Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2015, 06:32 PM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(01-03-2015 08:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  Methinks thou doth project too much.
"LaramieHirsch has been permanently banned from SD for emotional and agenda driven posting over a sustained period of time."

I know, right? It just doesn't make sense. I observe far more emotion and agenda driving from you and other ad hominem attackers here. My guess is they just didn't like me.

Can't please everybody, eh? Smile

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2015, 07:33 PM
(01-03-2015 10:28 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(28-02-2015 09:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Please be aware threats are not tolerated. Regardless if your threat is real or a form of high hyperbole, threatening to find people and beat them within an inch of their life is not tolerated well by me. It is also against our forum rules. I don't care if your "threat" is clouded by words like "god keeps from doing..." or not.

This applies to you or others who might think a veiled threat is ok.

This is not up for debate or discussion. This is your only warning.

I’ve been thinking about this since it was posted and while I believe PP is full of shit and just mouthing off there really is no way to be certain. What is certain is that he violated Rule#4:

4) No Threats
This applies to intimidating threats of physical violence or interfering with, or threatening to interfere with, someone's life beyond the forum. This excludes threats to report legal issues. This behavior can result in your account being banned and depending on the nature of the threats, your details being passed to law enforcement. Exceptions to the policy will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis by the Administration.

I understand that the Administration has the option of not enforcing as per the case-by-case loophole above, but I for one think this piece of shit needs to go. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.

I haven't questioned Admin decision in a while now, but I have to agree that this should be looked at again.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
01-03-2015, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 12:08 AM by DLJ.)
(01-03-2015 06:32 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
"LaramieHirsch has been permanently banned from SD for emotional and agenda driven posting over a sustained period of time."

I know, right? It just doesn't make sense. I observe far more emotion and agenda driving from you and other ad hominem attackers here. My guess is they just didn't like me.

Ah, well... this would be because this is a site for humans.

Humans get emotional.
Humans have agendas
And some humans enjoy poking the ad hom stick at passing theists.

Which could, I suppose, mean that we like you. Wink

Big Grin

01-03-2015, 10:54 PM
(01-03-2015 06:32 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  

Actually what's truly amazing is that the likes of Voxpopulisux and this dude are not banned and the wimpy ones are. *As if* Suscipe Dumshit doesn't have it's own agenda. Critical thinking doesn't seem to be in their toolbox.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-03-2015, 03:13 AM
(01-03-2015 09:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Ah, well... this would be because this is site for humans.

And I do appreciate that.

Doesn't matter about SD. There's other places I go to, in any event. It sucks that they cut me off from my online colleagues, and I even think they are hasty when they sweep away TTA visitors.

If I were to run my own forum, I'd at least have some sort of a basic level where everyone would be able to post. And, if anything, it puzzles me that they are so afraid to engage you atheists. That's one of the things you're supposed to do, I've always been taught.

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
02-03-2015, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2015 04:31 AM by DLJ.)
(02-03-2015 03:13 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  
(01-03-2015 09:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Ah, well... this would be because this is site for humans.

And I do appreciate that.

Doesn't matter about SD. There's other places I go to, in any event. It sucks that they cut me off from my online colleagues, and I even think they are hasty when they sweep away TTA visitors.

If I were to run my own forum, I'd at least have some sort of a basic level where everyone would be able to post. And, if anything, it puzzles me that they are so afraid to engage you atheists. That's one of the things you're supposed to do, I've always been taught.

Indeed.

We value two main things here:
Atheism
Thinking

So the site name is somewhat appropriate.

The former is about 'community'. Many here have suffered IRL by being in a minority and are in need of support and understanding... somewhat ironically: a sanctuary.

The latter is about freedom of expression. To this end, all view points are listened to and often challenged. So it's about thinking and learning.

I've certainly learned a great deal from the people here, seen different perspectives and a few times, changed my mind on some subjects.

The only thing that gets anyone into hot water is their attitude; the way they present themselves. So the guiding principle is "don't be a dick".

The tricky bit sometimes is how to go about calling out someone else's behaviour. That right has to be earned.

In short, this is what makes this site superior to places like SD which may provide a community but do not tolerate dissent.

Just my 2c

Smile

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
02-03-2015, 02:35 PM
(18-10-2013 07:40 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  This is a long one but it's what I posted on their website.

I've read several arguments and I would like to expand on them because I truly do not understand how the argument supports the conclusion that homosexuality is wrong, something to be condemned and that the behavior of other individuals must be controlled. Let me take each paraphrased point separately...

This is the best through process I have read on the subject! Brilliant!
04-03-2015, 03:25 AM
What happened to the Catholic dude?

He banned?

Maybe he's gone on a "retreat" with some of his bishop buddies?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2015, 05:27 AM
(04-03-2015 03:25 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  What happened to the Catholic dude?

He banned?

He's not a Catholic. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
04-03-2015, 03:31 PM
(04-03-2015 05:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 03:25 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  What happened to the Catholic dude?

He banned?

He's not a Catholic. Big Grin

Oops , you're right.

It's funny that he's just disappeared. He seemed so intense.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user