Cell phone RIP thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2017, 05:17 PM
RE: Cell phone RIP thread
(16-09-2017 01:56 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  ... Suddenly this big-ass spider is on my lap. I'm not scared of spiders but I'm scared of being scared by spiders and I know some of them can deliver a decent sized sting. And as I flinch and swish my hand at it it scrambles into my phone-held pocket (loose fitting athletic shorts) So I reach into my pants from the inside and fling the pocket outward, phone goes out, earbuds go out, I'm trying to make sure this thing doesn't get me. Check, double check, triple check: Ok, no spider, whew, but I've meanwhile kind of shoved the mower and myself forward into the lemon bush. Calm down. Just reverse out a tad...

LOL Jerry... I'm still laughing! Thanks for making my day mate.

[Image: Spider-Extermination.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2017, 07:04 PM
(16-09-2017 02:00 PM)Loom Wrote:  Rest in Pieces phone.

Good thing it wasn't a Nokia.

As for my story, I managed to keep an iphone crack free for nearly three years, no case. When I finally fessed up to get a case for it, the first time I dropped it the screen shattered everywhere.
You give crack to your phone?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-09-2017, 08:19 PM
(16-09-2017 07:04 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(16-09-2017 02:00 PM)Loom Wrote:  Rest in Pieces phone.

Good thing it wasn't a Nokia.

As for my story, I managed to keep an iphone crack free for nearly three years, no case. When I finally fessed up to get a case for it, the first time I dropped it the screen shattered everywhere.
You give crack to your phone?

Hyperactivity would probably drain the battery life pretty fast.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
16-09-2017, 09:01 PM
(16-09-2017 05:17 PM)SYZ Wrote:  LOL Jerry... I'm still laughing! Thanks for making my day mate.
[Image: Spider-Extermination.jpg]

Thanks...Yeah just the insanity of life...my first view of the spider is on my crotch, and it literally runs right and not left, and disappears into my right pocket and not my left...and thus is 400 bucks thrown to the wind. (Not to diminish my fault, it was at least 3% my fault. This shit never happens to Peter Parker)

Thanks all for sharing stories, especially your stories of NEVER EVER accidentally ruining a phone...Angry Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
17-09-2017, 06:20 AM
I have pictures of another cellphone death somewhere. I was selling some things on Craigslist and spent $25 on a burn phone for those transactions.
I was operating a 47,000 pound excavator up in Mount Rainier National Park, and I was tracking down the road and it slipped out and got *really* crushed, many pieces. It was definitely a burn phone, LOL!!
17-09-2017, 10:21 AM
I don't think it gets more stupid than what I did to my phone.

I was holding it under my armpit to quickly visit the bathroom before going to sleep and of course I had forgotten about it by the time I got up. I never thought I'd ever put my hand in a toilet full of urine SO willingly and SO fast.

I tried to get it fixed, waited for about a week, the guy told me he had fixed it but by the time I got home I realized the touch screen wasn't working properly and I had to get a new phone. A few days later it got stolen (by some apparently very unfortunate asshole).

How I managed to only destroy the best (and most expensive) phone I ever owned is beyond me.

Sorry for the graphic nature of this post.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
18-09-2017, 02:50 PM
(17-09-2017 10:21 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I don't think it gets more stupid than what I did to my phone.
If it's any consolation, I had my phone in a repair shop a couple of weeks ago and there was a poster with some stats on the wall. One stat was "nearly 1 in 5 people drop their cell phone in a toilet". So you're not alone. Smile

As for my phone, it appeared to be a battery issue, but turned out to be the central processing chip. So I had to replace it. Sad

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
18-09-2017, 03:07 PM
(18-09-2017 02:50 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(17-09-2017 10:21 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I don't think it gets more stupid than what I did to my phone.
If it's any consolation, I had my phone in a repair shop a couple of weeks ago and there was a poster with some stats on the wall. One stat was "nearly 1 in 5 people drop their cell phone in a toilet". So you're not alone. Smile

As for my phone, it appeared to be a battery issue, but turned out to be the central processing chip. So I had to replace it. Sad

I never had a cell phone until about 12 years ago, and I have only ever had two. Here's what happened to the first one: I carry my phone in my pants pocket, and I commute by bicycle year-round, including winter when the roads can be snow-covered or ice-covered. So losing traction and wiping out has happened more than a handful of times. Sometimes I land on the side where my phone is. It survived several of these crashes and kept on ticking, but it got harder and harder to read the screen, and eventually it became impossible (but the phone still worked). So that's when I got the one I have now. I haven't yet crashed with this one in my pocket.