Challenge any theist to a debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2014, 01:15 AM
Challenge any theist to a debate
Since all theists are running scared I decided to make a challenge.
I challenge any theist to a debate on topic why you believe a god exists and others should believe it to.
A theist is the one who believes a god exist.
First you will tell me what you know about the god you believe in and why you believe he exists.
Then we will debate if belief in your god is justified or not.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2014, 01:21 AM
RE: Challenge any theist to a debate
You are either going to get trolls or one of the few good theists (basically just KC or Kestrel at this point); both will be a waste of time. Trolls will be....well, trolls. Trolls are wastes of time to debate with if your intention is to actually convince them to your side; they're just there to fuck with you. On the other hand, KC and Kestrel will admit that their belief is not based on reason, therefore leaving nothing left to debate about.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
12-03-2014, 01:25 AM
KC and Kestrel won't debate me either. Kestrel doesn't discuss bible with atheists while KC will simply say that his personal experience > everything I will ever have to say.
As for trolls they are not waste of time unlike Kestrel and KC because other people will see the debate. I don't care if they try to convince me to their side or not as long as there is some argumentation involved.
12-03-2014, 01:27 AM
I would try (since I'm probably still an agnostic theist), but for a few things...

1. I admit to being too scared to
2. I would need to re-evaluate the sources I have used up till now, as certain figures now seem to be questionable and so I cannot reasonably use them without going through their strawmen with a fine tooth comb.
3. I am still not even sure what I think, so I would be floundering around most of the time.

I would for the fun of it, but like in a chess game, I would be smashed at this point. I'm not qualified for a debate with anyone right now.
12-03-2014, 01:28 AM
You believe in God?
12-03-2014, 01:33 AM
Here.... I'm going to open up a thread in the melee section, but try to go easy on me? It's mostly for a Q&A and I likely will not have evidence for what I say, but I will listen to what you guys present.
12-03-2014, 01:34 AM
No.
If you are ready I can open up thread in boxing ring. You will tell me about your god and why you believe in him and we will discuss your reasons for believing in that god.
12-03-2014, 01:36 AM
No, she can do what she wants.

If she isn't comfortable, she isn't comfortable. She's already admitted that she is struggling with her own views and isn't comfortable debating in the standard format.

I'm a bit surprised too, I didn't know you still consider yourself a theist, Charis.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
12-03-2014, 01:37 AM
She can do what she wants but it's not my format.
12-03-2014, 01:38 AM
I really don't know what I consider myself, to be quite honest. There's a lot of fear involved, I can say that much.