Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2015, 09:46 PM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(11-03-2015 04:38 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Well, if you actually studied the doctrine for five minutes, you would know that he's not infallible unless he's speaking ex cathedra, the infallibility didn't spread to stuff they said and did normally.
Riiiight Smile I see you guys have a neat little explanation for everything that doesn't quite fit. "Oh the Pope says you shouldn't use a condom (unless you're a male prostitute), he's infallible so he's right". "Oh the Pope burned a bunch of heretics which is kinda opposite to what Jesus says about loving your enemies, but he was just doing it in his spare time so that's fine".

Quote:
Quote:Did those heretics deserve death, according to you?
Yup.
You're a charming chap aren't you Smile Have to give you credit, you guys don't mess about *pretending* to be nice, you're just "Hell, we're a fucking nasty bunch but you should join us".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
11-03-2015, 11:14 PM
Quote:Riiiight Smile I see you guys have a neat little explanation for everything that doesn't quite fit. "Oh the Pope says you shouldn't use a condom (unless you're a male prostitute), he's infallible so he's right".

When has anyone ever said that? He's not infallible because of Papal Infallibility, his statement is infallible because it's in line with Church teachings, which are, themselves, infallible.

Quote:You're a charming chap aren't you Smile Have to give you credit, you guys don't mess about *pretending* to be nice, you're just "Hell, we're a fucking nasty bunch but you should join us".

You'll be with an even nastier bunch if you go to Hell, which is exactly what the various Inquisitions prevented for thousands of people.
11-03-2015, 11:16 PM
Quote:You are religiously insane. Drinking Beverage

If someone has a radically different view, they must be insane. You're honestly doing a hell of a lot to prove what I already knew: That none of you are truly "freethinkers".
11-03-2015, 11:18 PM
Quote:All (or at least most) pedophiles have ears. Ears are to blame for pedophilia. That's your logic. Drinking Beverage

No, my logic is that they're less than 2% of the world population, yet somehow manage to make up 30% of all child sex abuse cases. The numbers don't match up for people you say have the same rate of pedophilia as normal people.

Quote: Not in any way that matters to this discussion. Humans are really just a different species of animal anyway if you understand evolution.

It's still an appeal to nature fallacy.
11-03-2015, 11:43 PM
(11-03-2015 11:14 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  When has anyone ever said that? He's not infallible because of Papal Infallibility, his statement is infallible because it's in line with Church teachings, which are, themselves, infallible.
And... where do Church teachings come from? The anuses... (ani?) of the various Popes what came before? Anyway surely it causes you a little tiny bit of cognitive dissonance when el Papa says 'condoms might be justifiable but only for male prostitutes' Big Grin

Quote:You'll be with an even nastier bunch if you go to Hell, which is exactly what the various Inquisitions prevented for thousands of people.
Ah, I see, so burning people at the stake is actually *good* for them. Pull the other one sunshine, it's got bells on. In *this* world, which is the only one I see despite strenuous efforts by you and others to pretend there is another one, *you guys stink*. If that's the price of getting into heaven then fuck alla you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-03-2015, 12:21 AM
Ah! At long last, an answer to my earlier question c)...

(28-02-2015 10:12 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ...
So, moving away from 'is' and on to 'ought'...
a) What is the most efficient and effective way of achieving these goals?
b) What process would advocate to return to your desired state?
c) Will it involve bloodshed (again) e.g. Rwanda?
d) What would you consider to be acceptable in terms of casualties?

Thank you, in advance.

Smile

(11-03-2015 04:38 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 11:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  ...
Did those heretics deserve death, according to you?

Yup.

Please also answer part d) ...

To reiterate:
What would be an acceptable level of causalities to return to your preferred brand of RCC totalitarianism?

