Cats and dogs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2015, 05:12 PM
RE: Cats and dogs
(24-09-2015 07:08 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  They make ultra-high frequency devices that annoy dogs but people can't hear them. These are supposed to stop dogs from barking, as they go off when they sense that kind of noise level. Get one and put it on the property line, aimed in their direction.

MIL carries a hand-held version when she goes for her walks. I borrowed it for our ex-neighbor's yapping dogs, and it does work.

Yes, we used one of those to train our three little pot-lickers to stop barking when someone came to the door. I tried it without a dog barking to see what would happen. The chihuahua promptly fell over on its side, bam! Pretty funny. Whatever frequency it is at, it must be pretty loud. Even though a human may not hear it, the instructions tell you not to aim it at yourself when activated, as it can cause hearing damage.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2015, 07:24 PM
I despise both of them equally. One because it won't get its head out of my ass and the other because it just says "Fuck You Fatboy" whenever I try to stop it from shitting in my shoe.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
24-09-2015, 07:49 PM
(24-09-2015 05:12 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 07:08 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  They make ultra-high frequency devices that annoy dogs but people can't hear them. These are supposed to stop dogs from barking, as they go off when they sense that kind of noise level. Get one and put it on the property line, aimed in their direction.

MIL carries a hand-held version when she goes for her walks. I borrowed it for our ex-neighbor's yapping dogs, and it does work.

Yes, we used one of those to train our three little pot-lickers to stop barking when someone came to the door. I tried it without a dog barking to see what would happen. The chihuahua promptly fell over on its side, bam! Pretty funny. Whatever frequency it is at, it must be pretty loud. Even though a human may not hear it, the instructions tell you not to aim it at yourself when activated, as it can cause hearing damage.

Funny....must be a chihuahua thing. We have a chihuahua/rat terrier mix who is a rescue. We have had her a long time...poor thing is terrified of thunder and fireworks. The vet said that some of the prescription anti-anxiety meds can have the opposite effect so didn't want to go that route. Besides that, it's hard to anticipate storms around here...don't want her zombied out all the time and won't necessarily be home when a storm hits. So, they gave us a ThunderShirt, they wanted feedback on how it worked.

First time I wrestled her into it she stood stock-still. I could pick her up and place her anywhere and she wouldn't move...I am not even sure she was blinking. A few more attempts prompted the same response. I decided I just couldn't do that to her, poor thing was so traumatized.

Now, if I am home when a storm hits and on the Fourth of July and New Year's Eve she gets a Benedryl.

I can't imagine a zap or an intense sound - she would probably burst into flames. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
25-09-2015, 09:16 AM
(24-09-2015 07:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I despise both of them equally. One because it won't get its head out of my ass and the other because it just says "Fuck You Fatboy" whenever I try to stop it from shitting in my shoe.

I imagine that there would be a line of critters and people waiting to shit in your shoe.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
25-09-2015, 09:26 AM
Thank you for all of the responses. As I type this, I have one of those ultra high frequency dog barker deterrents sitting by me on my desk. It will be operational very soon. The other thing that is going to happen is that I am going to fire up my chain saw at 5:00 a.m. and cut some trees between my yard and theirs. [I am going to replace them with very dense bushes but it will take me some time to cut the trees.] Those neighbors better like the sound of chain saws because they are going to hear them for the next 10 days to 2 weeks.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
25-09-2015, 04:32 PM
(25-09-2015 09:16 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(24-09-2015 07:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I despise both of them equally. One because it won't get its head out of my ass and the other because it just says "Fuck You Fatboy" whenever I try to stop it from shitting in my shoe.

I imagine that there would be a line of critters and people waiting to shit in your shoe.

#sigh
25-09-2015, 04:34 PM
(25-09-2015 09:26 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  Those neighbors better like the sound of chain saws because they are going to hear them for the next 10 days to 2 weeks.

I do find it soothing.

#sigh