Change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Change
Do you like the experience of change?

My apartments floors are being redone, so the furniture, fridge, stove is all piled in one corner of the apartment. The other side is bare with the new floors in. Luckily I'm staying with a neighbor for the night.

When I came into the apartment tonight, I had to stare at the inside of my entrance closet. It's stuffed with my belongings. By the time the laptop was turned on, I had to run to the bathroom to cry. I just couldn't handle it. I just want it back to the way it was.

Some friends even asked earlier how I was, if I was okay, even as far as saying I would curse this moment. I didn't know it was that bad until now.

I feel homeless because my apartment isn't a home anymore with my stuff all over the place.

I remember feeling like this when I was a kid. Fucking hopeless. Weeping

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 10:28 PM
RE: Change
Your floors are being redone and you're freaking out? Really?
Look, I'm sure this is an inconvenience but get a grip. It's not like you are in South Florida after Hurricane Andrew and your house is gone.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Aw hon, I feel ya. Disarray can be so overwhelming.

I see it like this....ya got two options:

1) Clasp your hands and pray for your apartment to return to it's previous state.

Or

2) Put those hands to work and get stuff in order with a little elbow grease.

....I think you know which option is more effective. Wink

...and for the record, I'd be there helping you if I could. Hug

So many cats, so few good recipes.
05-03-2013, 10:32 PM
It kind of depends on the kind of change.

Some is good...some not...some unsettling.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
05-03-2013, 10:48 PM
(05-03-2013 10:31 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Aw hon, I feel ya. Disarray can be so overwhelming.

I see it like this....ya got two options:

1) Clasp your hands and pray for your apartment to return to it's previous state.

Or

2) Put those hands to work and get stuff in order with a little elbow grease.

....I think you know which option is more effective. Wink

...and for the record, I'd be there helping you if I could. Hug
Hug I will be getting to work on it ASAP when the whole work is done. I think I'm gonna stay away from my apartment till they're done the whole thing.

05-03-2013, 10:55 PM
(05-03-2013 10:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Your floors are being redone and you're freaking out? Really?
Look, I'm sure this is an inconvenience but get a grip. It's not like you are in South Florida after Hurricane Andrew and your house is gone.
Full Circle, I'm gonna ask nicely that you not minimize what I'm going through with your use comparisons with recent weather-induced catastrophes.

I posted this in the support section, because I'm having a big reaction to it. It is a personal issue I'm going through, and it's a safe haven from people who post exactly like you just have who don't offer support but rather post things that make them feel/look like they always keep their cool no matter what.

05-03-2013, 10:57 PM
(05-03-2013 10:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Your floors are being redone and you're freaking out? Really?
That is really insensitive. What you are doing is called "minimizing" and it can be very damaging.
Have you ever heard of empathy?
A person is sharing with us that she is feeling disassociated and looking for support. Your response was to tell her to get a grip. Maybe you shouldn't visit the support forums anymore.
05-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Um... ja, mod hat on:

Please play nice.

Mod hat off:

Hug Cheapo!!!! Hug It'll be over soon and you'll have awesome floors to walk on and stuff. Studies have shown that people with soon-to-be-awesome floors are much loved members of their online communities Smartass
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-03-2013, 11:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 11:41 PM by morondog.)
I used to be the same way....then my supply of fucks ran out. I took an arrow to the knee from Morondog who hates doing this but this is a special section which you may not be aware of where the rules are different from the rest of the forum. Namely, be extra nice to people who post here because this is *especially* a section for people who're feeling down.

Hamata: my apologies - just be aware that this section is heavily modded. I may have jumped the gun here, but not taking chances.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
05-03-2013, 11:36 PM
I can relate to negative change, or moreso disorder. I used to be fine and easy going in every way, and I still am for the most part, but after experiencing stressful types of change in my life, I need my home life to be ordered. I call it my habitat. My home is my habitat and my living environment affects my feelings.

Renos can suck.

Hopefully it'll be back to its original state soon and home will be home again Smile

In regards to perspective: A couple years ago I smashed my finger tips in a garage door. I was so upset (I needed surgery, my nail was swiped off but the root was still there, it grew back, but in the mean time looked horrible.) It was the exact week of the Haitian earthquake. I felt so guilty that I was upset over this and others had lost whole limbs permenantly and loved ones too. But, I was told, we are all entitled to our feelings. We should not shut down or minimize our feelings because someone else has more tragedy. Feelings aren't a gage of how much is wrong but instead as a signal that something is going on. So, why does a house in disarray make you upset? I can probably think of a few very valid reasons having known you on the TTA boards, dear. Heart