Celibate with me :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2012, 04:03 PM
RE: Celibate with me :D
(04-11-2012 07:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Done! Woohoo. And I'm not dead Big Grin

WHOOO HOOOOO!! You're a badass! Done something most people can't even fathom attempting. 26.2.. Good Job!!!! What was your time?! How'd you feel? Big crowd?

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post
06-11-2012, 06:32 PM
(04-11-2012 07:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Done! Woohoo. And I'm not dead Big Grin

Way to go stupid canine! What was your time? Did you beat Paul Ryan's? ... I mean his 4:01:25 actual time, not his self-imagined 2:50:something time. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the encouragement everyone Smile

I did it in 3:57:09 so suck it Paul Ryan, whoever you are.

I was quite OK for most of the race. Up until 35 k. Then I started noticing everyone around me was going reeeeally slooooowly ??? And then I conked hard. Ended up walking for like 3 k. Felt like death. But guzzled coke at the next refreshments table and picked up shortly after that. Was super chuffed to make it under 4. Next time I'll train harder Smile

Bumped into a friend whom I hadn't seen for ages while running, that was pretty cool. Last saw him like 4 years ago and several thousand km away.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-11-2012, 08:55 AM
(06-11-2012 11:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  Thanks for the encouragement everyone Smile

I did it in 3:57:09 so suck it Paul Ryan, whoever you are.

I was quite OK for most of the race. Up until 35 k. Then I started noticing everyone around me was going reeeeally slooooowly ??? And then I conked hard. Ended up walking for like 3 k. Felt like death. But guzzled coke at the next refreshments table and picked up shortly after that. Was super chuffed to make it under 4. Next time I'll train harder Smile

Bumped into a friend whom I hadn't seen for ages while running, that was pretty cool. Last saw him like 4 years ago and several thousand km away.

Bowing Bowing
That is a fantastic time!! My full was 4:30 give or take a couple mins - I can't remember the exact time.. but my next goal will be under 4 hrs.. I did a half last year and came in right under 2 so its a pretty reasonable goal - but it will take A LOT of training to get up to that many miles again.. Very impressive MD!

[+] 2 users Like k37713's post
07-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Heh Smile

Thanks. Good luck with the training Smile
08-11-2012, 07:14 PM
I told ya' you could do it. Pfft, next year double marathon! ...well, okay maybe a 50k ;D

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
08-11-2012, 11:27 PM
(08-11-2012 07:14 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I told ya' you could do it. Pfft, next year double marathon! ...well, okay maybe a 50k ;D
I dunno. I never expected to hit the wall so hard. Right now even 43 k seems like the far side of the moon. Mind you, I'm already looking for another 42 k - sucker for punishment Tongue It seems daft in a way. After all, if I need to go 100 k, just get in a car and I'm done in an hour *and* I'm not bitching about it for days afterwards. But I'm preparing for the apocalypse Big Grin
08-11-2012, 11:31 PM
don't hydrate too much it can kill ya.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
03-03-2013, 02:20 AM
MD.. just signed up for a 30k.. April 26th.. It is a trail run in the middle of wtf central TX.. should be some cool terrain and promised wildlife. I needed a new goal.. 18.6 seems ok.. that being said.. I'm contemplating finding a marathon soon after this since my longest run before my last one was 18 miles.. eek.. now that my name is on the roster and the money spent .. no turning back.. ran 9 today.. now to double my distance in a few weeks.. lets do this..

You still running??

03-03-2013, 02:30 AM
(03-03-2013 02:20 AM)k37713 Wrote:  MD.. just signed up for a 30k.. April 26th.. It is a trail run in the middle of wtf central TX.. should be some cool terrain and promised wildlife. I needed a new goal.. 18.6 seems ok.. that being said.. I'm contemplating finding a marathon soon after this since my longest run before my last one was 18 miles.. eek.. now that my name is on the roster and the money spent .. no turning back.. ran 9 today.. now to double my distance in a few weeks.. lets do this..
Wooohoo ! Awesome. Good luck. Hehehe. I half thought 'there's a town called wtf in Texas ???' before I realised...

Quote:You still running??
Yep Smile Gone a little bit nuts actually - total addict now. Did another marathon last weekend (second one)... I did mess myself up a bit though Confused Hoping it's not serious but haven't been able to train much this week, and today's run was a disaster... oh well, just gotta rest I suppose... but problem now is... once you're used to it... not running is *really* fucking hard.