Censoring White Supremacy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2017, 10:03 AM
RE: Censoring White Supremacy
(23-08-2017 09:26 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The only "censoring" I see happening is the removal of statues that should have been removed long ago. I see no government agencies imprisoning or silencing anyone with any set of views. What I do see is a president who has given indirect and direct support to these groups and has helped embolden them. Last Tuesday, Trump even helped salvage the message from the White Nationalists at the Charlottesville rally.

I won't be tolerant of intolerance.

Don't use the word "censor" because that is what those assholes want to justify falsely playing victim.

I agree with what you say. But moving a statue to a different location and putting in the context of, "This is what we should NOT do to our fellow human beings" is not erasing history, but taking the vile varnish off the hero worship of those who fought to keep slavery.

Just like it is not censorship to go to the Black History Museum and see relics of slavery. Just like it is not censorship to go to the Holocaust Museum and see what the vile horrible Nazis did to 6 million Jews.

I find it very sick and dangerous that 45 has once again doubled down on his dog whistle bullshit by trying to call slavery a "culture". If merely calling something a "culture" made it right, then ISIS is right. If merely calling something a "culture" made it right, then Germany today should have statues of Rommel and Goebbles and Hitler still standing.

North Korea is a monochromatic society, both racially and politically. They too have statues to their "war heros" and political leaders. But, if you live under them, but hate what they do, you are FUCKED.

There is absolutely no good excuse for 45 to REPEATEDLY attack those who stand up to groups, whom if could gain absolute power, would destroy our western values.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
23-08-2017, 10:04 AM
(23-08-2017 09:19 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Incitement to violence is not protected speech ASSHOLE!

Nobody gets to equate fighting groups who go against political pluralism and racial pluralism as being "censors" or as being "the same".

And the other fucking point his crybaby supporters are not getting is the totality of his behavior over the past 5 years.

45 isn't just "offending". He is now in a seat of power setting the political tone. When you are in that seat of power YOU DONT use repeated vilification and carpet bombing anyone who disagrees with you. That is the playbook of a despot, not a western leader.

But if you want a liberal who is not politically correct, you got one in me.

FUCK YOU! FUCK THE KKK AND FUCK NAZIS.....

Those groups are against both racial pluralism and political pluralism. If you think fighting those groups makes us intolerant DAMNED FUCKING RIGHT. I am not going to tolerate those who would attack and destroy our western values of pluralism.

We had slavery, it was NEVER GOOD, not back then, and not now. We had Jim Crow. We had McCarthyism. And we already fought a war against racist fascist Nazi Germany.

"They are trying to destroy our culture" DAMNED FUCKING RIGHT!

Slavery was wrong and the WW2 Nazis were wrong. If you think that a politician should pander to those fucks, or even think it is ok for a president to falsely equate those fighting them as being the same, you are delusional and party to coddling the dark side of our species.

45 isn't merely "offending". The KKK and Neo Nazis, are not merely expressing "free speech". They are all attacking the very institutions that are there to protect political and racial pluralism.

So no, I will not tolerate your intolerance. This is about out political climate, and a sick vile man who is setting the tone and doesn't care whom the fuck he hurts.

45 is exactly what 50 REPUBLICAN LAW AGENTS warned us about. And what is just as sick, is that fucker cant even leave a war hero battling cancer alone.

No, I will not apologize for saying FUCK TRUMP, FUCK THE KKK AND FUCK NAZIS.

This is not 45's personal episode of Jerry Springer or WWE Smackdown. The tone he has set over the past 5 years is dangerous and toxic. If you support that then FUCK YOU TOO.

Dude. Calm down, drink some tea: you're not getting virtue points for using as many ALL CAPS and fucking swears as possible.

Nobody's saying it's alright to incite violence except the people who want to incite violence. OP's intent was not to do that, obviously. This is about normal speech. At no point did onlinebiker even mention Trump, but suddenly you go off on a mad tirade about the president, completely ignoring the question Biker was asking.

If someone is a White Supremacist, and not inciting violence, should his opinions be censored by companies like Google? I'm pretty sure that's what he was asking.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like TSG's post
23-08-2017, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2017 10:16 AM by outtathereligioncloset.)
Censorship is a slippery slope. Who gets to decide what's allowed and what's not? There are people offended by sales of things like vibrators online. And books like Fifty Shades of Gray. Do they get to put a stop to those sales? Using that as a measure, do they get to shut down this site because they find it offensive? Because we sometimes mock and yes, even slam their god and Jesus?

