Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2015, 04:39 AM
RE: Catholics vs. TTA......Respectfully.....
(17-03-2015 04:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 09:44 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  The Human Rights Declaration declares that every man is equal.

No, it doesn't. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that all people have equal rights.

Your understanding of English is poor.

So is his understanding of history, logic, and reason. So that's not terribly surprising now, is it?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2015, 05:49 AM
Declaration of Human Wrongs

As highlighted by St. Hitch.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
17-03-2015, 11:19 AM
(17-03-2015 04:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 09:44 PM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  The Human Rights Declaration declares that every man is equal.

No, it doesn't. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that all people have equal rights.

Which is also something that can't be proven. The State giving people rights is one thing. Claiming that there are 'inalienable human rights' that somehow extent to every country, nationality, religion, ect. at all times, is complete nonsense.
17-03-2015, 11:24 AM
(17-03-2015 05:49 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Declaration of Human Wrongs

As highlighted by St. Hitch.

Why do you think I became progressively more right wing in the first place? It doesn't matter how many times we apologize for it, or make restitution for it, you just take that chance to whine even more about it. So I say, fuck it. I don't apologize for Galileo, or the Inquisition, or the place of women in the Middle Ages, or anything, and I sincerely hope a proceeding Pope withdraws all said apologies, as nearly none of them are things that need an apology anyway.
17-03-2015, 11:31 AM
Quote: It can be. Antebellum slavery in the American south certainly had hierarchy, no?

Yeah, I'll give you that one.

Quote:Wow, I hope you didn't hurt yourself shitting out that logic brick. Hyperbole much?

Pro Tip: Eat a bran muffin next time.

Don't tell me you're going to argue that the generations old pedophile army is justifiable because of Count Dracula and Muslims?

Well, considering there never was any "pedophile army" within the Catholic Church....

Quote: Nothing but evil? No, I'm not that hyperbolic. However it's history of evils and transgressions certainly outweigh any benefit they every provided outside of themselves. You'd be hard pressed to not find other organizations that do every good thing the Catholic Church now tries to take credit for, and do it better and with far less collateral damage (like that aforementioned army of AID's denying child abusing pedophiles).

Well, considering they have some of the largest relief efforts in the world, no, I don't think so. Also, I don't see any AID's denying within the Church.
17-03-2015, 11:34 AM
(17-03-2015 11:19 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 04:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, it doesn't. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that all people have equal rights.

Which is also something that can't be proven. The State giving people rights is one thing. Claiming that there are 'inalienable human rights' that somehow extent to every country, nationality, religion, ect. at all times, is complete nonsense.

How is that nonsense? We simply agree by consensus that people have those rights; the function of a state is to adjudicate the limits of those rights.
The state only exists by the consent of the governed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-03-2015, 11:38 AM
(16-03-2015 10:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-03-2015 08:51 PM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Catholic doctrine states that man is only equal in dignity. Equality would be against Catholic doctrine merely by the fact that Mary is the hyperdoulia, which means that she is the best human in heaven.

Wrong again popey breath. If Jebus really was incarnated, and took on human nature, then HE would be the biggest dick in heaven. (You don't really buy that shit do you ?)

Meh, technicality. Mary is the highest non divine human. There is that better. And yes I buy that shit. Its damn good shit!

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
17-03-2015, 11:39 AM
(17-03-2015 11:19 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 04:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, it doesn't. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that all people have equal rights.

1. It's "extend", not "extent". Do try and get to school some day. Preferably soon.
2. There's nothing to prove, deary. They extend, if humans agree they extend. That's how laws work. ("The consent of the goverend" and all that. WE agree. There are no gods or supernatural forces that impart or endow anything, cocksucker. The State doesn't give rights. The people who are govererned agree to what they are. Rolleyes
You really should read St. Augustine's "The City of God", to begin your education. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-03-2015, 12:40 PM
(17-03-2015 11:24 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Why do you think I became progressively more right wing in the first place? It doesn't matter how many times we apologize for it, or make restitution for it, you just take that chance to whine even more about it. So I say, fuck it. I don't apologize for Galileo, or the Inquisition, or the place of women in the Middle Ages, or anything, and I sincerely hope a proceeding Pope withdraws all said apologies, as nearly none of them are things that need an apology anyway.

Alright then. I was trying to use a line of questioning there to see if I could get inside your head a little and see where you're coming from. Maybe appeal to your humanity and empathy.

I can see very clearly where you're coming from. You employ zero empathy in your thinking and whatever humanity you may have had has been brainwashed away by the cult you call your religion. It's truly disgusting to see and is testament to why the people of the world struggle so much to survive, let alone prosper, when it is fully within humanities capabilities to easily do so. If only poor minds like yours weren't allowed to be abused with such horrible ideas.

One day I hope you'll wake up and see things differently, but I'm not holding my breath.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
17-03-2015, 01:45 PM
(17-03-2015 11:34 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 11:19 AM)PetrovPolak Wrote:  Which is also something that can't be proven. The State giving people rights is one thing. Claiming that there are 'inalienable human rights' that somehow extent to every country, nationality, religion, ect. at all times, is complete nonsense.

How is that nonsense? We simply agree by consensus that people have those rights; the function of a state is to adjudicate the limits of those rights.
The state only exists by the consent of the governed.

Except, as I just told you, there isn't a damn consensus world-wide, they're just forced into it by stronger countries. Also, no, the state does not only exist by the consent of the governed, if that were true, then North Korea wouldn't exist.