Causing "pain" to others

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2013, 08:05 AM
RE: Causing "pain" to others
(14-01-2013 01:22 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(13-01-2013 07:48 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  I don't see why it's wrong to cause pain to others.

What is the basis of this reasoning?

I personally find it "good" (good and bad don't exist) to cause pain to those who deny me normal knowledge.
Actually, this is a honest and perfectly valid question, not trying to justify anything. Which makes me think if there's more something to the way you wonder about people. Might be a neurologic condition. See my PM.

Edit: Damn, is he gone already? In my opinion, he might have a certain kind of empathy disability. Do people still receive PMs if they're banned or something? It would be quite bad to put him off like that without recognizing his problem and pointing him towards a professional help. I already did so with another person on another forum whom I believe has the very same condition. When I explained this to him, I think he went off the net or something, I haven't seen him since. But it's important to realize that this is nothing personal, it's how our brain conditions us. People who are real jerks, prefer to be jerks in real life, not go on the net. If we ask about certain moral standards, it doesn't feel like questions, but like questioning - doubting. Which pushes our buttons. Everyone's buttons, even mine. We think it's a provocation, while it really isn't, it's a perfectly valid question of someone who can't process this kind of information.

Well, if nami had received a sound advice with references towards medical examination, and still remained a jerk, well, some people are just jerks, neurology doesn't determine that.
Actually it s quite hard to get banned on this forum. I opened few trolling topics and still havent made it. So Bowing to namiloveyou Big Grin .

About the question: the reason is simple, because they will cause pain to you. Most people are behaving according so called conditional altruism-if you re nice to me, i will be nice to you, if you re bad to me, i will be bad to you. So unless you want to get hurt you shouldnt hurt others.
The question might get more questionable in special circumstances. Suppose you decided to make a suicide. Why shouldnt you kill few people before that if that makes you happy?

Trolls are holy race. Eduard Khil is our god.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2013, 08:21 AM
RE: Causing "pain" to others
(24-01-2013 08:05 AM)Troll Wrote:  Actually it s quite hard to get banned on this forum. I opened few trolling topics and still havent made it. So Bowing to namiloveyou Big Grin .

About the question: the reason is simple, because they will cause pain to you. Most people are behaving according so called conditional altruism-if you re nice to me, i will be nice to you, if you re bad to me, i will be bad to you. So unless you want to get hurt you shouldnt hurt others.
The question might get more questionable in special circumstances. Suppose you decided to make a suicide. Why shouldnt you kill few people before that if that makes you happy?

It would seem that is exactly what school shooters do.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply