Change your name.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2015, 08:51 AM
RE: Change your name.
(24-02-2015 07:26 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm considering changing my last name after the divorce is finalized.

My maiden name is Scottish. I'm not close to that side of the family - hate could be an appropriate word for how I feel about my living grandfather that I haven't seen since my wedding. I do look Scottish, so it's fitting in that regard, as well as "mine."

My married name is German, most people pronounce it incorrectly and can't spell it. I've never liked it. But it's my son's last name.

I've thought about changing it to my mother's maiden name - it's absolutely beautiful. It's French. It balances well with my name. I'm very close to that side of my family.

When you say your "maiden name is Scottish" I assume you mean it's a Scottish name rather the name being literally "Scottish".

But if I'm wrong... "Nurse French" sounds sexier (by multiple orgasmic miles) than "Nurse Scottish".

Don't believe me? Compare the idea of a Scottish maid (feisty spinster) to the idea of a French maid (black satin and white frills).

Nuff said.

Blush

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
24-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Kazin Slade

It's a combination of names of characters from Shining Force II. I just think it sounds awesome.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-02-2015, 09:04 AM
Mike Hunt

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Hugh Jeffincock.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
24-02-2015, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2015 09:35 AM by Chas.)
(24-02-2015 08:51 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 07:26 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm considering changing my last name after the divorce is finalized.

My maiden name is Scottish. I'm not close to that side of the family - hate could be an appropriate word for how I feel about my living grandfather that I haven't seen since my wedding. I do look Scottish, so it's fitting in that regard, as well as "mine."

My married name is German, most people pronounce it incorrectly and can't spell it. I've never liked it. But it's my son's last name.

I've thought about changing it to my mother's maiden name - it's absolutely beautiful. It's French. It balances well with my name. I'm very close to that side of my family.

When you say your "maiden name is Scottish" I assume you mean it's a Scottish name rather the name being literally "Scottish".

But if I'm wrong... "Nurse French" sounds sexier (by multiple orgasmic miles) than "Nurse Scottish".

Don't believe me? Compare the idea of a Scottish maid (feisty spinster) to the idea of a French maid (black satin and white frills).

Nuff said.

Blush

Scottish maid?

[Image: S1-gwen_595.jpg]

Scottish nurse?

[Image: e2cb52e90ede2d22c2133df7ae409c2b.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-02-2015, 10:05 AM
(23-02-2015 10:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 09:08 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Now after someone comments....what are the crazy names YOU have considered changing yours too?

Bob.

(23-02-2015 09:08 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What is your name by contrast?

Bob.

How clever of you to spell it backwards. Very nice. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 7 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-02-2015, 10:25 AM
I've always really liked my first name, Laura. I was named after an old movie with Gene Tierney that my mother really loved.

[Image: 65d2078a1b927e6637435a35cad5a00d.jpg]

There was a song written for the movie that Frank Sinatra sang and she liked that too, so that cinched it. I'm not sure if being named after an old movie has influenced me but I love old film noir and black and white movies in general.

It's my last name I don't like so much. I dropped my maiden name when I got married because I didn't like it, however my married name isn't too much better. I've never been able to come up with a better name to go with Laura. The character in the movie is never referred to except by her first name so I couldn't have adopted that as a last name.

And I just now realized that my signature is similar to the writing on the movie poster. I have a huge "L" followed by small "aura". Wow.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
24-02-2015, 11:28 AM
I once heard of a Bulgarian guy who wanted to change his name to Manchester United ( football club ) but he wasn't allowed to. Apparently in Bulgaria they can refuse to change your name legally if it's just stupid.

Me, I never wanted to change my name, but if I would it would be prolly be something Italian sounding, or maybe Scandinavian, they have cool names like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer or Tore André Flo.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
24-02-2015, 01:24 PM
(24-02-2015 11:28 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  I once heard of a Bulgarian guy who wanted to change his name to Manchester United ( football club ) but he wasn't allowed to. Apparently in Bulgaria they can refuse to change your name legally if it's just stupid.

Me, I never wanted to change my name, but if I would it would be prolly be something Italian sounding, or maybe Scandinavian, they have cool names like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer or Tore André Flo.

Seems like I read about someone who changed their name to Dot Com. Rolleyes

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
24-02-2015, 05:25 PM
Matthew Anchor