Censoring White Supremacy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2017, 07:08 AM
Censoring White Supremacy
Should internet companies such as Google or PayPal do what they can to restrict groups such as the KKK from access to the Internet??

Are we ready for such censorship???

Before you decide that some groups or individuals ideas are so reprehensible that they should be stifled, consider -

In some countries, the idea of denying the existence of God is one of the most reprehensible ideas there is. Those folks would feel that atheism is a scourge that we need to address.........

Censorship still seem like a great idea???

And forget about half measures. Tools such as censorship just beg to be used, none are immune to their charms....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
23-08-2017, 08:26 AM
RE: Censoring White Supremacy
(23-08-2017 07:08 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Should internet companies such as Google or PayPal do what they can to restrict groups such as the KKK from access to the Internet??

Before you decide that some groups or individuals ideas are so reprehensible that they should be stifled, consider -

In some countries, the idea of denying the existence of God is one of the most reprehensible ideas there is. Those folks would feel that atheism is a scourge that we need to address.........

And forget about half measures. Tools such as censorship just beg to be used, none are immune to their charms....

All posts that use more than one question mark or exclamation mark at a time should be expunged.

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 9 users Like Norm Deplume's post
23-08-2017, 08:56 AM
I don't want to censor them, I want to invite them to a barn dance.

[Image: ec1e18d251b66532b7b43234e723.jpg]

(And please, don't bother asking me if I'm serious. I am.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Incitement to violence is not protected speech ASSHOLE!

Nobody gets to equate fighting groups who go against political pluralism and racial pluralism as being "censors" or as being "the same".

And the other fucking point his crybaby supporters are not getting is the totality of his behavior over the past 5 years.

45 isn't just "offending". He is now in a seat of power setting the political tone. When you are in that seat of power YOU DONT use repeated vilification and carpet bombing anyone who disagrees with you. That is the playbook of a despot, not a western leader.

But if you want a liberal who is not politically correct, you got one in me.

FUCK YOU! FUCK THE KKK AND FUCK NAZIS.....

Those groups are against both racial pluralism and political pluralism. If you think fighting those groups makes us intolerant DAMNED FUCKING RIGHT. I am not going to tolerate those who would attack and destroy our western values of pluralism.

We had slavery, it was NEVER GOOD, not back then, and not now. We had Jim Crow. We had McCarthyism. And we already fought a war against racist fascist Nazi Germany.

"They are trying to destroy our culture" DAMNED FUCKING RIGHT!

Slavery was wrong and the WW2 Nazis were wrong. If you think that a politician should pander to those fucks, or even think it is ok for a president to falsely equate those fighting them as being the same, you are delusional and party to coddling the dark side of our species.

45 isn't merely "offending". The KKK and Neo Nazis, are not merely expressing "free speech". They are all attacking the very institutions that are there to protect political and racial pluralism.

So no, I will not tolerate your intolerance. This is about out political climate, and a sick vile man who is setting the tone and doesn't care whom the fuck he hurts.

45 is exactly what 50 REPUBLICAN LAW AGENTS warned us about. And what is just as sick, is that fucker cant even leave a war hero battling cancer alone.

No, I will not apologize for saying FUCK TRUMP, FUCK THE KKK AND FUCK NAZIS.

This is not 45's personal episode of Jerry Springer or WWE Smackdown. The tone he has set over the past 5 years is dangerous and toxic. If you support that then FUCK YOU TOO.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
23-08-2017, 09:26 AM
The only "censoring" I see happening is the removal of statues that should have been removed long ago. I see no government agencies imprisoning or silencing anyone with any set of views. What I do see is a president who has given indirect and direct support to these groups and has helped embolden them. Last Tuesday, Trump even helped salvage the message from the White Nationalists at the Charlottesville rally.

I won't be tolerant of intolerance.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 9 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
23-08-2017, 09:35 AM
These groups regularly incite violence. Oppression is their goal. If there's one thing that tolerant people must rebuke, it's the intolerant. The goal of these groups is to create a society of intolerance, and by allowing them full service to spread their platform of intolerance, you become complicit and you allow intolerance to take hold over tolerance.

With that said, none of their first amendment rights ought to be suppressed so long as they are not making credible threats or inciting violence at any given event. But private companies should never be required to service them when their behavior goes against the terms of service. When they act outside of the terms of service, private companies are fully justified in refusing service.

The government ought not be involved so long as no laws are being broken. But they do inevitably break laws. And they do incite violence. And they prepare for violence at rallies and protest events. And they do use small perceived aggression as an excuse to become violent.
[+] 7 users Like Emma's post
23-08-2017, 09:49 AM
(23-08-2017 07:08 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Should internet companies such as Google or PayPal do what they can to restrict groups such as the KKK from access to the Internet??

Google and Paypal are individual companies, and they do not control access to the internet or internet commerce. There are plenty of ways to get on the internet other than through Google/Chrome/Chromebook/etc. and there are more ways to pay for things on the internet than Paypal. These companies (and others, like Facebook and Twitter) are making business decisions based on, among other things, their potential liability if their sites are used to incite violence or pay for goods/services that may be illegal. That's why these companies have Terms of Service agreements with customers and can terminate service to any individual or group for violations.

The hate groups still have freedom of speech, but "Freedom of Speech" applies to laws and regulations made by government agencies, not private companies.
[+] 15 users Like Rockblossom's post
23-08-2017, 09:50 AM

First Google and PayPal would have to actually *know* who is a potentional... "distruptive influence" on society.

The only place where said corporations could get that information is from the government, or if they like to spy on their own users (which they do, considering Facebook is selling *your* search data right now to advertisers).

Giant corporations who are not democratically elected trying to enforce censorship laws? People... you have a lot more to worry about than just the opinons of some baldheaded illiterate edgelords in the southern US. I mean, I'm just sayin', who knows what else they'll use that information for...

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
23-08-2017, 09:59 AM
(23-08-2017 09:50 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  

First Google and PayPal would have to actually *know* who is a potentional... "distruptive influence" on society.

The only place where said corporations could get that information is from the government, or if they like to spy on their own users (which they do, considering Facebook is selling *your* search data right now to advertisers).

Giant corporations who are not democratically elected trying to enforce censorship laws? People... you have a lot more to worry about than just the opinons of some baldheaded illiterate edgelords in the southern US. I mean, I'm just sayin', who knows what else they'll use that information for...

They don't need the government to know that these groups are hate groups or that they are breaking their own terms of service. And yes, they can and should monitor activity that's been reported to them as potential threats by other users.

Additionally, the SPLC tracks hate groups. They are a private organization. The government has probably only a minor role in this, if any at all. And if they do, it's allowing data to be public- such as arrests, charges, trials, etc. All of that is public and data that can be collected and aggregated.

The US as a lot of issues, but that doesn't mean we should ignore any one of them. We, as a country with private citizens and organizations, have the resources and ability to work to address these issues and many others at the same time.
[+] 4 users Like Emma's post
23-08-2017, 10:02 AM
(23-08-2017 09:19 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Incitement to violence is not protected speech ASSHOLE!

Nobody gets to equate fighting groups who go against political pluralism and racial pluralism as being "censors" or as being "the same".

And the other fucking point his crybaby supporters are not getting is the totality of his behavior over the past 5 years.

45 isn't just "offending". He is now in a seat of power setting the political tone. When you are in that seat of power YOU DONT use repeated vilification and carpet bombing anyone who disagrees with you. That is the playbook of a despot, not a western leader.

But if you want a liberal who is not politically correct, you got one in me.

FUCK YOU! FUCK THE KKK AND FUCK NAZIS.....

Those groups are against both racial pluralism and political pluralism. If you think fighting those groups makes us intolerant DAMNED FUCKING RIGHT. I am not going to tolerate those who would attack and destroy our western values of pluralism.

We had slavery, it was NEVER GOOD, not back then, and not now. We had Jim Crow. We had McCarthyism. And we already fought a war against racist fascist Nazi Germany.

"They are trying to destroy our culture" DAMNED FUCKING RIGHT!

Slavery was wrong and the WW2 Nazis were wrong. If you think that a politician should pander to those fucks, or even think it is ok for a president to falsely equate those fighting them as being the same, you are delusional and party to coddling the dark side of our species.

45 isn't merely "offending". The KKK and Neo Nazis, are not merely expressing "free speech". They are all attacking the very institutions that are there to protect political and racial pluralism.

So no, I will not tolerate your intolerance. This is about out political climate, and a sick vile man who is setting the tone and doesn't care whom the fuck he hurts.

45 is exactly what 50 REPUBLICAN LAW AGENTS warned us about. And what is just as sick, is that fucker cant even leave a war hero battling cancer alone.

No, I will not apologize for saying FUCK TRUMP, FUCK THE KKK AND FUCK NAZIS.

This is not 45's personal episode of Jerry Springer or WWE Smackdown. The tone he has set over the past 5 years is dangerous and toxic. If you support that then FUCK YOU TOO.

Dude...

They need to study you....

Anyone who can survive with the kind of blood pressure you must have could be the answer to stroke and heart attack victims everywhere...

Laughat

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 9 users Like onlinebiker's post