Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2015, 01:44 PM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(16-03-2015 12:16 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 06:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Do you actually *know* what's in the UN Human Rights declaration? You sure seem pretty down on the idea. Here's a summary:
[Image: 2013-10-16-humanrightsfinal.jpg]

It's taken from here. A worthwhile site if ever there was one.

I have a problem with pretty much two-thirds of those rules, plus the main idea behind them: Equality. Equality doesn't exist, it never has existed, and it never will exist, no matter how hard you try to force it into existence.

It's not about what exists, it's about what are worthy goals. Most countries are very far from being in compliance with the charter, but what rights exactly do you have a problem with? Freedom of expression? Freedom of religion? The lack of mention of imaginary friends?

How do you claim to be better than another human being? Your own Jesus foreshadowed this - "he who is without sin, let him cast the first stone" - sounds familiar? Yet again, seems like you like your God when he does what *you* tell him to, and not the other way round.

You're revealing yourself progressively as a rather unpleasant character. I have no idea why anyone would go along with what you say, it's dickery of the most obvious kind.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Quote:It's not about what exists, it's about what are worthy goals. Most countries are very far from being in compliance with the charter, but what rights exactly do you have a problem with? Freedom of expression? Freedom of religion? The lack of mention of imaginary friends?

Yeah, both of those things. As well as other things.

Quote:How do you claim to be better than another human being? Your own Jesus foreshadowed this - "he who is without sin, let him cast the first stone" - sounds familiar? Yet again, seems like you like your God when he does what *you* tell him to, and not the other way round.

I don't remember claiming that, but I don't see how that quote is relevant either. Of course nobody goes without sinning at least once.

Quote: You're revealing yourself progressively as a rather unpleasant character. I have no idea why anyone would go along with what you say, it's dickery of the most obvious kind.

Because it's all true?
16-03-2015, 01:56 PM
(16-03-2015 12:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 12:24 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  I'm actually not the old, by the way, jackass.

You're not "the old".
Really ? You have the mentality and views of a 85 year old, dear. You are unable to construct a sentence without a reference to homosexuality.
Jebus has made such a nice person of you. Can I get me some beligion, so I can be as much of a giant dick as you are ? What ? No threats today ? Big Grin

Quote:You're not "the old".
Really ? You have the mentality and views of a 85 year old, dear.

You're about 60 years off, there, actually.

Quote:You are unable to construct a sentence without a reference to homosexuality.

I just did.

Quote:Jebus has made such a nice person of you. Can I get me some beligion, so I can be as much of a giant dick as you are ?

Me thinks you should pull the plank out of your own eye, first.
16-03-2015, 01:58 PM
(16-03-2015 01:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 12:14 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Well, all of his heretical writings are untranslated Latin, but, if you want some examples, try his "Dell' infinito universo e dei mondi" in which, he comes to the conclusion that the universe is infinite because of mystic visions he saw in his dreams.

That's "De l'Infinito Universo et Mondi". And here it is translated to English.
Do you even Google? Consider

Mystic visions? Many good ideas have occurred to people in dreams.
I think you must have gotten your views from answersingenesis.org.

That's not the same thing. He literally didn't have any evidence to support the things he taught as fact other than his mystic visions in his dreams. He also freely advocated magic, and made references to the Greek gods as existing as valid deities in one of his writings. So, yeah, he was a heretic, and a shit 'scientist' as well.
16-03-2015, 01:59 PM
(16-03-2015 01:52 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Because it's all true?

Ahahahaha Laughat

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-03-2015, 02:00 PM
(16-03-2015 01:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 01:52 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Because it's all true?

Ahahahaha Laughat

Well, then, go ahead man. If you want to say I'm wrong, then prove that human rights and equality exist, objectively, from a secular standpoint.
16-03-2015, 02:01 PM
(16-03-2015 01:52 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
Quote:It's not about what exists, it's about what are worthy goals. Most countries are very far from being in compliance with the charter, but what rights exactly do you have a problem with? Freedom of expression? Freedom of religion? The lack of mention of imaginary friends?

Yeah, both of those things. As well as other things.

??? He mentioned three things, not two.

Quote:
Quote:How do you claim to be better than another human being? Your own Jesus foreshadowed this - "he who is without sin, let him cast the first stone" - sounds familiar? Yet again, seems like you like your God when he does what *you* tell him to, and not the other way round.

I don't remember claiming that, but I don't see how that quote is relevant either. Of course nobody goes without sinning at least once.

Quote: You're revealing yourself progressively as a rather unpleasant character. I have no idea why anyone would go along with what you say, it's dickery of the most obvious kind.

Because it's all true?

It's true that God is a dick? Then I proudly say "Non serviam".
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
16-03-2015, 02:04 PM
(16-03-2015 02:00 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 01:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  Ahahahaha Laughat

Well, then, go ahead man. If you want to say I'm wrong, then prove that human rights and equality exist, objectively, from a secular standpoint.

No, they exist by agreement among people.

What the fuck is it with theists that they can't understand life without daddy telling them what to do?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
16-03-2015, 02:06 PM
(16-03-2015 02:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 02:00 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Well, then, go ahead man. If you want to say I'm wrong, then prove that human rights and equality exist, objectively, from a secular standpoint.

No, they exist by agreement among people.

What the fuck is it with theists that they can't understand life without daddy telling them what to do?

If they exist by agreement among people then (and I remember asking you this before without an answer) why do countries sanction/intervene/invade other countries who refuse to follow them?
16-03-2015, 02:06 PM
(16-03-2015 01:58 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 01:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's "De l'Infinito Universo et Mondi". And here it is translated to English.
Do you even Google? Consider

Mystic visions? Many good ideas have occurred to people in dreams.
I think you must have gotten your views from answersingenesis.org.

That's not the same thing. He literally didn't have any evidence to support the things he taught as fact other than his mystic visions in his dreams. He also freely advocated magic, and made references to the Greek gods as existing as valid deities in one of his writings. So, yeah, he was a heretic, and a shit 'scientist' as well.

Once again, you provide no support for your statements.

And 'heretic' is at worst an empty accusation; at best, a badge of honor.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post