Chalmers Johnson. American hegemony. Blowback. Bankruptcy etc.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2016, 11:45 PM
Chalmers Johnson. American hegemony. Blowback. Bankruptcy etc.
I have mentioned the renowned US historian, Chalmers Johnson, quite a few times on this forum. One of my main reasons seems to have been derived from the feeling, correct or not, that many Americans were unaware of certain aspects of American history. Specifically following WWII.

The demise of the USSR robbed America of it's boogeyman enemy, which was soon replaced by others. This can be argued to have occurred as a reason to support the Congressional Industrial Military Complex. As Eisenhower originally coined it, before it was edited with the word "congressional" being removed due to fear it was "Too confrontational" or perhaps honest and correct.

In his talk on The University of California interview, the last interview presented, he speaks at length about the role Haliburton plays in the US military establishment. One wonders who the US military man or woman serves today, the country or the corporations. Indeed, any western soldier today.

For those interested to watch and or comment, I present Mr Johnson himself.

First a short 6 minute introduction before two longer talks.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2016, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2016 04:34 AM by Szuchow.)
RE: Chalmers Johnson. American hegemony. Blowback. Bankruptcy etc.
What is your opinion on his books? Are they at least somewhat objective? Cause recently I tried to read William Blum Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower and he made USA look like Yahwe evil brother so I'm kinda worried that it will be another USA is bad and USSR was bringing civilization book.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply