Change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2013, 11:45 PM
RE: Change
Change is scary, even if it's "just a house getting remodeled." If someone is used to order in their own home, then I can see how this can have very negative effects on their current outlook.

But just know that most times, change is good and when it's all over, you'll look back at how you reacted and smile, I'm sure. Smile

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Change isn't something to worry about; not in the safety of modern Canadian society. At least not this change.

New floors are awesome, and if you're up to it, so is minimizing, streamlining... I actually prefer to keep it simple. I only have what I need, and a few items of major interest. But thats because I'm not sentimental, so nothing really has a "place". And because nothing has a "place", if I have too many things, it starts to look like a catastrophe pretty quick. Sad

I feel fine in a Hoarders mess, I feel fine in a completely spartan home... Its the transition that tends to be the overwhelming part. But just remember that its only temporary. Everything will be cozy again, but with nice new flooring. I'm sure you'll feel right at home soon enough. If you have "places" for everything, those places will still be there, if you want them to. Or if you're feeling daring, try out a new arrangement. Whateverz clever.

Good luck.
05-03-2013, 11:59 PM
(05-03-2013 11:33 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I used to be the same way....then my supply of fucks ran out. I took an arrow to the knee from Morondog who hates doing this but this is a special section which you may not be aware of where the rules are different from the rest of the forum. Namely, be extra nice to people who post here because this is *especially* a section for people who're feeling down.

Hamata: my apologies - just be aware that this section is heavily modded. I may have jumped the gun here, but not taking chances.
Hey now. That was not meant as a slight. I was stating that I don't care about such things anymore. Perhaps I should've worded it differently seeing as how you didn't quite get my humor. Fine. You want a long description? I'LL GIVE YOU A LONG DESCRIPTION! Also....pink? Really?

Back When I was a child I absolutely despised change. I hated everything about it. I hated th word itself. I was about 8 at the time I learned what the sign said that was that we would be moving soon. Moving? The hell does that mean? So I quickly found myself far away from my school, friends, and a nice field where I used to play. I hated it. Fast forward a few years and the changes in my life only picked up in frequency. With each change (among other things) I died a little more on the inside. Slowly but surely I became a shell filled with hate and disappointment. I stopped caring about the changes....hell I stopped caring about everything. It took me a long time to overcome that previous..."dying" but I eventually came upon what I am today.....I have no idea what I am and I love it. I still don't care about small things which I find very useful. Hence, my fucks ran out.

Now for some advice. I'll bet that you felt the exact same as when you first moved there. Give it time and that place will be home. Humans as a species hate change as change is uncertain and humans really don't like uncertain things....except for gamblers but they're weird.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
06-03-2013, 12:05 AM
^ I liked the first post better, it was funnier. And it didn't seem like heartless advice, more just an answer to the original, first sentence of the thread.
06-03-2013, 12:06 AM
(06-03-2013 12:05 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  ^ I liked the first post better, it was funnier.
Thank you. I put a lot of thought into the first post.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
06-03-2013, 07:22 AM
(05-03-2013 11:59 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 11:33 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I used to be the same way....then my supply of fucks ran out. I took an arrow to the knee from Morondog who hates doing this but this is a special section which you may not be aware of where the rules are different from the rest of the forum. Namely, be extra nice to people who post here because this is *especially* a section for people who're feeling down.

Hamata: my apologies - just be aware that this section is heavily modded. I may have jumped the gun here, but not taking chances.
Hey now. That was not meant as a slight. I was stating that I don't care about such things anymore. Perhaps I should've worded it differently seeing as how you didn't quite get my humor. Fine. You want a long description? I'LL GIVE YOU A LONG DESCRIPTION! Also....pink? Really?

Back When I was a child I absolutely despised change. I hated everything about it. I hated th word itself. I was about 8 at the time I learned what the sign said that was that we would be moving soon. Moving? The hell does that mean? So I quickly found myself far away from my school, friends, and a nice field where I used to play. I hated it. Fast forward a few years and the changes in my life only picked up in frequency. With each change (among other things) I died a little more on the inside. Slowly but surely I became a shell filled with hate and disappointment. I stopped caring about the changes....hell I stopped caring about everything. It took me a long time to overcome that previous..."dying" but I eventually came upon what I am today.....I have no idea what I am and I love it. I still don't care about small things which I find very useful. Hence, my fucks ran out.

Now for some advice. I'll bet that you felt the exact same as when you first moved there. Give it time and that place will be home. Humans as a species hate change as change is uncertain and humans really don't like uncertain things....except for gamblers but they're weird.

Apparently mods reply in pink when they're bein' official Undecided I must admit the manliness of it gets to me. Again, apologies for the modding, but as there'd already been complaints I figured I'd be proactive. Frankly this aspect of modding (the actual modding bit) bugs the hell out of me...
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
06-03-2013, 07:34 AM
(05-03-2013 10:55 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 10:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Your floors are being redone and you're freaking out? Really?
Look, I'm sure this is an inconvenience but get a grip. It's not like you are in South Florida after Hurricane Andrew and your house is gone.
Full Circle, I'm gonna ask nicely that you not minimize what I'm going through with your use comparisons with recent weather-induced catastrophes.

I posted this in the support section, because I'm having a big reaction to it. It is a personal issue I'm going through, and it's a safe haven from people who post exactly like you just have who don't offer support but rather post things that make them feel/look like they always keep their cool no matter what.
You are absolutely right and I apologize.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
06-03-2013, 09:19 PM
(06-03-2013 07:34 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 10:55 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Full Circle, I'm gonna ask nicely that you not minimize what I'm going through with your use comparisons with recent weather-induced catastrophes.

I posted this in the support section, because I'm having a big reaction to it. It is a personal issue I'm going through, and it's a safe haven from people who post exactly like you just have who don't offer support but rather post things that make them feel/look like they always keep their cool no matter what.
You are absolutely right and I apologize.
Hug

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
06-03-2013, 09:29 PM
(05-03-2013 10:23 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Do you like the experience of change?

My apartments floors are being redone, so the furniture, fridge, stove is all piled in one corner of the apartment. The other side is bare with the new floors in. Luckily I'm staying with a neighbor for the night.

When I came into the apartment tonight, I had to stare at the inside of my entrance closet. It's stuffed with my belongings. By the time the laptop was turned on, I had to run to the bathroom to cry. I just couldn't handle it. I just want it back to the way it was.

Some friends even asked earlier how I was, if I was okay, even as far as saying I would curse this moment. I didn't know it was that bad until now.

I feel homeless because my apartment isn't a home anymore with my stuff all over the place.

I remember feeling like this when I was a kid. Fucking hopeless. Weeping

I'm the exact same way. You should have seen me when my husband remodeled our kitchen! Even when the house gets out of order...it makes me crazy.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-03-2013, 09:54 PM
(05-03-2013 10:23 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Do you like the experience of change?

My apartments floors are being redone, so the furniture, fridge, stove is all piled in one corner of the apartment. The other side is bare with the new floors in. Luckily I'm staying with a neighbor for the night.

When I came into the apartment tonight, I had to stare at the inside of my entrance closet. It's stuffed with my belongings. By the time the laptop was turned on, I had to run to the bathroom to cry. I just couldn't handle it. I just want it back to the way it was.

Some friends even asked earlier how I was, if I was okay, even as far as saying I would curse this moment. I didn't know it was that bad until now.

I feel homeless because my apartment isn't a home anymore with my stuff all over the place.

I remember feeling like this when I was a kid. Fucking hopeless. Weeping
Were you moved around a lot as a kid, or passed between relatives?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user