Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2015, 02:13 PM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(14-03-2015 06:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 11:34 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Yes it is, as the only problem that you listed is that they're telling you what to do.

Which is what is being objected to - the telling, not the content.

Which is exactly my point. You're problem isn't with whether the content is right or not, your problem is just with them telling you what to do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2015, 02:22 PM
(14-03-2015 02:12 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  ...
the Middle Ages though, is that the secular rulers usually just used it for everything.

Huh

Secular rulers in the Middle Ages?

I must have been away that day that we did that in school.

Dodgy

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
14-03-2015, 02:43 PM
(14-03-2015 02:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
the Middle Ages though, is that the secular rulers usually just used it for everything.

Huh

Dodgy

His definition of secular must be different than any accepted one today. Maybe he'll explain?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-03-2015, 02:54 PM
(14-03-2015 05:57 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 05:10 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  No, "Might makes right" would be if I said something like "Catholicism is true, because I said so, and I'm stronger than you.". That's not it. Catholicism is the truth no matter how you enforce, or whether you enforce it at all. The Inquisitions were just a way of legally enforcing that truth, in other words, as I just said: Might doesn't make right, but might enforces what's right.

(12-03-2015 12:37 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  No, it's not good for the heretics, it's good for people 'other' than the heretics, since it prevents them from becoming heretics.

Let's take a look at some of the fun tools used to legally enforce the Catholic "truth" for the betterment of society. They were a creative bunch at least.

The Pear was inserted into the "truth" denier's vagina, rectum or mouth and gradually expanded by turning the screw. Good times!
[Image: the-pear.jpg]

The Heretic's Fork. Keep your head up little buddy, it's for the good of society.
[Image: hereticsfork.jpg]

The Rack. Look at the bright side, you'll be 6" taller when you die.
[Image: the-rack.jpg]

The Wheel. A more efficient version of The Rack. Crazy Catholic engineers.
[Image: the-wheel.jpg]

The Breast Ripper. 'Cause only witches have boobies.
[Image: breast-ripper.jpg]

The Judas Cradle. "Ooo ooo, that tickles. ... A little to the left please. .... Okay it ain't tickling now, what you want me to confess to boss?"
[Image: judas-cradle.jpg]

That's gonna leave a mess.
[Image: thesaw.jpg]

The most efficient tool of them all. Just throw 'em in a cage and let God do the rest.
[Image: hanging-cage.jpg]

"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me."

Come Zombiepocalypse I kill Catholics first.

I’d like to add one more.

One of the torture devices during the Spanish Inquisition, this is probably one of the most gruesome of them all. The victim is put astride, naked, on a donkey-like apparatus, which is actually a vertical wooden board with a sharp V-wedge on top of it. After that, the torturer would add varying weights to the victim’s feet until finally the wedge sliced through the victim’s body.

[Image: Slide2327.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-03-2015, 05:48 PM
(14-03-2015 02:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Huh

Dodgy

The kings, queens, dukes, and counts? Those were the secular authorities of the time. Then again, the meaning of "secular" has changed over time, so I guess that would explain it.
14-03-2015, 05:50 PM
(14-03-2015 02:54 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 05:57 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Let's take a look at some of the fun tools used to legally enforce the Catholic "truth" for the betterment of society. They were a creative bunch at least.

The Pear was inserted into the "truth" denier's vagina, rectum or mouth and gradually expanded by turning the screw. Good times!
[Image: the-pear.jpg]

The Heretic's Fork. Keep your head up little buddy, it's for the good of society.
[Image: hereticsfork.jpg]

The Rack. Look at the bright side, you'll be 6" taller when you die.
[Image: the-rack.jpg]

The Wheel. A more efficient version of The Rack. Crazy Catholic engineers.
[Image: the-wheel.jpg]

The Breast Ripper. 'Cause only witches have boobies.
[Image: breast-ripper.jpg]

The Judas Cradle. "Ooo ooo, that tickles. ... A little to the left please. .... Okay it ain't tickling now, what you want me to confess to boss?"
[Image: judas-cradle.jpg]

That's gonna leave a mess.
[Image: thesaw.jpg]

The most efficient tool of them all. Just throw 'em in a cage and let God do the rest.
[Image: hanging-cage.jpg]

"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me."

Come Zombiepocalypse I kill Catholics first.

I’d like to add one more.

One of the torture devices during the Spanish Inquisition, this is probably one of the most gruesome of them all. The victim is put astride, naked, on a donkey-like apparatus, which is actually a vertical wooden board with a sharp V-wedge on top of it. After that, the torturer would add varying weights to the victim’s feet until finally the wedge sliced through the victim’s body.

[Image: Slide2327.jpg]

Torture isn't typically supposed to be a pleasant experience.
14-03-2015, 05:58 PM
(14-03-2015 05:48 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  The kings, queens, dukes, and counts? Those were the secular authorities of the time. Then again, the meaning of "secular" has changed over time, so I guess that would explain it.

Not exactly, considering that for a lot of time monarchs ruled by divine right. Not what we define secular. There's also to mention that the Pope claimed the right to depose kings (although it wasn't always successful), so there really wasn't a separation between church and state.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
14-03-2015, 07:44 PM
(14-03-2015 05:48 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 02:22 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Huh

Dodgy

The kings, queens, dukes, and counts? Those were the secular authorities of the time. Then again, the meaning of "secular" has changed over time, so I guess that would explain it.

So you can use words and then claim that they didn't mean what you meant that they meant? Consider

That lends a lot of credibility to your point of view. But of course that's exactly why we have people confused about what the hell you mean by Truth and God in the first place.

Everyone gets to make up their own definition of terms and then claim victimhood when they're called out as not making any sort of logical sense. Fuck it, just kill anyone that disagrees, that's easier.

If you look at it though, that's just what god does in the bible, so you're at least consistent in that regard.

Fucking troglodyte.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
14-03-2015, 07:52 PM
(14-03-2015 07:44 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 05:48 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  The kings, queens, dukes, and counts? Those were the secular authorities of the time. Then again, the meaning of "secular" has changed over time, so I guess that would explain it.

So you can use words and then claim that they didn't mean what you meant that they meant? Consider

That lends a lot of credibility to your point of view. But of course that's exactly why we have people confused about what the hell you mean by Truth and God in the first place.

Everyone gets to make up their own definition of terms and then claim victimhood when they're called out as not making any sort of logical sense. Fuck it, just kill anyone that disagrees, that's easier.

If you look at it though, that's just what god does in the bible, so you're at least consistent in that regard.

Fucking troglodyte.

Nah, ya fucking dip, the usage actually comes from how people 'did' use the word back then, in fact they still use it in the same way in reference to the Middle Ages. Case and point:

"Wherefore if forgers of money and other evil-doers are forthwith condemned to death by the secular authority....."

-Thomas Aquinas; Summa Theologica

Even though there was no separation of Church and State back then as we know today, there was still a distinction between authorities of the State and authorities of the Church, though, I'm sure you'll find a way to whine about this explanation as while.
14-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Since PP showed up the title of this thread has become quite misleading.

Sure hope PP's salvation doesn't rest on the number of people he converts with his wisdom and charm.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post