I remember an episode of the TV show WKRP in Cincinnati where the radio station caved and agreed to not use a list of words considered profanity on the air. Having given that inch, the group going after censorship then came back to them with songs they demanded they stop playing as well. None of which contained any of the swear words. The Beatles "Imagine" was at the top of the list. So having censored words, they now wanted to censor ideas.

"Imagine there's no heaven. It's easy if you try. No hell below us. Above us only sky."

This of course was a fictional radio station on a fictional sitcom. But bowing to censorship is opening the door to having our freedoms disappear.

The radio station told them to go to hell. Maybe not in those exact words but still. The thing about freedom of speech whether it's on TV or the internet or wherever, is that you don't have to listen. We know how to change the channel. And in person, you are not a tree, you can move away from it. We can choose not to watch religious shows. We can choose not to watch channels that support hate. We can tell their sponsors we won't buy their products because we are disgusted with the shows on which they advertise.

Censoring free speech? No. Not beyond the fact that you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater. Incite a riot? The police should obviously step in.

Does pretty much every word Trump says fill me with disgust? Yes. But I know how to turn the channel. Not censoring is not the same thing as supporting. Not by a long shot.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
23-08-2017, 10:11 AM
(23-08-2017 10:04 AM)TSG Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 09:19 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Incitement to violence is not protected speech ASSHOLE!

Nobody gets to equate fighting groups who go against political pluralism and racial pluralism as being "censors" or as being "the same".

And the other fucking point his crybaby supporters are not getting is the totality of his behavior over the past 5 years.

45 isn't just "offending". He is now in a seat of power setting the political tone. When you are in that seat of power YOU DONT use repeated vilification and carpet bombing anyone who disagrees with you. That is the playbook of a despot, not a western leader.

But if you want a liberal who is not politically correct, you got one in me.

FUCK YOU! FUCK THE KKK AND FUCK NAZIS.....

Those groups are against both racial pluralism and political pluralism. If you think fighting those groups makes us intolerant DAMNED FUCKING RIGHT. I am not going to tolerate those who would attack and destroy our western values of pluralism.

We had slavery, it was NEVER GOOD, not back then, and not now. We had Jim Crow. We had McCarthyism. And we already fought a war against racist fascist Nazi Germany.

"They are trying to destroy our culture" DAMNED FUCKING RIGHT!

Slavery was wrong and the WW2 Nazis were wrong. If you think that a politician should pander to those fucks, or even think it is ok for a president to falsely equate those fighting them as being the same, you are delusional and party to coddling the dark side of our species.

45 isn't merely "offending". The KKK and Neo Nazis, are not merely expressing "free speech". They are all attacking the very institutions that are there to protect political and racial pluralism.

So no, I will not tolerate your intolerance. This is about out political climate, and a sick vile man who is setting the tone and doesn't care whom the fuck he hurts.

45 is exactly what 50 REPUBLICAN LAW AGENTS warned us about. And what is just as sick, is that fucker cant even leave a war hero battling cancer alone.

No, I will not apologize for saying FUCK TRUMP, FUCK THE KKK AND FUCK NAZIS.

This is not 45's personal episode of Jerry Springer or WWE Smackdown. The tone he has set over the past 5 years is dangerous and toxic. If you support that then FUCK YOU TOO.

Dude. Calm down, drink some tea: you're not getting virtue points for using as many ALL CAPS and fucking swears as possible.

Nobody's saying it's alright to incite violence except the people who want to incite violence. OP's intent was not to do that, obviously. This is about normal speech. At no point did onlinebiker even mention Trump, but suddenly you go off on a mad tirade about the president, completely ignoring the question Biker was asking.

If someone is a White Supremacist, and not inciting violence, should his opinions be censored by companies like Google? I'm pretty sure that's what he was asking.

NO, I will not calm down. How dare you equate my words and what I rightfully condemn in the strongest possible terms as needlessly getting upset. You have no good reason to chastise me for being angry at the right people.

We are not at a point in our political climate where you can simply ignore these assholes. 45 created this dangerous climate 5 years ago with perpetuating "fear the black guy" birther bullshit.

You give me one good reason why I should play nice with my words. If you know slavery was wrong, and you accept the KKK and Neo Nazis are wrong, then you have no good logic as to why I should not condemn them in the strongest words possible.

NO, I will not play nice with my words with those who give a voice to those who seek to destroy our western pluralism. I am not sorry so do not expect me to be.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-08-2017, 10:13 AM
I can easily imagine a society in which President Pence would try hard to find a way to declare this site to be "hate speech" and all of us here a danger to his (Christian) society.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 3 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
23-08-2017, 10:14 AM
Google and PayPal can do whatever they want to restrict that to anyone using their sites, they are private companies.
[+] 6 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
23-08-2017, 10:18 AM
(23-08-2017 10:11 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 10:04 AM)TSG Wrote:  Dude. Calm down, drink some tea: you're not getting virtue points for using as many ALL CAPS and fucking swears as possible.

NO, I will not calm down. How dare you equate my words and what I rightfully condemn in the strongest possible terms as needlessly getting upset. You have no good reason to chastise me for being angry at the right people.

We are not at a point in our political climate where you can simply ignore these assholes. 45 created this dangerous climate 5 years ago with perpetuating "fear the black guy" birther bullshit.

You give me one good reason why I should play nice with my words. If you know slavery was wrong, and you accept the KKK and Neo Nazis are wrong, then you have no good logic as to why I should not condemn them in the strongest words possible.

NO, I will not play nice with my words with those who give a voice to those who seek to destroy our western pluralism. I am not sorry so do not expect me to be.

The question is not ( in this thread) of if you like, love, cuddle, fondle or simply endorse the KKk or any other white supremacy group.

The question is - should their message or ideology be suppressed?

If so- how do you do that without endangering the free speech of everyone else?

Feel free to rant.

Don't forget to blame the NRA.
Popcorn

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
23-08-2017, 10:19 AM
(23-08-2017 10:13 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I can easily imagine a society in which President Pence would try hard to find a way to declare this site to be "hate speech" and all of us here a danger to his (Christian) society.
Thus highlighting why it's important we not sit idly by as the theocrats attempt to turn our secular democracy into a Christian theocracy.

The government of the US hasn't censored anyone in this ordeal. No person has been censored. People have been told to go practice their free speech elsewhere and monuments and statues have been removed, but neither of these qualify as people being censored in any illegal or unethical way

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
23-08-2017, 10:20 AM
(23-08-2017 10:14 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Google and PayPal can do whatever they want to restrict that to anyone using their sites, they are private companies.

It can be argued that as these companies exist to serve the public's greater good, that they should be regulated for fairness, like TV stations - which are also private companies.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
23-08-2017, 10:23 AM
(23-08-2017 10:11 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  NO, I will not calm down. How dare you equate my words and what I rightfully condemn in the strongest possible terms as needlessly getting upset. You have no good reason to chastise me for being angry at the right people.
How dare I? I just explained that you completely ignored Biker's post so you could go on an irrelevant vitriolic attack against Trump. There are threads for that.

Quote:We are not at a point in our political climate where you can simply ignore these assholes. 45 created this dangerous climate 5 years ago with perpetuating "fear the black guy" birther bullshit.
Here it is again. Enough with the '45' nonsense. Would you care to actually discuss whether companies like Google should censor White Supremacist websites? Or would you rather continue on assuring everyone that you hate Trump so that they know you hate Trump because you hate Trump?

Quote:You give me one good reason why I should play nice with my words. If you know slavery was wrong, and you accept the KKK and Neo Nazis are wrong, then you have no good logic as to why I should not condemn them in the strongest words possible.
Condemn them all you want. With words. The second you try to implement laws about thought crimes, you open up an opportunity for the same thing to happen to you the second you have an opinion that the political climate of the day deems 'inappropriate.' I'm not saying you shouldn't condemn the KKK and neo-Nazis (who in their right mind would?), my complaint is that you missed the point of the thread to make points about Trump.

Quote:NO, I will not play nice with my words with those who give a voice to those who seek to destroy our western pluralism. I am not sorry so do not expect me to be.
I don't expect you to be. But I should hope that the only weapon you use are actually words.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 4 users Like TSG's post