Censoring White Supremacy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2017, 02:00 PM
RE: Censoring White Supremacy
(23-08-2017 01:46 PM)Propwash Wrote:  Denying free speech to people might draw accusations of being 'nazi' or 'fascist' or 'unconstitutional'..Wink

Guess what, there is no free speech with private companies. They can make their own policies of what they do and don't support. Of whom they do and don't take as customers.

That's the free market, sunshine, not the government upholding the constitution.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like abaris's post
23-08-2017, 02:08 PM
Websites that fund projects or harbor ideas generally have clauses where the content can be judged. They don't really offer some absolute freedom but there's always gonna be other Web sources.

Like that recent story was a white supremesist group using a Russian source for its hosting after being taken down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-08-2017, 02:08 PM
(23-08-2017 01:31 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 07:08 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Should internet companies such as Google or PayPal do what they can to restrict groups such as the KKK from access to the Internet??

I thought your guys were big on private business and it's rights. They are perfectly in their rights to decide what fits their image and what doesn't. The only ones they have to take it up with are their customers.

" my guys"????

Exactly which pigeonhole are you attempting to force me???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
23-08-2017, 02:11 PM
(23-08-2017 02:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 01:31 PM)abaris Wrote:  I thought your guys were big on private business and it's rights. They are perfectly in their rights to decide what fits their image and what doesn't. The only ones they have to take it up with are their customers.

" my guys"????

Silly Onlinebiker. Didn't you know that only far-right caricatures support freedom of expression? Rolleyes

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes TSG's post
23-08-2017, 02:13 PM
(23-08-2017 12:20 PM)adey67 Wrote:  So let me get this straight, the Intolerant must be tolerant of the tolerant but the tolerant must be intolerant to the intolerant in order for there to be tolerance as long as the tolerant are in charge and not emotionally triggered by having anyone disagree with their intolerance? Rolleyes

This is the Paradox of Tolerance. I've talked about it here before, so if you've read this before- please forgive me.

Quote:Discussions[edit]
Philosopher Karl Popper defined the paradox in 1945 in The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1.[1]

Less well known is the paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.

He concluded that we are warranted in refusing to tolerate intolerance: "We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant."

In other words- tolerance must have its limits if tolerance is to exist at all. And that limit must necessarily be the intolerant who wish to destroy the tolerance of others.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
23-08-2017, 02:14 PM
(23-08-2017 01:58 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 01:46 PM)Propwash Wrote:  Denying free speech to people might draw accusations of being 'nazi' or 'fascist' or 'unconstitutional'..Wink

[Image: washington-free-speech_zpsx9nlrpjs.jpg~original]
It's gov that can try to deny free speech. Corporations merely chose their clientele and if they don't want neonazis to use their platorms I can only applaud such decision.

Our 1st Amendment to the US Constitution -
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

So - no.

Government can't. ( or shouldn't)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
23-08-2017, 02:15 PM
(23-08-2017 02:11 PM)TSG Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 02:08 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  " my guys"????

Silly Onlinebiker. Didn't you know that only far-right caricatures support freedom of expression? Rolleyes

And somehow, " your guys" isn't offensively stereotypical.

Go figure.Dodgy

23-08-2017, 02:18 PM
(23-08-2017 02:14 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 01:58 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  It's gov that can try to deny free speech. Corporations merely chose their clientele and if they don't want neonazis to use their platorms I can only applaud such decision.

Our 1st Amendment to the US Constitution -
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

So - no.

I meant that free speech is about being protected from gov actions not corporations ones.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-08-2017, 02:18 PM
(23-08-2017 02:00 PM)abaris Wrote:  

Guess what, there is no free speech with private companies. They can make their own policies of what they do and don't support. Of whom they do and don't take as customers.

That's the free market, sunshine, not the government upholding the constitution.

So you are in favor of businesses denying people services, housing, or medical care based on the customers religion, sex, age or sexual orientation????

If you want free - that's free....

23-08-2017, 02:20 PM
(23-08-2017 02:18 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 02:14 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Our 1st Amendment to the US Constitution -
Amendment I

So - no.

I meant that free speech is about being protected from gov actions not corporations ones.

Must be lost in translation, because that's 180 degrees apart...