Cats and dogs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2015, 05:13 PM
Cats and dogs
I'm not a big fan of dogs but I love cats and horses. Cats and horses don't try to hump your leg and they don't eat shit. Turn a dog loose in a horse corral and he'll eat every bit of horse shit he can find [then he'll want to lick your face]. Cats and horses don't like to roll on dead squirrels but dogs love it and the more rotten the rodent, the better. My neighbors, the ones we call "the hillbillies," love dogs and they have six of them. They are the most undisciplined dogs I've ever met. They bark from 5:00 a.m to 6:00 pm. When I complain to animal control about it, the fucking dog catcher tells me to leave it alone because the dogs are "service dogs" for one of the hillbilly kids. Then, after I complain, the mother of the family calls the pigs and tells them I am harassing her. That doesn't worry me [I spent 40 years as a trial lawyer and there isn't any animal less intimidating to me than a cop] but it does piss me off. One of the problems they have, if I ever decide to go nuts on them, is that the law in this jurisdiction only allows a family to own THREE dogs. There are a couple of ways I can solve this dog problem though I really do not want to do it.

1. We have some rattlesnakes down at my horse ranch. We also have some rattlers in my neighborhood. I could bring those dogs a couple of rattlers but I watched a big dog die from a prairie rattler bite last spring and it's a miserable death for the dog.

2. "Canoe," the men's cologne. We also have a couple million mountain lions in our neighborhood and they like to eat a dog on occasion. For some unknown reason, lions are attracted to "Canoe" cologne and they use it to train the mtn lions at our zoo. I think my neighbor's dogs are going to start wearing cologne.

3. Finally, I have two young boar bears in my neighborhood and they like to play "golf" with dogs and raccoons. Twice, I have stopped those bears from going after the neighbor's dogs. I am not going to do that anymore. If those bears want to knock the shit out of the dogs, it's fine with me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2015, 05:39 PM
RE: Cats and dogs
4. Anger Management therapy

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 6 users Like Slowminded's post
23-09-2015, 07:59 PM
My dogs are couch surfers. They are let out several times a day but only for a short time. Since two of them like to bark at the people walking by the fence or in the alley, I try to make sure they are only out during decent hours. I love dogs, but I don't impose mine on anyone else.

However, the neighbors behind us have -I don't know how many dogs - and they will leave one or more out in the yard barking sometimes around the clock...this of course, makes my dogs nuts and we are stuck listening to them bark. Neighbors apparently breed their dogs too as we often hear the mewing and then tiny yaps of puppies. It's a particular pain during the seasons when we can leave the windows open. Sometimes we have to close them to be able to shut out some of the incessant noise. We won't get into the sounds of their 'urban' chickens. Facepalm

People around here walk their dogs a lot...seemingly so that their dogs can crap in other people's front yards. My dogs are never in the front yard but there seems to never be a lack of poop out there. grrrrrrr!

I think that it would be the best route to tackle the 'too many dogs' law. I have never heard of one person needed six service dogs at the same time. Do the authorities realize that you are not well and that listening to barking dogs all day does not allow you to rest like you need to?

I will never understand why some people think that everyone should share in their love for their pets. Dogs are going to bark - they are dogs, it's what they do. But to have to listen to barking dogs for 12 straight hours is not reasonable.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
23-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Over the course of my life I have lived with I think, 44 dogs. 1 of these was truly special and in fact irreplaceable. Most of the others were farm dogs and greyhounds.

I lived with one cat, he was more like a dog than a cat and would just yawn if a dog ran at him. He was half wild and would disappear into the bush for weeks at a time. Eventually died of snakebite. I think a king brown or red belly black. We never found out. But they were in the area. One could never call that cat a friend.

At one point, when I was perhaps 12 or 13, I would hang out with nearly 20 dogs and we would go on huge walks. Into the hills. Just me and a pack of dogs. Happily they all loved me.

I no longer have pets. The last was a pet rat. Great little animal.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
23-09-2015, 08:50 PM
(23-09-2015 07:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My dogs are couch surfers. They are let out several times a day but only for a short time. Since two of them like to bark at the people walking by the fence or in the alley, I try to make sure they are only out during decent hours. I love dogs, but I don't impose mine on anyone else.

However, the neighbors behind us have -I don't know how many dogs - and they will leave one or more out in the yard barking sometimes around the clock...this of course, makes my dogs nuts and we are stuck listening to them bark. Neighbors apparently breed their dogs too as we often hear the mewing and then tiny yaps of puppies. It's a particular pain during the seasons when we can leave the windows open. Sometimes we have to close them to be able to shut out some of the incessant noise. We won't get into the sounds of their 'urban' chickens. Facepalm

People around here walk their dogs a lot...seemingly so that their dogs can crap in other people's front yards. My dogs are never in the front yard but there seems to never be a lack of poop out there. grrrrrrr!

I think that it would be the best route to tackle the 'too many dogs' law. I have never heard of one person needed six service dogs at the same time. Do the authorities realize that you are not well and that listening to barking dogs all day does not allow you to rest like you need to?

I will never understand why some people think that everyone should share in their love for their pets. Dogs are going to bark - they are dogs, it's what they do. But to have to listen to barking dogs for 12 straight hours is not reasonable.

Barking dogs get visits from animal control out here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-09-2015, 07:08 AM
They make ultra-high frequency devices that annoy dogs but people can't hear them. These are supposed to stop dogs from barking, as they go off when they sense that kind of noise level. Get one and put it on the property line, aimed in their direction.

MIL carries a hand-held version when she goes for her walks. I borrowed it for our ex-neighbor's yapping dogs, and it does work.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
24-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Dogs love you and will protect you during your demise.
Cats are plotting your demise.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
24-09-2015, 02:34 PM
A dull night, a pellet rifle, a 12 pack of beer and full nighttime camo is a sure fire way to "retrain" a noisy neighborhood dog....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
24-09-2015, 04:07 PM
Toss a little marijuana over the fence for the dogs?? Mellooooooow doggies. Sleepy

Maybe the owners could use some too. Shy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
24-09-2015, 04:40 PM
(24-09-2015 04:07 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Toss a little marijuana over the fence for the dogs?? Mellooooooow doggies. Sleepy

Maybe the owners could use some too. Shy

That reminds me of years ago....like 1966. It was right after my little brother was born. It was hot as hell and in Wisconsin, where we lived at the time, central air wasn't something most people had. The neighbors had an old beagle that they left chained to a doghouse. The dog barked and bayed at the moon endlessly. Mom was cranky cause she couldn't sleep, baby up during the night, dad was getting cranky....things were getting pretty unpleasant.

Dad fixed the dog a treat that made him sleep for about 12 hours straight. The next night I think he was afraid to bark.

Dad wasn't going to kill him...whatever was in the special snack was from dad's veterinary supplies. The neighbors couldn't figure out why the dog didn't even wake up for breakfast...he did finally come to around lunch time. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat