Celebrity run-ins.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2012, 01:43 AM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 01:47 AM by LadyJane.)
Celebrity run-ins.
Inspired by this thread , I thought it'd be fun to hear some run-ins.

I've run into Bif Naked at a gas station near the US/Canadian border on the west coast. Nothing major to report, barely remember it, was maybe 10 years ago.

I saw Ani Difranco backstage at a folk concert. She was pretty pissed off and rudely said 'no' at someone who asked for her autograph, lol. People were all pissy about it, but they need to listen to her songs and know who she is. Half of them are kinda angry, ha ha.

Then my favourite celeb story. When I was a little girl our neighbours across the street were asked to have their house used in a film Farrah Fawcett was going to be in. I forget the film, I should check it out to see what the house is like (It wasn't appropriate for kids to see, so I never saw it then- the movie was about a woman who was being abused by her husband, or something. Ring a bell to anyone?). Anyway. For a couple days (the house scene wasn't major in the film, I think it was supposed to be her parents house or something) we watched the film. News vans were there and a whole pile of people were on our front lawn. In the end only my family and a couple neighbours were allowed on our lawn because the director was getting upset with all the background noise, ha ha.

A couple house's down on the other half of the block from my neighbours is a park. The whole crew was their eating spaghetti at tables set up. Farrah was sitting at a table and was laughing and talking with other people. A group of us kids weren't allowed at the playground that day so we sat on the other side of the chain link fence to watch . Farrah saw us and called us over to sit with her. I remember thinking she was so gorgeous and nice. She asked us if we liked watching all the camera's. Some other conversation happened with my friends but I don't remember, I was so shy to even be there. She got up to leave to do something and never came back to the table. We were called home and my mom was so excited that we were there.

That's it. Oh! This summer I ran into Pa from Pawn Stars in Vegas, just outside the shop. We said hi, he said hi back. The end.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
22-04-2012, 06:05 AM
RE: Celebrity run-ins.
(22-04-2012 01:43 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Inspired by this thread , I thought it'd be fun to hear some run-ins.

I've run into Bif Naked at a gas station near the US/Canadian border on the west coast. Nothing major to report, barely remember it, was maybe 10 years ago.

I saw Ani Difranco backstage at a folk concert. She was pretty pissed off and rudely said 'no' at someone who asked for her autograph, lol. People were all pissy about it, but they need to listen to her songs and know who she is. Half of them are kinda angry, ha ha.

Then my favourite celeb story. When I was a little girl our neighbours across the street were asked to have their house used in a film Farrah Fawcett was going to be in. I forget the film, I should check it out to see what the house is like (It wasn't appropriate for kids to see, so I never saw it then- the movie was about a woman who was being abused by her husband, or something. Ring a bell to anyone?). Anyway. For a couple days (the house scene wasn't major in the film, I think it was supposed to be her parents house or something) we watched the film. News vans were there and a whole pile of people were on our front lawn. In the end only my family and a couple neighbours were allowed on our lawn because the director was getting upset with all the background noise, ha ha.

A couple house's down on the other half of the block from my neighbours is a park. The whole crew was their eating spaghetti at tables set up. Farrah was sitting at a table and was laughing and talking with other people. A group of us kids weren't allowed at the playground that day so we sat on the other side of the chain link fence to watch . Farrah saw us and called us over to sit with her. I remember thinking she was so gorgeous and nice. She asked us if we liked watching all the camera's. Some other conversation happened with my friends but I don't remember, I was so shy to even be there. She got up to leave to do something and never came back to the table. We were called home and my mom was so excited that we were there.

That's it. Oh! This summer I ran into Pa from Pawn Stars in Vegas, just outside the shop. We said hi, he said hi back. The end.
"The Burning Bed" 1984, made for TV.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2012, 10:07 AM
(22-04-2012 06:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2012 01:43 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Inspired by this thread , I thought it'd be fun to hear some run-ins.

"The Burning Bed" 1984, made for TV.
Chas, I'm just a young-un. I'd have been two! Smile I researched a bit after, I think it was a series called Small Sacrifices (1989).
22-04-2012, 10:52 AM
(22-04-2012 10:07 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(22-04-2012 06:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  "The Burning Bed" 1984, made for TV.
Chas, I'm just a young-un. I'd have been two! Smile I researched a bit after, I think it was a series called Small Sacrifices (1989).
Wow, I'm old.

I once saw Mickey Dolenz. the famous drummer for the Monkees at the LA airport. Big Grin

[Image: Online_Slide_Micky_Dolenz_2.jpg]

Oh, and 3 weeks ago I got to speak to Richard Dawkins after a talk he gave. Thumbsup
Which means I apparently also saw Emma Watson:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmjbs_ZOjZWhzmRscsVn3...AcPlJCm3el]
[Image: watsondawkins.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
22-04-2012, 07:11 PM
(22-04-2012 10:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-04-2012 10:07 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Chas, I'm just a young-un. I'd have been two! Smile I researched a bit after, I think it was a series called Small Sacrifices (1989).
Wow, I'm old.

I once saw Mickey Dolenz. the famous drummer for the Monkees at the LA airport. Big Grin

[Image: Online_Slide_Micky_Dolenz_2.jpg]

Oh, and 3 weeks ago I got to speak to Richard Dawkins after a talk he gave. Thumbsup
Which means I apparently also saw Emma Watson:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmjbs_ZOjZWhzmRscsVn3...AcPlJCm3el]
[Image: watsondawkins.jpg]
That's freaky Shocking

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
23-04-2012, 01:46 PM
I met all of the original members of the Allman Brothers band as a newborn. My Dad was a musician and grew up in and around Macon GA. My mom used to tell me how one time Dickie Bets wanted me to share what I was nursing on Tease Of course I remember none of it.

My grandparents use to live next to Claude Akins' brother.
[Image: tumblr_m0hdij9LqH1qe90ht.jpg]

I saw him over there once although I never knew who he was until he started doing those Aamco commercials.

Prolly the most famous person I ever met was Danzig. I forgot everything I wanted to ask him tho... Unsure

I met Greydon Square last year and he was way cool!

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
23-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Had a few beers with Keefer Sutherland once when he was in Winnipeg shooting a movie. He was ata downtown bar, and we both went to sit down at a table that opened up at the same time. I sat, then noticed him and since we both only had one other person I said it was cool if they wanted to join us. We got a few beers in before I knew it was him though. He looked really different, and I don't really get starstruck anyways. (it was loud, so I never really caught his name when he introduced himself) it was actually a really fun night, because very few people recognized him. He kicked my ass at cribbage though. (it was a cool little pub that had a crib board carved right into the table)

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
23-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Keefer must like bars, he hung out at my friends bar a couple years ago one night (I wasn't there). He sounds laid back.

Erx, that picture is messed! I had to concentrate to make sense of it- wow!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
16-08-2012, 03:00 AM
I have never actually met someone famous in person and can't say that I would feel that the experience would be anything special if I did. If I ever met Arnold Schwarzenegger , I would treat him as any other person I meet out there. Now give me a chance to meet and talk to an actual terminator like the ones in the movie and I would gush like Woody did over Bill Murry in Zombieland.
16-08-2012, 03:03 AM
(16-08-2012 03:00 AM)pawprints1985 Wrote:  I have never actually met someone famous in person and can't say that I would feel that the experience would be anything special if I did. If I ever met Arnold Schwarzenegger , I would treat him as any other person I meet out there. Now give me a chance to meet and talk to an actual terminator like the ones in the movie and I would gush like Woody did over Bill Murry in Zombieland.

Oops, posted under my wife's account again.