Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
Oi Petrov, given that your jolly old popes were prone to toasting people - heretics, and given the doctrine of infallibility, what's the deal? Were they wrong or right? Did those heretics deserve death, according to you? Obviously according to *me* those popey types were crazy power mad nincompoops but I'm interested to see what you say on the matter.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2015, 11:54 PM
(09-03-2015 11:24 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Well, actually, I am blaming it on the secular world, because the Sexual Revolution was the secular world's fault in the first place.

Ironic since it was the churches sexual repression as outlined by them...

I love the early church stories of orgies and brothels right there in the Vatican. Church leaders were their only customers, especially the Pope. They were essentially employed by the Catholic church and taxed. Church made a ton...what they weren't pillaging and stealing of course...

Ahhhh the good old days eh?

They would tell their flock not to masturbate while the very priests were getting it on all the time.

I find it so adorable that you blame the sexual revolution for the church's troubles.

It started with the very first pope.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-03-2015, 12:11 AM
(09-03-2015 11:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...

Well before that!

But do you know how hard it is to find good quality Temple Harlots nowadays?

Sexual Revolution ... my arse!

Angry

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
10-03-2015, 12:19 AM
(10-03-2015 12:11 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 11:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...

Well before that!

But do you know how hard it is to find good quality Temple Harlots nowadays?

Sexual Revolution ... my arse!

Angry

You want Harlots?

Stop making the nuns celibate. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-03-2015, 12:25 AM
(10-03-2015 12:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  ...
You want Harlots?

Hey! Don't blame me for that. It wasn't my idea!

Sadcryface

10-03-2015, 12:38 AM
(10-03-2015 12:25 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 12:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  ...
You want Harlots?

Hey! Don't blame me for that. It wasn't my idea!

Sadcryface

I know! It was just a suggestion! Dodgy

Wink

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-03-2015, 07:21 AM
(09-03-2015 11:24 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Well, actually, I am blaming it on the secular world, because the Sexual Revolution was the secular world's fault in the first place.

While I would take issue with your use of the word 'fault', I would assign causation to a reaction to the warped sexuality of Christianity. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2015, 08:10 AM
(10-03-2015 07:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  ...
the warped sexuality of Christianity. Drinking Beverage

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Angel

10-03-2015, 11:00 AM
(07-03-2015 06:54 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Oh, I'm well aware of that. The pedophelia problem in the Church in the U.S. is less pre-pubescent pedophelia, and more of a post-pubescent homosexual problem. Not that that's our fault either, you can thank your precious Sexual Revolution for all the faggots that just 'coincidentally' happen to also be pedos infiltrating the Church's ranks in the U.S.

First, pedophilia is distinctly different from homosexuality. Any overlap is coincidence, the same as overlap with heterosexuality (and the fact that it's prevalent in both really should tell you something...)

Second, since you blame the "sexual revolution" for homosexuality, please tell me again when the animal kingdom had its sexual revolution. Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 5 users Like Impulse's post
10-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Here’s another “saintly” Catholic/Franciscan Rolleyes

To Some in California, Founder of Church Missions Is Far From Saint

"Born in Majorca in 1713, Father Serra joined the Franciscan order in 1730. He became an eminent theological professor before relinquishing his comfortable life to evangelize in the Americas. From 1769 to 1835, 90,000 Indians were baptized along the West Coast, from San Diego to San Francisco. Once baptized, they were not allowed to leave the missions, and those who did escape were rounded up by soldiers and returned.

The Indians were forced to shed their languages, dress, religion, food and marriage customs. Thousands died from exposure to European diseases to which they had no immunity. Of the approximately 310,000 Indians in 1769 in what is now California, only one-sixth remained a hundred years later, according to a University of California historian.”

“They (the Indians) were especially upset when, in 1986, the Catholic Diocese of Monterey, Calif., where Father Serra is buried at the Carmel Mission, released a report that found no evidence of Indian mistreatment. While diocesan researchers released statements from historians and clergy, no Indians were interviewed.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/22/us/to-....html?_r=0

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post