Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(12-03-2015 08:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 04:46 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Nah, lib-tards are notoriously weak-willed wimps. There's no way you'd last more than five seconds. It's not like you even have the moral high ground here either, considering that the secularist revolutionaries were the ones to use violence first.

Oh, do tell. Was that before the Inquisition? Before the burning of 'witches'? Before the Crusades? Before the slaughter of heretics?

Well by that logic, I could say secular countries do the same thing considering that anyone who does any those things in one of said countries gets either thrown in jail or executed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2015, 09:22 PM
(12-03-2015 08:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 07:47 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  People interpret the fossils and their dating methods in different ways as well, the fact that there are so many young-earth creationists around should tell you that.

What that tells me, is that there are a lot of people so locked into a superstitious belief, they can't disagree with any of it.

Well, you really just proved my point, that their interpretation is factually wrong. If interpretations can be factually wrong, then your whole spiel about different interpretations in theology becomes inert.
12-03-2015, 09:28 PM
(12-03-2015 09:22 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 08:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  What that tells me, is that there are a lot of people so locked into a superstitious belief, they can't disagree with any of it.

Well, you really just proved my point, that their interpretation is factually wrong. If interpretations can be factually wrong, then your whole spiel about different interpretations in theology becomes inert.

Reproducible, testable findings are not interpretations, they are facts. There are not versions of the truth.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
12-03-2015, 09:59 PM
(12-03-2015 09:21 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 08:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, do tell. Was that before the Inquisition? Before the burning of 'witches'? Before the Crusades? Before the slaughter of heretics?

Well by that logic, I could say secular countries do the same thing considering that anyone who does any those things in one of said countries gets either thrown in jail or executed.

That non-response is nonsense.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-03-2015, 11:06 PM
(12-03-2015 09:28 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 09:22 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Well, you really just proved my point, that their interpretation is factually wrong. If interpretations can be factually wrong, then your whole spiel about different interpretations in theology becomes inert.

Reproducible, testable findings are not interpretations, they are facts. There are not versions of the truth.

There can be different interpretations of those findings as well. It doesn't matter if they're ad-hoc, or completely insane, they're still interpretations.
12-03-2015, 11:07 PM
(12-03-2015 09:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 09:21 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Well by that logic, I could say secular countries do the same thing considering that anyone who does any those things in one of said countries gets either thrown in jail or executed.

That non-response is nonsense.

No, it really isn't.
12-03-2015, 11:33 PM
(12-03-2015 04:46 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
Quote: Once again, it's the politically correct term but as you previously described your goals, totalitarian also applies.

No, actually, authoritarian and totalitarian are semantically different terms. You could look at a dictionary if you want proof of that.

Quote: I am proud of my father's war record (DFC) against Nazi/Catholic totalitarianism. If your prediction comes true, perhaps I'll be following in his footsteps.

Nah, lib-tards are notoriously weak-willed wimps. There's no way you'd last more than five seconds. It's not like you even have the moral high ground here either, considering that the secularist revolutionaries were the ones to use violence first.

Oops! Looks like I hit a nerve, there.

What hurt? Being outed as a fascist or that fascistic ideology has been assigned to the dustbin (trashcan) of history and that mechanisms are in place to keep it that way.

Your ISIS-like totalitarianism will be resisted ... always.

Yes

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
12-03-2015, 11:37 PM
(12-03-2015 06:50 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  ... there is unreasonable dissent, that arises from unrelenting stubbornness, blatant desire to not understand.

There it is again: a statement so accurately self-referential it would cause embarrassment to any speaker with presence of mind to pay attention to his own utterances.

Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load
[+] 4 users Like Airportkid's post
12-03-2015, 11:47 PM
(12-03-2015 04:58 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 01:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  PS: Bonus question Petrov: *Why* is it perfectly OK to ignore the commandment to love your neighbour as yourself, to turn the other cheek and to love your enemies in favour of killing heretics? What allows people to explicitly go against the very words of Christ and still call themselves Christian. How dare anyone, even the Pope, subvert the gospel?

You're coming across pretty goddamn hypocritical standing there justifying religious killing when your own deity told you clearly not to.

Oh, it's not that I don't care about them (the heretics), but I care about everyone else too. If one heretic needs to be executed to prevent a hundred more from becoming heretics, then that would be the case. If the heretic can actually just be shown the error of his ways, then I would be against any form of execution. Also because a Christian is supposed to be just, and they frankly deserve the punishment as well.

Oh, and on that topic, the Greek word translated "love" in the New Testament has nothing to do with personal sentimentality anyway.

Ah I see, weasel words. You think you'll get to the pearly gates and pass through with such equivocation? I think any God who thinks as you do... you deserve each other.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-03-2015, 11:56 PM
Hey Petrov, check this out, you're fine with burning people at the stake to make a point and I'm not - who's got the moral high ground?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.