'Cause I don't need any stress or anger

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-11-2017, 09:16 AM
RE: 'Cause I don't need any stress or anger
(26-11-2017 09:05 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:I am torn...so very torn. I really don't need to try to make a thousand mile drive in my current state of health and I really can't afford it. On the other hand...even though she isn't there when others are sick I can't imagine being in the ICU with no one to stop by and check on me.

As you factor in the pros and cons I encourage you to reflect on the possibility that maybe you want to go because you want to be needed.

I’m not saying that’s the case. Obviously, I don’t know. It is, however, for me at least, easy to imagine you going out there and finding the experience very empty.

It sucks when all courses of action (and inaction) suck.

I would expect nothing good to come of a trip out there...other than being able to see a couple other people that I care for a lot.

I think the 'need' to go is, in part, to not be like her. If that makes sense. sigh

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-11-2017, 09:21 AM
So far it appears that the kids are doing well and daughter now knows she is being watched.

There are some good people in the kids' lives that help look out for them and all I can hope for is that they don't get caught up in a more dangerous situation.

For now...things seem as calm as they can be on that front. Confused

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
26-11-2017, 01:54 PM
Good news on the grandkids. Addiction is an awful disease. Sorry they have to grow up suffering from it.

As for mom, I still say don't put your own health at risk. If going puts you at risk, don't do it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
26-11-2017, 05:59 PM
(26-11-2017 05:50 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So, mom has been drinking again...non-stop since I had the heart attack. She has gone from box wine to vodka and isn't hiding it any more from the one family member (an aunt) who checks on her. She did threaten to drink rubbing alcohol again if Sherry (my aunt) didn't go get her some liquor a couple weeks ago.

Sherry went to mom's house a couple days ago and found her sitting in a blood stained shirt from the day before when she had fallen and busted her eye. Sherry cleaned her up, again....put her to bed, again. And cleaned up the house, again.

Now mom is back in the hospital and has been intubated to help her breathe. Maybe pneumonia...maybe heart issues...who knows.

I am torn...so very torn. I really don't need to try to make a thousand mile drive in my current state of health and I really can't afford it. On the other hand...even though she isn't there when others are sick I can't imagine being in the ICU with no one to stop by and check on me.

So I have been awake for a couple hours making myself sick wondering what to do.

I have no illusions of driving out there and making amends with her but I am really struggling with what to do.

At the heart of it, I am a decent person (yeah, I know that's a shock to some).

I am torn...I really don't know what to do and I hate it.

Sadcryface

You already know where your boundaries are. You need to abide them.

She won't get out of the whirlpool until she's damned good and ready ... and you're not responsible for her rock-bottom.

Sorry to be so blunt, but it's her decision. Do your best to shield yourself and the others you love from the effects of her irresponsibility. Harsh as it might sound, that's my advice: control the things you can, and let go of the things you cannot.
01-12-2017, 08:32 PM
My brother flew out to NC on Tuesday. He's the one with power of attorney and is mom's baby...the golden child.

I would love to know what finally made him go.

Anyway, momzilla has been moved to a rehab facility. She has really messed herself up physically this time. Brother signed her in for care. Hopefully she won't do what she did a couple weeks ago and just call a cab and leave AMA.

I have no illusions that she is going to get sober for any length of time. But it appears that she simply cannot be living on her own in her present condition.

Perhaps we (the family) can all breathe a while.

01-12-2017, 09:58 PM
Hug

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky