Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2015, 10:54 PM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(27-02-2015 10:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 09:20 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Didn't Thunderf00t and Matt Dillahunty call each other lying, moronic, asshats? I wonder what happens to you guys when two of your living idols go against one another.

Oh, and Matt Dillahungry is an idiot.

Aren't there at least two Catholic camps? SD is only for traditional Catholics. Evidently the label of Catholic includes different views, as does atheism.

So, what happens when a Pope says things that don't conform to the traditionalist mindset?

They believe the ones who passed Vatican 2 are in error/heretics (yes rhey were part of a special commission of the pope) Technically they recognize the popes since they're catholic -- but...they kinda don't.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-02-2015, 10:57 PM
(27-02-2015 10:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 10:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Aren't there at least two Catholic camps? SD is only for traditional Catholics. Evidently the label of Catholic includes different views, as does atheism.

So, what happens when a Pope says things that don't conform to the traditionalist mindset?

They believe the ones who passed Vatican 2 are in error/heretics (yes rhey were part of a special commission of the pope) Technically they recognize the popes since they're catholic -- but...they kinda don't.

Yeah, I knew that. Just another example that all Catholics don't agree with everything that's taught or that is stated by a sitting Pope.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-02-2015, 11:02 PM
(27-02-2015 10:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 10:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  They believe the ones who passed Vatican 2 are in error/heretics (yes rhey were part of a special commission of the pope) Technically they recognize the popes since they're catholic -- but...they kinda don't.

Yeah, I knew that. Just another example that all Catholics don't agree with everything that's taught or that is stated by a sitting Pope.

It's amazing to me the round robin they go through. They just keep making excuses they convince themselves are reasons. Most of them can't even say what's really wrong with Vat 2.

It's delusional and sad.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-02-2015, 11:04 PM
(27-02-2015 11:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 10:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yeah, I knew that. Just another example that all Catholics don't agree with everything that's taught or that is stated by a sitting Pope.

It's amazing to me the round robin they go through. They just keep making excuses they convince themselves are reasons. Most of them can't even say what's really wrong with Vat 2.

It's delusional and sad.

And people like PP are why I left the Catholic church...he reminds me why I left and why I stay away.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-02-2015, 11:15 PM
(27-02-2015 11:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 11:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's amazing to me the round robin they go through. They just keep making excuses they convince themselves are reasons. Most of them can't even say what's really wrong with Vat 2.

It's delusional and sad.

And people like PP are why I left the Catholic church...he reminds me why I left and why I stay away.

I've had too many discussions about this within husband's family they are all as narrow and closed off as PP is. They recall fondly their relatives who were buried before, Vat2 but most can't even explain the changes. They were told by someone else it's wrong...and like sheep they just bleat and agree.

This is why I left too, and why I refuse to play along.

27-02-2015, 11:35 PM
I'm not a huge fan of vatican II however I still accept it since that's what a Catholic is supposed to do ( I could get the exact encyclical that says that but I'm to lazy). Really the only problems that exist in Vatican II are to be found in ambiguous wording and poor implementation. Other than that it's mostly in full continuity.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
27-02-2015, 11:41 PM
(27-02-2015 11:35 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I'm not a huge fan of vatican II however I still accept it since that's what a Catholic is supposed to do ( I could get the exact encyclical that says that but I'm to lazy). Really the only problems that exist in Vatican II are to be found in ambiguous wording and poor implementation. Other than that it's mostly in full continuity.

But, but....the Bible has ambiguous wording...totally open to interpretation...so what's the big deal?

27-02-2015, 11:54 PM
(27-02-2015 11:35 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  I'm not a huge fan of vatican II however I still accept it since that's what a Catholic is supposed to do ( I could get the exact encyclical that says that but I'm to lazy). Really the only problems that exist in Vatican II are to be found in ambiguous wording and poor implementation. Other than that it's mostly in full continuity.

So since when does a council have to be "in full continuity" ? Do you realize how idiotic that is ? Was Trent" in "full continuity with the First Council of Jerusalem ? At what point exactly is "full continuity" a requirement for the Spirit to act through a council ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-02-2015, 01:59 AM
(27-02-2015 11:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 11:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's amazing to me the round robin they go through. They just keep making excuses they convince themselves are reasons. Most of them can't even say what's really wrong with Vat 2.

It's delusional and sad.

I've explained this to you so many times before already.
28-02-2015, 02:24 AM
(27-02-2015 11:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 10:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yeah, I knew that. Just another example that all Catholics don't agree with everything that's taught or that is stated by a sitting Pope.

It's delusional and sad.

It's wrong because:

1) It teaches ecumenism, which goes against previous Church teaching.
2) It teaches that religious freedom is an inalienable right granted by God, which goes against previous Church teaching.
3) It teaches that the government has no right to enforce religion in their laws, which contradicts previous Church teaching.
4) It wasn't called, or preformed, in accordance to the regulations of every other Council that's been passed before Vatican 2, in other words, it was called and preformed illegally.

Seriously, I don't understand how this is even an issue to any outside observer. Look at what the Church was like in, say, the 18th century, and look it at now. How can you not notice the drastic changes?