Challenge any theist to a debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2014, 02:49 AM
RE: Challenge any theist to a debate
(12-03-2014 01:39 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Why the fear? It's just a discussion. It's not like I'm gonna rape you if you turn out to be wrong.

Rape? Wut?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Lion IRC's post
12-03-2014, 02:50 AM
Sup lion. Lets debate or you still scared?
12-03-2014, 02:58 AM
(12-03-2014 02:49 AM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 01:39 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Why the fear? It's just a discussion. It's not like I'm gonna rape you if you turn out to be wrong.

Rape? Wut?

dnw is referring to a certain tasteless set of PMs. *hits dnw with a frying pan* asshat. lol
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
12-03-2014, 03:12 AM
All right if any theist will have a courage to show up please do I'm waiting.
12-03-2014, 03:28 AM
I'm game.

Since my recent conversion by the words of Mistress Minger, I now know that god is lurve and I want to test my new faith.

Yes true story.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
12-03-2014, 03:31 AM
(12-03-2014 03:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm game.

Since my recent conversion by the words of Mistress Minger, I now know that god is lurve and I want to test my new faith.

Yes true story.
*gets popcorn*
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
12-03-2014, 05:02 AM
(12-03-2014 02:50 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Sup lion. Lets debate or you still scared?

Yes, I'm scared of wasting my time.

I'll debate you as soon as you can formulate a clear and specific proposition other than the nebulous term.... "Your beliefs".

I think (the biblical) God exists. In order to "debate" that, your opposite proposition would need to be... "That God does not exist".

Consider Are you able to make YOUR case?
12-03-2014, 05:09 AM
(12-03-2014 05:02 AM)Lion IRC Wrote:  ...

I think (the biblical) God exists. In order to "debate" that, your opposite proposition would need to be... "That God does not exist".

Consider Are you able to make YOUR case?

Hehehe. Like 'guilty' is the opposite of 'innocent'.

That's where our legal systems have been going wrong. All becomes clear.

Thanks for putting us straight there.

Drinking Beverage

12-03-2014, 05:11 AM
Atheism is not belief that no gods exist.
If somebody believes fairies exist I don't have to disprove existence of fairies to challenge their case.
I can formulate my proposition very clear.
You believe in a biblical god. Then you tell me what parts of the bible are true and which aren't.
Then you tell me how you interpret the bible.
Then we can debate if what you believe is justified or not.
By justified I mean supported by evidence enough to conclude it is most likely true.
12-03-2014, 05:24 AM
(12-03-2014 01:38 AM)Charis Wrote:  I really don't know what I consider myself, to be quite honest. There's a lot of fear involved, I can say that much.

I can say, from my own personal experience, that's where I was the last six or so months before I could admit to myself that I no longer believed. I went through a two-year process of gradually believing less and less while I tried hard to reverse the process. The more I read, the less sense it made.

Once I got to a point where I didn't feel I believed anymore, that's when I started to get scared. I worried that maybe I was wrong or was failing a test, and I didn't want to cross the unforgivable line of apostasy. After about six months, I became comfortable in my lack of belief. Any time I'd get worried about hell, I'd ask myself why I never lost any sleep in the previous 30 years about going to Muslim hell for not following the five pillars of Islam. I never worried about all those other gods I was offending, so why was I still worried about the one I happened to be told was real as a child?

I'm not saying that this spells out your situation, but religious doubts are complex, can take a long time to work through, and likely involve a lot of emotion.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post