Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2015, 11:38 PM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(13-03-2015 04:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 03:15 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  You're actually combining both, the Medieval Inquisition, and the Spanish Inquisition, into one.

I am not the one who is confused. Galileo was not tried by the Spanish Inquisition.

All right, I admit I was wrong on that part.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2015, 11:39 PM
Quote:You're clearly not a scientist. Not that it wasn't already obvious many many many many posts ago.

When did I ever say I was a scientist?
13-03-2015, 11:52 PM
Just an aside since its 1:30 and I don't feel like doing a big comment, I just wanted to mention that Thomas Huxley (Darwin's bulldog), no fan of the Catholic Church, after analysing the case said that "the church had the best of it". The Galileo case was fairly complex and was much more than just a matter of church vs science.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
14-03-2015, 02:31 AM
(13-03-2015 11:36 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 11:06 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Pagan Magician? So Dominican friars are not Christians, but Pagans now? Do Catholics have a monopoly on what is and is not a Christian?

He 'was' a Dominican friar before he got excommunicated. He was excommunicated for accepting the Greek gods as valid and saying he got visions from them that told him that heliocentrism, among other things, were correct.

Sources? Preferably from people other than those responsible for this execution?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-03-2015, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2015 06:03 AM by GirlyMan.)
Fun Catholic Tools for a Better Society
(12-03-2015 05:10 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  No, "Might makes right" would be if I said something like "Catholicism is true, because I said so, and I'm stronger than you.". That's not it. Catholicism is the truth no matter how you enforce, or whether you enforce it at all. The Inquisitions were just a way of legally enforcing that truth, in other words, as I just said: Might doesn't make right, but might enforces what's right.

(12-03-2015 12:37 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 11:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  Ah, I see, so burning people at the stake is actually *good* for them.

No, it's not good for the heretics, it's good for people 'other' than the heretics, since it prevents them from becoming heretics.

Let's take a look at some of the fun tools used to legally enforce the Catholic "truth" for the betterment of society. They were a creative bunch at least.

The Pear was inserted into the "truth" denier's vagina, rectum or mouth and gradually expanded by turning the screw. Good times!
[Image: the-pear.jpg]

The Heretic's Fork. Keep your head up little buddy, it's for the good of society.
[Image: hereticsfork.jpg]

The Rack. Look at the bright side, you'll be 6" taller when you die.
[Image: the-rack.jpg]

The Wheel. A more efficient version of The Rack. Crazy Catholic engineers.
[Image: the-wheel.jpg]

The Breast Ripper. 'Cause only witches have boobies.
[Image: breast-ripper.jpg]

The Judas Cradle. "Ooo ooo, that tickles. ... A little to the left please. .... Okay it ain't tickling now, what you want me to confess to boss?"
[Image: judas-cradle.jpg]

That's gonna leave a mess.
[Image: thesaw.jpg]

The most efficient tool of them all. Just throw 'em in a cage and let God do the rest.
[Image: hanging-cage.jpg]

"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me."

Come Zombiepocalypse I kill Catholics first.

#sigh
[+] 8 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-03-2015, 06:06 AM
Oh but Girly the inquisition only used torture in like 2% of the cases! 2% is acceptable right? God says 2% is OK. Besides those people tortured were guilty as fuck. They said shit like "Maybe the Pope isn't the fuckin' best thing before sliced tongue" and "Y'know, this world sure stinks like a shit-pile for the supposedly most-perfect work of an omni-benevolent creator". Totally deserved breast ripping for being an ugly old lady too.

Dodgy

Come on Petrov, let's see you do your little acrobatic dance. Lemme guess, these people weren't True Catholics?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
14-03-2015, 06:26 AM
(14-03-2015 05:57 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 05:10 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  No, "Might makes right" would be if I said something like "Catholicism is true, because I said so, and I'm stronger than you.". That's not it. Catholicism is the truth no matter how you enforce, or whether you enforce it at all. The Inquisitions were just a way of legally enforcing that truth, in other words, as I just said: Might doesn't make right, but might enforces what's right.

(12-03-2015 12:37 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  No, it's not good for the heretics, it's good for people 'other' than the heretics, since it prevents them from becoming heretics.

Let's take a look at some of the fun tools used to legally enforce the Catholic "truth" for the betterment of society. They were a creative bunch at least.

The Pear was inserted into the "truth" denier's vagina, rectum or mouth and gradually expanded by turning the screw. Good times!
[Image: the-pear.jpg]

The Heretic's Fork. Keep your head up little buddy, it's for the good of society.
[Image: hereticsfork.jpg]

The Rack. Look at the bright side, you'll be 6" taller when you die.
[Image: the-rack.jpg]

The Wheel. A more efficient version of The Rack. Crazy Catholic engineers.
[Image: the-wheel.jpg]

The Breast Ripper. 'Cause only witches have boobies.
[Image: breast-ripper.jpg]

The Judas Cradle. "Ooo ooo, that tickles. ... A little to the left please. .... Okay it ain't tickling now, what you want me to confess to boss?"
[Image: judas-cradle.jpg]

That's gonna leave a mess.
[Image: thesaw.jpg]

The most efficient tool of them all. Just throw 'em in a cage and let God do the rest.
[Image: hanging-cage.jpg]

"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me."

Come Zombiepocalypse I kill Catholics first.

Awww...the soothing images of the Catholic faith. How loving and Christlike they were/are.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-03-2015, 06:37 AM
(13-03-2015 11:34 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 03:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, it's not. Read it again - this time with comprehension.

Yes it is, as the only problem that you listed is that they're telling you what to do.

Which is what is being objected to - the telling, not the content.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-03-2015, 02:06 PM
(14-03-2015 02:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 11:36 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  He 'was' a Dominican friar before he got excommunicated. He was excommunicated for accepting the Greek gods as valid and saying he got visions from them that told him that heliocentrism, among other things, were correct.

Sources? Preferably from people other than those responsible for this execution?

His own writings.
14-03-2015, 02:12 PM
(14-03-2015 06:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  Oh but Girly the inquisition only used torture in like 2% of the cases! 2% is acceptable right? God says 2% is OK. Besides those people tortured were guilty as fuck. They said shit like "Maybe the Pope isn't the fuckin' best thing before sliced tongue" and "Y'know, this world sure stinks like a shit-pile for the supposedly most-perfect work of an omni-benevolent creator". Totally deserved breast ripping for being an ugly old lady too.

Ugh, insulting the Pope wasn't illegal in the Middle Ages, nor is it against Canon Law.

Quote: Come on Petrov, let's see you do your little acrobatic dance. Lemme guess, these people weren't True Catholics?

I'm not actually against torture in certain situations. One of the problems with the Middle Ages though, is that the secular rulers usually just used it for everything.