Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2015, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 12:38 AM by Mark Fulton.)
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(27-02-2015 07:13 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(27-02-2015 04:02 PM)Rik Wrote:  Oh, fuck off, you ignorant ass. Angry

Either back that up with facts or stick a cactus up your ass.

Well, other than gays making up an incredibly small minority of the population, yet still make up approximately 30% of all pedophile cases. Oh, yeah, and the fact that one of the first gay rights groups, IGLA and NAMBLA were originally the same organization.

"Well, other than gays making up an incredibly small minority of the population, yet still make up approximately 30% of all pedophile cases."

Please state your sources.

By the way, if you are referring to pedophilia amongst Catholic priests, the figure is more like 80%, as 80% of the victims are boys, only 20% girls. That is not the case with secular pedophilia, where the victim, statistically speaking, is more likely to be a girl than a boy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
01-03-2015, 12:29 AM
(28-02-2015 10:08 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 10:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No video ?
Still waiting for 10 bishops that think Vatican 2 was inauthentic.
You are not a Catholic.

I think I've hit intellectual bedrock here people. Even when I address all his points, he just asserts I respond to the same exact points, all the while no responding to any of my points, and regurgitating the same "Ur not a Catholic" rhetoric.

Well BB does have a point. Part of being Catholic is to follow all teaching put foreward by the pope, regardless of wether it is ex cathedra or not. I could get the relevent section of lumen gentium for you if you want.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TarzanSmith's post
01-03-2015, 12:56 AM
(28-02-2015 09:27 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Yawn.

I can see that the answer to my question is yes, this thread has gone rather astray from the tone of the OP.

Quote:Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

There is no respect in this thread at this point.

Let's drop the theatrics. This thread was started in November 2013, and was dead for a long time.

When it was brought back to life (recently), do I need to lecture that respect goes both ways? It doesn't mean the Catholics get to come here, vomit garbage and not get called out on it. When they try (as PP has) to make excuses or suggest that victims of abuse are to blame for their abuse, I and everyone else has the right to say whatever we will.

PP has been every bit as much rude and caustic, he's not piously turning the other cheek.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-03-2015, 01:20 AM
(01-03-2015 12:56 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 09:27 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Yawn.

I can see that the answer to my question is yes, this thread has gone rather astray from the tone of the OP.

There is no respect in this thread at this point.

Let's drop the theatrics. This thread was started in November 2013, and was dead for a long time.

When it was brought back to life (recently), do I need to lecture that respect goes both ways? It doesn't mean the Catholics get to come here, vomit garbage and not get called out on it. When they try (as PP has) to make excuses or suggest that victims of abuse are to blame for their abuse, I and everyone else has the right to say whatever we will.

PP has been every bit as much rude and caustic, he's not piously turning the other cheek.

I don't care about what PP was saying, nor have I paid attention. Nor do I care if he's been rude or caustic.

I came on a short while ago asking:

"Are forum members still interested in the OP? Or has the thread changed in the past two years into a new direction?"

My questions were indirectly answered though the conduct of this thread's participants. The only theatrics I've been engaged with were Chas' various tizzies against me for daring to show my face in this thread. I swear, I could come into a thread and do a math problem, and a collection of ankle biters will surround me and tell me bigoted things about the Catholic Church.

If you wanna continue taking PP to task for whatever, that's your thing. Leave me out. I lost interest in participating in the original direction of this thread at post #660.

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
01-03-2015, 06:19 AM
(01-03-2015 01:20 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 12:56 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Let's drop the theatrics. This thread was started in November 2013, and was dead for a long time.

I don't care about what PP was saying, nor have I paid attention. Nor do I care if he's been rude or caustic.

"Are forum members still interested in the OP? Or has the thread changed in the past two years into a new direction?"

My questions were indirectly answered though the conduct of this thread's participants. The only theatrics I've been engaged with were Chas' various tizzies against me for daring to show my face in this thread. I swear, I could come into a thread and do a math problem, and a collection of ankle biters will surround me and tell me bigoted things about the Catholic Church.

If you wanna continue taking PP to task for whatever, that's your thing. Leave me out. I lost interest in participating in the original direction of this thread at post #660.

So now pointing out all the pedophilia in the Catholic church is "bigoted".
What a retard.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-03-2015, 06:22 AM
(01-03-2015 06:19 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 01:20 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  I don't care about what PP was saying, nor have I paid attention. Nor do I care if he's been rude or caustic.

So now pointing out all the pedophilia in the Catholic church is "bigoted".
What a retard.

For some, the truth is a scary thing to be avoided.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-03-2015, 06:32 AM
10 % of US citizens are now ex-Catholics. One of, or perhaps even THE major reason is the sexual abuse of children, and its systematic coverup.
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/30...se-crisis/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
01-03-2015, 08:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 10:20 AM by Chas.)
(01-03-2015 01:20 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 12:56 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Let's drop the theatrics. This thread was started in November 2013, and was dead for a long time.

Methinks thou doth project too much.
"LaramieHirsch has been permanently banned from SD for emotional and agenda driven posting over a sustained period of time."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-03-2015, 09:07 AM
(28-02-2015 10:20 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 10:04 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Indeed. Drinking Beverage

Your thread, bro. Tell us if you want it back on track and we (some of us, perhaps) will oblige.

Cos we like you and stuff (a little bit).

Thumbsup

I ain't mad. Cool

It is what it is, the whole respect thing went the way of the dodo a long time ago in this thread. You all just keep having fun with our catholic friends here. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
01-03-2015, 10:28 AM
(28-02-2015 09:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 08:51 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  You might want to rethink that. If I leave the Church, I'm no longer bound by its moral teachings, therefore, the first thing I'll do if I leave it is find you, and beat you within an inch of your life.

Please be aware threats are not tolerated. Regardless if your threat is real or a form of high hyperbole, threatening to find people and beat them within an inch of their life is not tolerated well by me. It is also against our forum rules. I don't care if your "threat" is clouded by words like "god keeps from doing..." or not.

This applies to you or others who might think a veiled threat is ok.

This is not up for debate or discussion. This is your only warning.

I’ve been thinking about this since it was posted and while I believe PP is full of shit and just mouthing off there really is no way to be certain. What is certain is that he violated Rule#4:

4) No Threats
This applies to intimidating threats of physical violence or interfering with, or threatening to interfere with, someone's life beyond the forum. This excludes threats to report legal issues. This behavior can result in your account being banned and depending on the nature of the threats, your details being passed to law enforcement. Exceptions to the policy will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis by the Administration.

I understand that the Administration has the option of not enforcing as per the case-by-case loophole above, but I for one think this piece of shit needs to go. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post