Celibate with me :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2013, 02:42 AM
RE: Celibate with me :D
(03-03-2013 02:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 02:20 AM)k37713 Wrote:  MD.. just signed up for a 30k.. April 26th.. It is a trail run in the middle of wtf central TX.. should be some cool terrain and promised wildlife. I needed a new goal.. 18.6 seems ok.. that being said.. I'm contemplating finding a marathon soon after this since my longest run before my last one was 18 miles.. eek.. now that my name is on the roster and the money spent .. no turning back.. ran 9 today.. now to double my distance in a few weeks.. lets do this..
Wooohoo ! Awesome. Good luck. Hehehe. I half thought 'there's a town called wtf in Texas ???' before I realised...

Quote:You still running??
Yep Smile Gone a little bit nuts actually - total addict now. Did another marathon last weekend (second one)... I did mess myself up a bit though Confused Hoping it's not serious but haven't been able to train much this week, and today's run was a disaster... oh well, just gotta rest I suppose... but problem now is... once you're used to it... not running is *really* fucking hard.
Yes it is quite the addiction.. I usually keep myself up to running a 9-10 miler once a week -- that way I can always do a half with my friends that get the running bug-- or the spartan/tough mudder type runs ( which if you haven't done YOU SHOULD ). its really fun to do races with people who have been working their butts off to get to that day.. my first race ever was my full marathon.. and that was one of the proudest moments in my life.. this 30k is the first race in quite a while that I'm actually going to have to train for.. kinda excited for the challenge but you know by this point.. it is the training that is hard .. not the actual race... EEK.. heres to having a few less drinks the nights before my LSD's

BTW if you did a marathon last weekend.. resting this week is a GREAT idea.. your body will thank you.. and not over doing it will keep you running a lot longer Smile Smile get on a bike or something to get that cardio high ..something low impact

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2013, 02:50 AM
I like the idea of running a marathon, and congrats to those who have done it... But there is no way its a good workout... I run 5k twice a week, and one 10k, and I'm afraid of destroying my knees. As soon as I can take my bike out, no more running for me.
03-03-2013, 02:52 AM
(03-03-2013 02:42 AM)k37713 Wrote:  Yes it is quite the addiction.. I usually keep myself up to running a 9-10 miler once a week -- that way I can always do a half with my friends that get the running bug-- or the spartan/tough mudder type runs ( which if you haven't done YOU SHOULD ). its really fun to do races with people who have been working their butts off to get to that day.. my first race ever was my full marathon.. and that was one of the proudest moments in my life.. this 30k is the first race in quite a while that I'm actually going to have to train for.. kinda excited for the challenge but you know by this point.. it is the training that is hard .. not the actual race... EEK.. heres to having a few less drinks the nights before my LSD's
30k is no joke Big Grin But wow, starting off your racing career with a marathon is pretty unusual Smile I started with a half, didn't have the balls (correctly as it turned out) to go for the jugular Tongue

Quote:BTW if you did a marathon last weekend.. resting this week is a GREAT idea.. your body will thank you.. and not over doing it will keep you running a lot longer Smile Smile get on a bike or something to get that cardio high ..something low impact
Bike's broke. Might have to go swim or something... Undecided
03-03-2013, 03:00 AM
(03-03-2013 02:50 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I like the idea of running a marathon, and congrats to those who have done it... But there is no way its a good workout... I run 5k twice a week, and one 10k, and I'm afraid of destroying my knees. As soon as I can take my bike out, no more running for me.
Running marathons as training is probably something that only elite athletes can do - if that's what you're talking about? But as a race it's pretty fucking cool. And I've met plenty of people who've been running them for 30-40 years and are *still* fucking fast, mostly meet them when they're overtaking Smile
03-03-2013, 03:11 AM
(03-03-2013 02:52 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 02:42 AM)k37713 Wrote:  Yes it is quite the addiction.. I usually keep myself up to running a 9-10 miler once a week -- that way I can always do a half with my friends that get the running bug-- or the spartan/tough mudder type runs ( which if you haven't done YOU SHOULD ). its really fun to do races with people who have been working their butts off to get to that day.. my first race ever was my full marathon.. and that was one of the proudest moments in my life.. this 30k is the first race in quite a while that I'm actually going to have to train for.. kinda excited for the challenge but you know by this point.. it is the training that is hard .. not the actual race... EEK.. heres to having a few less drinks the nights before my LSD's
30k is no joke Big Grin But wow, starting off your racing career with a marathon is pretty unusual Smile I started with a half, didn't have the balls (correctly as it turned out) to go for the jugular Tongue

Quote:BTW if you did a marathon last weekend.. resting this week is a GREAT idea.. your body will thank you.. and not over doing it will keep you running a lot longer Smile Smile get on a bike or something to get that cardio high ..something low impact
Bike's broke. Might have to go swim or something... Undecided
my first goal was to be a weekend lake runner.. here in dallas we have a trail around White Rock lake that is 9.2 around.. so that was my first race/goal.. once that became easy i set out on a run one day in my neighborhood intending to do 7 and ended up doing 13 and felt great the whole time ..coulda kept going but I was shocked .. at that point the only thing that seemed plausible was going for the big one..or trying to get competitive on short ones with speed... since I was fairly young being competitive with others would have been hard .. there are some fast fucknuts out there.. so I went for the competing with myself and getting that distance goal..

Swimming is a greeeat workout and cross trainer.. I can NOT get the breathing down.. I need a coach to tell me why I can't get my head up out of the water.. I'm like donnie the retard when trying to swim laps--. eekk haha

[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post
03-03-2013, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 03:35 AM by k37713.)
(03-03-2013 02:50 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I like the idea of running a marathon, and congrats to those who have done it... But there is no way its a good workout... I run 5k twice a week, and one 10k, and I'm afraid of destroying my knees. As soon as I can take my bike out, no more running for me.
Do you have underlying issues with your knees? It is high impact .. but if you're healthy, running IMO is the absolute best workout there is.. and I do crossfit, cardio kickboxing,yoga,ultimate frisbee..blah blah.. but when I see the absolute best results when I get some good miles in during the week.. but when I do so.. I add a couple of days of interval runs too.. like a fast mile then 20 pushups ..repeat for 3-5 miles.. but no as a workout 26.2 miles isn't a daily or weekly recommendation of mine.. but shit training for it properly and reaching that finish line.. certainly is!

[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post
03-03-2013, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 06:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-03-2013 03:16 AM)k37713 Wrote:  ... running IMO is the absolute best workout there is ...

That's 30 yo Kellie talking. I get my cardio by walking at 3 mph up a 10 degree incline on a treadmill for a half hour or so. No risk of my 200-220 lb 50 yo fatass damaging my knees. And then I go lift big rocks off the ground. Been working with a guy for going on 30 years now, he runs daily, he's a little guy who weighs about 160-170 lbs. and his knees at the ripe old age of 50 yo are now going south. Girly's fatass knees are sound. Running ain't the best workout, Kellie. Think swimming might be. Tongue

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-03-2013, 06:39 PM
(03-03-2013 06:27 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 03:16 AM)k37713 Wrote:  ... running IMO is the absolute best workout there is ...

That's 30 yo Kellie talking. I get my cardio by walking at 3 mph up a 10 degree incline on a treadmill for a half hour or so. No risk of my 200-220 lb fatass damaging my knees. And then I go lift big rocks off the ground. Been working with a guy for going on 30 years now, he runs daily, he's a little guy who weighs about 160-170 lbs. and his knees at the ripe old age of 50 yo are now going south. Girly's fatass knees are sound. Running ain't the best workout, Kellie. Tongue
Yup, after a lifetime of sports the wear and tear of the past bites you in the ass...fat or not Shocking

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption