Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2015, 07:35 AM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(11-03-2015 11:16 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
Quote:You are religiously insane. Drinking Beverage

If someone has a radically different view, they must be insane. You're honestly doing a hell of a lot to prove what I already knew: That none of you are truly "freethinkers".

I have disagreed with many people, many times but that didn't mean they were insane.

You believe that killing people for disagreeing with your dirty little religion is justified - that is insane.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
12-03-2015, 09:11 AM
(11-03-2015 11:14 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  You'll be with an even nastier bunch if you go to Hell, which is exactly what the various Inquisitions prevented for thousands of people.

You scared of hell skippy? I ain't afraid of no ghosts.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-03-2015, 10:36 AM
(11-03-2015 11:18 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  No, my logic is that they're less than 2% of the world population, yet somehow manage to make up 30% of all child sex abuse cases. The numbers don't match up for people you say have the same rate of pedophilia as normal people.

What I said is your logic because you're attempting to imply a cause from an alleged correlation. And I said "alleged", because it is merely an allegation by you and not fact. Here, have some education.

Here's a key point not to be missed:

Quote:The distinction between a victim's gender and a perpetrator's sexual orientation is important because many child molesters don't really have an adult sexual orientation. They have never developed the capacity for mature sexual relationships with other adults, either men or women. Instead, their sexual attractions focus on children – boys, girls, or children of both sexes.

And further down, discussing pedophilia specifically as distinct even from child molestation:

Quote:Here again, there is no inherent connection between an adult's sexual orientation and her or his propensity for endangering others.

And there's this:

Quote: Other researchers have taken different approaches, but have similarly failed to find a connection between homosexuality and child molestation. Dr. Carole Jenny and her colleagues reviewed 352 medical charts, representing all of the sexually abused children seen in the emergency room or child abuse clinic of a Denver children's hospital during a one-year period (from July 1, 1991 to June 30, 1992). The molester was a gay or lesbian adult in fewer than 1% of cases in which an adult molester could be identified – only 2 of the 269 cases (Jenny et al., 1994).

(11-03-2015 11:18 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  It's still an appeal to nature fallacy.

No, it's science. Something else you could stand to learn more about. Obviously.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
12-03-2015, 10:39 AM
(12-03-2015 12:44 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  "Homosexuality is grossly overrepresented in the priest population."

That's a pretty good one.

Statements like this just illustrate how little you really know about what you're attempting to discuss. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
12-03-2015, 04:34 PM
(12-03-2015 07:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 11:16 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  If someone has a radically different view, they must be insane. You're honestly doing a hell of a lot to prove what I already knew: That none of you are truly "freethinkers".

I have disagreed with many people, many times but that didn't mean they were insane.

You believe that killing people for disagreeing with your dirty little religion is justified - that is insane.

Quote:You believe that killing people for disagreeing with your dirty little religion is justified - that is insane.

Disagreeing with it is, in itself, insane.
12-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Quote:What I said is your logic because you're attempting to imply a cause from an alleged correlation. And I said "alleged", because it is merely an allegation by you and not fact. Here, have some education.

Here's a key point not to be missed:

Which is complete horseshit. If they're attracted to those of the same sex, regardless of age, they're homosexual.

Quote:No, it's science. Something else you could stand to learn more about. Obviously.

No, it's an appeal to nature fallacy. Animals practice cannibalism, that doesn't make it okay.
12-03-2015, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 04:47 PM by PetrovPolak.)
(12-03-2015 12:54 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 12:37 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Actually they come from Ecumenical Councils, and other dogmatic declarations.

No, it's not good for the heretics, it's good for people 'other' than the heretics, since it prevents them from becoming heretics.

"No, it's not good for the heretics, it's good for people 'other' than the heretics, since it prevents them from becoming heretics."

PP, do you know what a logical fallacy is? This quote from you is a classic logical fallacy. It's known as the argumentum ad baculum....

Argumentum ad baculum (Latin for "argument to the cudgel" or "appeal to the stick"), also known as appeal to force, is an argument where force, coercion, or the threat of force, is given as a justification. It is a specific case of the negative form of an argument to the consequences. For this reason, it is sometimes referred to as the "Might Makes Right" fallacy.

A fallacious argument based on argumentum ad baculum generally proceeds as follows:

If x accepts P as true, then Q.
Q is a punishment on x.
Therefore, P is not true.
This form of argument is an informal fallacy, because the attack Q may not necessarily reveal anything about the truth value of the premise P. This fallacy has been identified since the Middle Ages by many philosophers. This is a special case of argumentum ad consequentiam, or "appeal to consequences".

I hope there weren't too many big words or concepts in there for you.

When did I ever say that might makes right? You're pretty confused here. Might never makes right, but might has the power to enforce what's right.
12-03-2015, 04:46 PM
Quote: Once again, it's the politically correct term but as you previously described your goals, totalitarian also applies.

No, actually, authoritarian and totalitarian are semantically different terms. You could look at a dictionary if you want proof of that.

Quote: I am proud of my father's war record (DFC) against Nazi/Catholic totalitarianism. If your prediction comes true, perhaps I'll be following in his footsteps.

Nah, lib-tards are notoriously weak-willed wimps. There's no way you'd last more than five seconds. It's not like you even have the moral high ground here either, considering that the secularist revolutionaries were the ones to use violence first.
12-03-2015, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 04:55 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(12-03-2015 04:34 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 07:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  I have disagreed with many people, many times but that didn't mean they were insane.

Quote:You believe that killing people for disagreeing with your dirty little religion is justified - that is insane.

Alright, let's suppose you are right.

So are you saying that it's morally justifiable to kill insane people simply for being insane?

[Image: giphy.gif]
12-03-2015, 04:50 PM
(12-03-2015 04:34 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 07:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  I have disagreed with many people, many times but that didn't mean they were insane.

PP, you imply that to disagree with the Vatican is "insane."

Please explain why you think these guys are so correct about everything. I ask this genuine question in the hope I will get a genuine answer, not just a restating of the affirmation.

Can you then explain the Vatican's track record on ethical issues? This is what I think about that...

The Vatican’s track record contradicts their claim that they preach an infallible moral code. Consider their past attitude to slavery, eunuchs, heretics, witches, astronomy, evolution, anesthetics, vaccinations, the Nazis, Jews, Muslims, Protestants, women priests, and condoms.

The Vatican has been forced to revise their bad attitudes as the generations have gone by so as to keep some credibility in an increasingly tolerant and fair world. Yet if they had any real talent at sorting out ethical issues, they wouldn’t have made so many blatant mistakes in the past.

The Vatican has failed to learn humility from its own history of failures. The Vatican is surprisingly dogmatic about its present day beliefs and rules. It’s no wonder the vast majority of everyday Catholics take little notice of them.

It’s probable that in the future the Vatican will reverse their thinking about birth control, homosexuality, women priests, premarital sex, genetic engineering, and stem cell research in the same way they’ve flipped their opinions on other issues.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Mark Fulton's post