Celebrities

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2016, 09:34 AM
Celebrities
While fiddling around with my TV yesterday, I ended up having several daytime and early eve programs on that have celebrity guests or gossip.

Who the fuck are these people? I don't know them! Maybe I don't watch enough TV and movies (I don't). I have no idea who they are. I lack the motivation to find out.

There are so many series on TV and other streaming places, even if you watch all day you can't possibly know all these people.

So, are the "celebrities" at these shows so people become aware of their existence, or are they there because they have lots of fans and will increase the show's audiences? Do you know who most of these people are? Who is celebrating them? Huh

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2016, 09:38 AM
RE: Celebrities
I think the range of the use of the word celebrity is pretty wide. There are A-list through D-List. I think with the reality tv show craze there are more D-List celebs than ever. I am watching Dancing with the Stars this season and I only recognize a handful of the so-called stars.
10-10-2016, 09:43 AM
I have no clue, I don't watch hardly any tv (The Blacklist is the only show I care about), and I've never been one to pay attention to celebrity gossip.

Unless it blows up on FB feed (like the Angelina Jolie thing), I'm happily in the dark.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-10-2016, 10:26 AM
(10-10-2016 09:43 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I have no clue, I don't watch hardly any tv (The Blacklist is the only show I care about), and I've never been one to pay attention to celebrity gossip.

Unless it blows up on FB feed (like the Angelina Jolie thing), I'm happily in the dark.

What happened to Angelina Jolie?
10-10-2016, 10:28 AM
I usually have no clue who anybody is. I haven't watched TV in years and haven't listened to the radio in even more years.
The only media I follow is Youtube really so I might recognize sommmmme of the Youtube celebreties but even there by far not a lot because I watch the same few people all the time + random shit when I end up in the weird corner of youtube.

So no, you are not alone with the feeling of "who the fuck is that even"

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
10-10-2016, 10:34 AM
(10-10-2016 10:26 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 09:43 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I have no clue, I don't watch hardly any tv (The Blacklist is the only show I care about), and I've never been one to pay attention to celebrity gossip.

What happened to Angelina Jolie?

Did she die? Not sure who she is, so maybe I shouldn't even ask.
10-10-2016, 10:46 AM
(10-10-2016 10:34 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 10:26 AM)pablo Wrote:  What happened to Angelina Jolie?

Did she die? Not sure who she is, so maybe I shouldn't even ask.

It came up on my "celebrity tour". She's getting a divorce and she has adopted a lot of kids from all over the place and she had a fight with her hubby on an airplane. That's what I know. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
10-10-2016, 11:05 AM
It's got to be like "stars" years ago, if they wanted to boost some woman with boobs bigger than her talent they called her a "star".

It just made the expressions "actress" and "actor" more valuable.

Means not a lot now, pity for the real people worth celebrating out there!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
10-10-2016, 12:36 PM
(10-10-2016 10:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-10-2016 10:34 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Did she die? Not sure who she is, so maybe I shouldn't even ask.

It came up on my "celebrity tour". She's getting a divorce and she has adopted a lot of kids from all over the place and she had a fight with her hubby on an airplane. That's what I know. Tongue

I liked her in the movie A Mighty Heart. She's not a terrible actress, she's just not a great actress. She also did a lot of humanitarian work (UNICEF I think).

Wow I didn't know about the fight on an airplane.

I just knew her and Brad Pitt are divorcing. I know they have some kids together too.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-10-2016, 01:21 PM
I probably pay more attention to actors (not really celebrities) more than the average person because my husband does a lot of local theatre and when we lived down in LA he used to come in contact with them. He did a play with Robert Downey Jr. called The Inspector General. Downey was going through lots of personal problems with drugs at the time and had to have an understudy ready at all times. But he was serious about his work and a pretty decent stage actor, though untrained. He had trouble projecting his voice.

It was funny living in LA. Most of the people I knew were tech people like lighting and set designers, costume designers and continuity people who had interesting stories to tell about celebrities. I heard stories from a lighting guy who worked on several Michael Jackson music videos. He was a pretty much a pediphile.......not the lighting guy.....Michael Jackon. Later I was at a party and a another set/crew person told me similar Michael Jackson stories.

Anyway, I actually love to read about actors and their craft, not so much celebrities, but actual talented actors that bring their talent from treading the boards to the movies. They're really fun people. I love actors.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.