Church found to go against the Bible's idea of a fixed Earth. And he wasn't locked up; he was given the choice to recant and he did to spare himself.

Yeah, no. Here's what happened in full. Galileo submitted his paper 'De revolutionibus orbium coelestium' to the Inquisition to get an Imprimatur, and was summoned to present his proof to Cardinal Robert Bellarmine.  He said it was a good hypothesis, but Galileo failed to provide valid proof for it. 'De revolutionibus orbium coelestium' was placed on the Index Librorum Prohibitorum, however, the Inquisition still allowed him to teach it as an unproven hypothesis.  Galileo presented it as proven fact, therefore, the Inquisition placed him under house arrest in his villa, where he died a few years later of natural causes.

Also, to clarify, the heretical position was not that the Earth did move, it was that the Sun was the center of the universe, which, while not being declared a heresy in an infallible manner, was never revised, as it is still not true today.

That *book* was by *Copernicus*. Try again.
[+] 1 user Likes Kaepora Gaebora's post
27-02-2015, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2015 04:15 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-02-2015 12:03 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 11:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Both nuts. Both heretics, just like you. I KNEW you were no Catholic. You're a sad little Right Wing Nut Case. BTW, I think Sucipe Domine has a forum called the "sacred sciences", so you have no clue what you're talking about, do you ?

And thanks for admitting your ancient nonsense has no support in science.

1) Cardinal Burke is not a heretic you idiot.

2) Why would a philosophical theory have any grounding in natural sciences? That's about as stupid as saying an archaeological discovery has to be proven with algebra.

Raymond Burke is a fool who got himself demoted and exiled to some stupid titular job. He likes to dress up in fancy red shit cuz he's a gay as they come. The priests in his diocese in Wisconsin went on strike as they hated him so much. Do YOU like to dress up in fancy red capes like Liberace. Your 2nd question is so stupid is not worth answering. YOU are a heretic. You live in the ancient past. What a joke you are. Still waiting for 10 US bishops that do not accept Vatican II. Burke has never said he does not.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-02-2015, 04:02 AM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2015 04:16 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-02-2015 11:50 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(26-02-2015 11:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No one says that. You made that shit up.
Why aren't you praying your beads ?
You actually think anyone here takes ANYTHING you say seriously ?

You literally just asserted that my definition of "substance" is wrong because it's a definition that was originally created in the Middle Ages.

Actually I said no such thing. Are you on drugs ? You still have presented no definition of the word "substance" that has any meaning in 2015. All you did was copy-paste an ancient definition and expect us to accept it because you say so.

The moon IS made of green cheese in your world.

Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.