Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Change
(05-03-2013 10:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It kind of depends on the kind of change.

Some is good...some not...some unsettling.

This was in the unsettling category. It was sneaky, too.

(05-03-2013 11:11 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hug Cheapo!!!! Hug It'll be over soon and you'll have awesome floors to walk on and stuff. Studies have shown that people with soon-to-be-awesome floors are much loved members of their online communities Smartass

*hugs back* The 'over soon' was exactly it. I think I've faced many battles in my time so far. This was just a shit-storm month. Totally worth it, but yesterday the branch snapped.

[Image: flat,550x550,075,f.jpg]

I have this shirt. I'm gonna wear it tomorrow when I get my root canal.

(05-03-2013 11:33 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I used to be the same way....then my supply of fucks ran out.

Boy do I get that. I think my emotions are starting to curb that way little by little. I don't think it's healthy the way it is doing so, but the storm is always at its nastiest before the break. Undecided

(05-03-2013 11:36 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  So, why does a house in disarray make you upset? I can probably think of a few very valid reasons having known you on the TTA boards, dear. Heart

I think it boils down to the past. I got kicked out of the house I was raised in and stayed for 4 months in shelters and riding the odd midnight bus when I had to before finally get the help I needed. My home is my sanctuary, it reflects how I am doing and it is where I feel safest. To lose the feel of home to me is as I've now discovered a trigger for my Tourette's. Losing the familiarity of my own place 'tugged at my brain stem' and all broke loose. I was that kid again. I was thinking as I did then. I nearly lost my mind back then.

(05-03-2013 11:45 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Change is scary, even if it's "just a house getting remodeled." If someone is used to order in their own home, then I can see how this can have very negative effects on their current outlook.

But just know that most times, change is good and when it's all over, you'll look back at how you reacted and smile, I'm sure. Smile

The Little Train That Could. But in reality, not some fictional moral story; that's how I see it. Thumbsup

(05-03-2013 11:50 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Change isn't something to worry about; not in the safety of modern Canadian society. At least not this change.

New floors are awesome, and if you're up to it, so is minimizing, streamlining... I actually prefer to keep it simple. I only have what I need, and a few items of major interest. But thats because I'm not sentimental, so nothing really has a "place". And because nothing has a "place", if I have too many things, it starts to look like a catastrophe pretty quick. Sad

I feel fine in a Hoarders mess, I feel fine in a completely spartan home... Its the transition that tends to be the overwhelming part. But just remember that its only temporary. Everything will be cozy again, but with nice new flooring. I'm sure you'll feel right at home soon enough. If you have "places" for everything, those places will still be there, if you want them to. Or if you're feeling daring, try out a new arrangement. Whateverz clever.

Good luck.

I had once thought of minimizing the look of my home, but the mind of an artist needs clutter to flourish. Thankfully there is enough room to swing a cat and break dance.

I do love the rearranging. My recent rearrangement is my computer desk - inside the smaller closet of my home. Perfect fit for a bachelor apartment that can be fully crossed in 4 seconds.

(05-03-2013 11:59 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Hey now. That was not meant as a slight. I was stating that I don't care about such things anymore. Perhaps I should've worded it differently seeing as how you didn't quite get my humor. Fine. You want a long description? I'LL GIVE YOU A LONG DESCRIPTION! Really?

Back When I was a child I absolutely despised change. I hated everything about it. I hated th word itself. I was about 8 at the time I learned what the sign said that was that we would be moving soon. Moving? The hell does that mean? So I quickly found myself far away from my school, friends, and a nice field where I used to play. I hated it. Fast forward a few years and the changes in my life only picked up in frequency. With each change (among other things) I died a little more on the inside. Slowly but surely I became a shell filled with hate and disappointment. I stopped caring about the changes....hell I stopped caring about everything. It took me a long time to overcome that previous..."dying" but I eventually came upon what I am today.....I have no idea what I am and I love it. I still don't care about small things which I find very useful. Hence, my fucks ran out.

Now for some advice. I'll bet that you felt the exact same as when you first moved there. Give it time and that place will be home. Humans as a species hate change as change is uncertain and humans really don't like uncertain things....except for gamblers but they're weird.
Are you sure we've never met before? I didn't actually ask before, but it's a good way to say 'your story is so like mine'. I don't have any idea who I am yet and I love it as well. I think 'dying' for me is like shedding a shell. It doesn't make me stronger at first, but slowly I grow and the shell hardens and if I survive, I count myself quite lucky. That and I have great drinking stories.

Pink sucks, I'm with you on that.

(06-03-2013 09:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm the exact same way. You should have seen me when my husband remodeled our kitchen! Even when the house gets out of makes me crazy.
Two things that happen to me when the house is out of order:

1. Either there's art going on

2. I'm in a funk and no art can happen despite trying.

Thank geese the forum stays the same... Oh, wait. Tongue Oh well, at least it isn't pink.

Most of it is over. I put my hands to work and got as much as I could moved back in its spot tonight, which is mainly the computer, but hey - it's fucking late.

Thank you to all who wrote. I don't know why this happens, or what makes it go away. I'm just glad I don't have to go through it alone.

I hope my replies came out okay/made sense. I think this is the first TL;DR I ever did on the site, as well as a multiple response post.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
06-03-2013, 10:34 PM
RE: Change
Happy for you...sending hugs..

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply