Caution: Serpentdove is copying/pasting your conversations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2017, 07:03 AM
I've been secretly copying and pasting content from you guys for years! I only publish it in a separate but parallel reality though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
03-07-2017, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2017 07:14 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Caution: Serpentdove is copying/pasting your conversations
I've already forwarded the pictures of everyone here to Interpol. Apparently they finally caught up with the Slowminded Serbian assassin since he hasn't been heard from in a while.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-07-2017, 07:07 AM
(03-07-2017 07:03 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I've been secretly copying and pasting content from you guys for years! I only publish it in a separate but parallel reality though

Make sure that the meta-google gods don't find out!

Wouldn't a "parallel" reality have to align with ours point for point everywhere? If it didn't then it wouldn't be parallel... Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
03-07-2017, 07:08 AM
(03-07-2017 07:07 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 07:03 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I've been secretly copying and pasting content from you guys for years! I only publish it in a separate but parallel reality though

Make sure that the meta-google gods don't find out!

Wouldn't a "parallel" reality have to align with ours point for point everywhere? If it didn't then it wouldn't be parallel... Consider

Google can't search across different realities...yet

Cheers
TheBeardedDude

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
03-07-2017, 07:11 AM
(03-07-2017 07:00 AM)Dom Wrote:  Wearing my SEO hat:

It is more sneaky than that. Google would probably like to know and would punish his site for plagiarism. It is a more subtle way of manipulating google - google values content. If a site shows the same type of content as a well established one, it gains exposure. By using things posted here, he gives himself a boost in the search engines that is less likely to be caught by google than links. But google does have dupe content in it's algo and if detected, what he is doing is a punishable offense in the eyes of the google gods. And for website owners, that is worse than a criminal misdemeanor.

When I ran websites, I used to report this behavior to google and see the culprits sink into the bottom swamp that is google's purgatory.

So, Serpentdove, watch it! Cheating the search engines annoys me, it is stealing from the success of others and even possibly getting them in google trouble because of dupe content if not reported first.

I say, cut the crap, serpent. The google gods definitely exist, and they are swift to punish.

You can take that as a warning. Dodgy

You think that's it? The web site design doesn't indicate the level of sophistication you are suggesting. Traffic doesn't even register on SimilarWeb or Semrush.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
03-07-2017, 07:23 AM
(03-07-2017 07:11 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 07:00 AM)Dom Wrote:  Wearing my SEO hat:

It is more sneaky than that. Google would probably like to know and would punish his site for plagiarism. It is a more subtle way of manipulating google - google values content. If a site shows the same type of content as a well established one, it gains exposure. By using things posted here, he gives himself a boost in the search engines that is less likely to be caught by google than links. But google does have dupe content in it's algo and if detected, what he is doing is a punishable offense in the eyes of the google gods. And for website owners, that is worse than a criminal misdemeanor.

When I ran websites, I used to report this behavior to google and see the culprits sink into the bottom swamp that is google's purgatory.

So, Serpentdove, watch it! Cheating the search engines annoys me, it is stealing from the success of others and even possibly getting them in google trouble because of dupe content if not reported first.

I say, cut the crap, serpent. The google gods definitely exist, and they are swift to punish.

You can take that as a warning. Dodgy

You think that's it? The web site design doesn't indicate the level of sophistication you are suggesting. Traffic doesn't even register on SimilarWeb or Semrush.

Intended or not, it's the effect plagiarism has if done intermingled with original text. It's an internet no-no and needs no laws, all the search engines take care of it when they notice it. And they will, sooner or later.

And if his rankings are shit, they may have caught on already.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-07-2017, 07:30 AM
(03-07-2017 07:23 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 07:11 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You think that's it? The web site design doesn't indicate the level of sophistication you are suggesting. Traffic doesn't even register on SimilarWeb or Semrush.

Intended or not, it's the effect plagiarism has if done intermingled with original text. It's an internet no-no and needs no laws, all the search engines take care of it when they notice it. And they will, sooner or later.

It looks to me like they've properly attributed everything so I don't think it's plagiarism. Had they not referenced the author of the post it would have been plagiarism.

03-07-2017, 07:36 AM
(03-07-2017 07:30 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 07:23 AM)Dom Wrote:  Intended or not, it's the effect plagiarism has if done intermingled with original text. It's an internet no-no and needs no laws, all the search engines take care of it when they notice it. And they will, sooner or later.

It looks to me like they've properly attributed everything so I don't think it's plagiarism. Had they not referenced the poster it would have been plagiarism.

If they referenced by link, it's ok. It actually gives us a boost then.

The search engines made their own laws, and they change them all the time to adjust to new ways people try to manipulate them. They rule the web supreme - hence we call them the google gods. They can make or break any online business without batting an eye. And they want to present useful search results, so their algos are HUGE and always growing. No one knows what exactly they contain - so they can't be played.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
03-07-2017, 08:28 AM
That shit's creepy. I knew something wasn't right with that kid.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
03-07-2017, 09:38 AM
So I just tried to find her/his/its website and couldn't.... Oh wait, I didn't spell it right. I accidentally put sewer repent dove.

Correcting...
Nope still can't find it.

Any hints without actually linking to it? Just curious now...

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams