Cell phone RIP thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Cell phone RIP thread
Couple hours ago I ran over my cell phone with my mower. A totally hilarious tale of mirth and mayhem, let me share! No

So I have my earbuds in and the phone is in my pocket and I'm driving the riding mower up against a bushy lemon tree (very thorny). I've been mowing for about an hour, and have had an odd run of getting stuck and stung by little nuisances so I'm already kind of bug-wary- at one point I had felt something on the back of my neck and had to grab and throw off this big hairy yellow worm, another time something had gotten little stings on my leg and arm at the same time.

Suddenly this big-ass spider is on my lap. I'm not scared of spiders but I'm scared of being scared by spiders and I know some of them can deliver a decent sized sting. And as I flinch and swish my hand at it it scrambles into my phone-held pocket (loose fitting athletic shorts) So I reach into my pants from the inside and fling the pocket outward, phone goes out, earbuds go out, I'm trying to make sure this thing doesn't get me. Check, double check, triple check: Ok, no spider, whew, but I've meanwhile kind of shoved the mower and myself forward into the lemon bush. Calm down. Just reverse out a tad.

BRZZZzzgggrrrttt! I didn't know they catch on fire like that, it's not even a Samsung, but there is what's left of it, a hundred little pieces of smoking foil, metal and plastic. I can't help the odd feeling that somehow it was all my fault, but I must suppress that foolishness, it was the spider, Jerry, it was all the spider, there was nothing you could have done differently.

Anyway- anybody else want to share a phone-demise story? My crystal ball predicts a lot of the word "water."

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
16-09-2017, 02:00 PM
RE: Cell phone RIP thread
Rest in Pieces phone.

Good thing it wasn't a Nokia.

As for my story, I managed to keep an iphone crack free for nearly three years, no case. When I finally fessed up to get a case for it, the first time I dropped it the screen shattered everywhere.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
16-09-2017, 02:03 PM
(16-09-2017 02:00 PM)Loom Wrote:  Rest in Pieces phone.

Good thing it wasn't a Nokia.

As for my story, I managed to keep an iphone crack free for nearly three years, no case. When I finally fessed up to get a case for it, the first time I dropped it the screen shattered everywhere.

Lol great irony there. Would have been more ironic if you had shattered the screen by dropping the case on it.

16-09-2017, 02:05 PM
Somehow I have managed to never break a cell phone or a pair of glasses.

Of course, now by next week I will need to replace both having jinxed myself. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
16-09-2017, 02:06 PM
(16-09-2017 01:56 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Couple hours ago I ran over my cell phone with my mower. A totally hilarious tale of mirth and mayhem, let me share! No

So I have my earbuds in and the phone is in my pocket and I'm driving the riding mower up against a bushy lemon tree (very thorny). I've been mowing for about an hour, and have had an odd run of getting stuck and stung by little nuisances so I'm already kind of bug-wary- at one point I had felt something on the back of my neck and had to grab and throw off this big hairy yellow worm, another time something had gotten little stings on my leg and arm at the same time.

Suddenly this big-ass spider is on my lap. I'm not scared of spiders but I'm scared of being scared by spiders and I know some of them can deliver a decent sized sting. And as I flinch and swish my hand at it it scrambles into my phone-held pocket (loose fitting athletic shorts) So I reach into my pants from the inside and fling the pocket outward, phone goes out, earbuds go out, I'm trying to make sure this thing doesn't get me. Check, double check, triple check: Ok, no spider, whew, but I've meanwhile kind of shoved the mower and myself forward into the lemon bush. Calm down. Just reverse out a tad.

BRZZZzzgggrrrttt! I didn't know they catch on fire like that, it's not even a Samsung, but there is what's left of it, a hundred little pieces of smoking foil, metal and plastic. I can't help the odd feeling that somehow it was all my fault, but I must suppress that foolishness, it was the spider, Jerry, it was all the spider, there was nothing you could have done differently.

Anyway- anybody else want to share a phone-demise story? My crystal ball predicts a lot of the word "water."

Sorry to disappoint, I have a drawer full of antiquated cell phones. I have never lost or destroyed them - but then, I do tend to forget them in my purse, where they mostly live and die.

Sounds like you had quite the day!

[Image: spider_cell.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
16-09-2017, 02:15 PM
My phone fell into a dog bowl filled with water. It survived. That's really it surprisingly as I'm kinda clumsy with it. But your story definitely wins 1st prize! Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
16-09-2017, 02:51 PM
With one exception I've only owned Nokias in the last 17 years, and their death was brought on by battery obsolescence. They get old, and the battery doesn't charge that great, and runs down quickly, so I go to buy new battery only to learn that they don't make the goddamned thing any more.

If Sony, JVC, RCA, etc can standardize on AA/AAA/C/D/9v batteries, why the hell can't phone companies standardize an assortment of batteries going forward?

Makes no fucking sense ... unless you're trying to sell new phones. Assholes.
16-09-2017, 03:17 PM
my wife dropped and ran over a mitsubishi phone with her car in our gravel driveway.
It was cracked but not totally crushed, so I tried to start it up. It would light up, the mitsubishi globe would spin there for a few seconds, then it would play this hilarious old nintendo " game over man" music and die. I giggled like a fool over that one.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
16-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Oh goodness Jerry that was pretty funny.

This didn't happen to me..but it happened to some person in the portapotty next to me while at a fair. There's this guy in a suit, basically running toward the port a potty while talking on the phone. I went into one and I assume from his loud talking he went into vacant one next to me.

So, I'm doing what I do and I hear this guy talking and suddenly I hear, "oh shit." followed by a surprisingly loud plop. The dude is still talking...Very loudly now trying to explain that he dropped the phone into the hunny pot. Now. I'm kinda giggling...

Ok, I'm laughing...

No clue if he reached in and retrieved it, or if he just walked away.

Now, my friend once found an iPod in the belly of fish (it was one of the smaller nano ones, the iPod not the fish).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-09-2017, 03:53 PM
I ran over my Nokia (analog) with my quad.

I had ( and have) service through Net10.

I called and explained, that it was MY fault and had bought a new phone. I just wanted to get my minutes, service time and phone number transferred to the new phone.

They wouldn't hear of it. They had me return the new phone.

They sent me a new phone - free of charge. They gave me extra minutes - free.

They got a loyal customer.

Smart people.

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post