'Cause I don't need any stress or anger

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2017, 03:00 AM
RE: 'Cause I don't need any stress or anger
Crikey, didn't know you had so much going on!

So you guys have a version of our "Social Services" over there? Normally a case worker/volunteer is assigned to the case and they would visit at least once a week, which doesn't seem much but obviously is better than "case is closed" .

Keep us updated on that for sure. Hope it works out well for the kids.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
12-10-2017, 03:43 AM
I'm really sorrySad I'm thinking of you at this horrible and difficult time. Hug
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
12-10-2017, 11:12 AM
Anjele,

I'm sorry you are having to deal with all this. Please make sure you are taking care of yourself first. I realize that's very difficult in a situation like this one with your daughter, but remember, you can't take care of others very well if you are struggling yourself. You definitely do not need stress right now. No Is there maybe someone else in your family who can at least help you deal with your daughter's situation? Like making some of those calls to DSS?

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
12-10-2017, 12:39 PM
I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this as well. Hugs to you.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
12-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Anjele, I am so, so sorry that you are going through this.

I work with a child abuse prevention agency that also has an A&D peer support program, so I know what bear a meth addiction can be, even for those that are trying to kick it. A home in which there is meth is no place for children.

Unfortunately, the laws governing what CPS can and can't do vary wildly from state to state. It may well be that that SC DSS has their hands tied as far as what they can do legally. What you can do with them may be limited to what you are doing -- keep bugging them.

I'm more familiar with resources available on the west coast, than else where, but I do know that SC has at least been trying to take steps to protect children of drug affected parents.

Your daughter may not be ready for rehab, but it might be worth while giving these folks a call and explaining the situation; they may be able to connect you with other resources that can take steps to help protect the kids.
1-800-343-0892

Sorry I don't have more to offer; best wishes. Hug

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
12-10-2017, 03:40 PM
Respect to you Dr H a difficult job I'm sure. Bowing
12-10-2017, 03:51 PM
(12-10-2017 03:38 PM)Dr H Wrote:  Anjele, I am so, so sorry that you are going through this.

I work with a child abuse prevention agency that also has an A&D peer support program, so I know what bear a meth addiction can be, even for those that are trying to kick it. A home in which there is meth is no place for children.

Unfortunately, the laws governing what CPS can and can't do vary wildly from state to state. It may well be that that SC DSS has their hands tied as far as what they can do legally. What you can do with them may be limited to what you are doing -- keep bugging them.

I'm more familiar with resources available on the west coast, than else where, but I do know that SC has at least been trying to take steps to protect children of drug affected parents.

Your daughter may not be ready for rehab, but it might be worth while giving these folks a call and explaining the situation; they may be able to connect you with other resources that can take steps to help protect the kids.
1-800-343-0892

Sorry I don't have more to offer; best wishes. Hug

Thank you. I will definitely keep that number at hand. I'm so frustrated. This isn't her first brush with DSS and she has had brushes with the law but the kids seem to be low priority. I went to work today for a few hours and lost myself in a project so I could think about something else. I started trying to get help for her twenty years ago and haven't managed to accomplish anything. At this point my concern is the safety of the kids. UGH!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-10-2017, 03:56 PM
(12-10-2017 03:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thank you. I will definitely keep that number at hand. I'm so frustrated. This isn't her first brush with DSS and she has had brushes with the law but the kids seem to be low priority. I went to work today for a few hours and lost myself in a project so I could think about something else. I started trying to get help for her twenty years ago and haven't managed to accomplish anything. At this point my concern is the safety of the kids. UGH!

Is there any help you can call upon Anjele? Is the government powerless in this situation?

What avenues are there to help?

I'm frustrated simply reading of this. I can't imagine living it. Huh

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
12-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Hug I'm so sorry Sad

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-10-2017, 03:16 PM
Thanks all...I have decided to be sure to take all meds, even the ones for stress and depression everyday, as prescribed and without fail.

I am also trying to compartmentalize all the crap going on.

When I go to work I totally immerse myself and don't allow thought of the finances or the daughter or the grandkids. I found some new podcasts...I plug in and work as long as I feel I can physically...I was so focused yesterday that at about noon I realized I hadn't even gone to the restroom since arriving at the office. I was that zoned in.

The mom thing....I have to let my siblings handle that...even though as the oldest I am sort of expected to take the lead I really have to let one of them handle it.

The finances are what they are...I have cut back some more on things to help with that.

I can only take things a piece at a time or I will end up in the hospital again, possibly with bad results.

I appreciate the support, as always.

A

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post