Cheers

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
12-03-2015, 12:29 AM
(11-03-2015 04:42 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(10-03-2015 11:00 AM)Impulse Wrote:  First, pedophilia is distinctly different from homosexuality. Any overlap is coincidence, the same as overlap with heterosexuality (and the fact that it's prevalent in both really should tell you something...)

Second, since you blame the "sexual revolution" for homosexuality, please tell me again when the animal kingdom had its sexual revolution. Consider

Quote:First, pedophilia is distinctly different from homosexuality. Any overlap is coincidence

No, it's really not. They make up such a large margin of cases, while still only being a small minority of the world's population.

Quote:Second, since you blame the "sexual revolution" for homosexuality, please tell me again when the animal kingdom had its sexual revolution. Consider

I think you fail to realize that humans are different than animals.

Re "No, it's really not. They make up such a large margin of cases, while still only being a small minority of the world's population."

80% of cases of paedophilia perpetrated by catholic priests are homosexual in nature. That is not because homosexuals are more likely to be paedophiles, but because homosexuality is grossly overrepresented in the Catholic priest population, with estimates ranging from 20 to 50%. That's ironic given that the Catholic Church so vehemently denigrates homosexuality.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
12-03-2015, 12:37 AM
(11-03-2015 11:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 11:14 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  When has anyone ever said that? He's not infallible because of Papal Infallibility, his statement is infallible because it's in line with Church teachings, which are, themselves, infallible.
And... where do Church teachings come from? The anuses... (ani?) of the various Popes what came before? Anyway surely it causes you a little tiny bit of cognitive dissonance when el Papa says 'condoms might be justifiable but only for male prostitutes' Big Grin

Quote:You'll be with an even nastier bunch if you go to Hell, which is exactly what the various Inquisitions prevented for thousands of people.
Ah, I see, so burning people at the stake is actually *good* for them. Pull the other one sunshine, it's got bells on. In *this* world, which is the only one I see despite strenuous efforts by you and others to pretend there is another one, *you guys stink*. If that's the price of getting into heaven then fuck alla you.

Quote:And... where do Church teachings come from? The anuses... (ani?) of the various Popes what came before? Anyway surely it causes you a little tiny bit of cognitive dissonance when el Papa says 'condoms might be justifiable but only for male prostitutes' Big Grin

Actually they come from Ecumenical Councils, and other dogmatic declarations.

Quote:Ah, I see, so burning people at the stake is actually *good* for them.

No, it's not good for the heretics, it's good for people 'other' than the heretics, since it prevents them from becoming heretics.
12-03-2015, 12:43 AM
Quote:a) What is the most efficient and effective way of achieving these goals?

Depends on the situation.

Quote:b) What process would advocate to return to your desired state?

Well, if it could be done peacefully, then that would just be fantastic. It probably won't work that way, but still.

Quote:c) Will it involve bloodshed (again) e.g. Rwanda?

Hopefully not, but then again, if secularist revolutionaries can use violence to get rid of the Catholic state, then I see no reason why violence can't be used to reestablish it either.

Quote:d) What would you consider to be acceptable in terms of casualties?

If it comes to that, I would prefer 'no' civilian causalities, thank you very much.

Quote:What would be an acceptable level of causalities to return to your preferred brand of RCC totalitarianism?

Once again, 'authoritarianism' is actually the correct term.
12-03-2015, 12:44 AM
(12-03-2015 12:29 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 04:42 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  No, it's really not. They make up such a large margin of cases, while still only being a small minority of the world's population.

I think you fail to realize that humans are different than animals.

Re "No, it's really not. They make up such a large margin of cases, while still only being a small minority of the world's population."

80% of cases of paedophilia perpetrated by catholic priests are homosexual in nature. That is not because homosexuals are more likely to be paedophiles, but because homosexuality is grossly overrepresented in the Catholic priest population, with estimates ranging from 20 to 50%. That's ironic given that the Catholic Church so vehemently denigrates homosexuality.

"Homosexuality is grossly overrepresented in the priest population."

That's a pretty good one.