Poll: What kind of change do you not mind?
I like change.
I don't like change.
I don't mind change so much, even initiated by others.
I don't mind change so much but only initiated by me.
I don't care, life is full of change. Where are the pickles?
[Show Results]

Changes: Do or Don't Like Them, Initiated by Others or Self Initiated

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2016, 05:19 PM

I am sometimes a change addict, I have moved no less than 18 times in my life and all after I became an adult. I sometimes like to change things up just for the heck of it. However, this applies only if I initiate the change. I'm not always so good with changes others force upon me. (I'm working on it but it ain't easy cheesy.)

I'm sure, for me, it's a control issue. I had very little control over my life as a child with very controlling manipulative dysfunctional parents but I never gave up trying so when I became an adult control was my main objective in life. I found out through "life sucks" lessons that control is mostly a myth but I still have residual issues with it.

Changes can be fun and creative but if you don't like change much, but have to suffer it anyway, sometimes having a bit of control over the changes coming can ease the stress and anxiety.

When changes happen at work that I do not like I'm often very quiet about it until I've had a chance to think about it and do some pros/cons about the change. My first response used to be an agitated balk but I have learned (finally) to keep my piece until I've had a chance to assimilate the information. Then if I feel there's a problem I need to address I can do it with some reason and alternative options to offer. But it still bugs me.

There are a wide variety of response to change as well as how the change is initiated. What is your experience with it?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: Changes: Do or Don't Like Them, Initiated by Others or Self Initiated

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
07-02-2016, 05:40 PM
The Aspie in me doesn't like change and takes a while to adjust to it. Over time, I've learned to pour my energies into trying to shape change in a way that benefits me rather than into opposing it.

I like to change things up personally quite a bit, and don't usually mind change that I've initiated personally.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
07-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Change is sometimes necessary.
Change is often painful.
Change is always inevitable.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
07-02-2016, 05:45 PM
I like change. I've lived several different places which I've enjoyed because moving new places has always been exciting to me. I also like changing jobs every so often--although up until recently, I always stayed in my field. To me change is an opportunity to step outside your comfort zone, an opportunity to meet new people, have new experiences, and live some new adventures.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-02-2016, 06:04 PM
My urge to change things up has tapered off over the years. I used to be extra adventurous and never thought twice even about living in various countries. Now I am getting more set in my ways and much less likely to change things up.

No way would I let anyone else initiate changes for me at this point. I am where I want to be.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
07-02-2016, 06:14 PM

[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
07-02-2016, 06:21 PM
I always liked change in my younger days. I lived abroad for many years, travelled around Europe and then went back home. I'm more settled now and am very set in my ways. But never say never. Life's too short, who knows what the future may bring.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
07-02-2016, 06:30 PM

Well, someone had to post that.

Sorry.

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
07-02-2016, 06:39 PM

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post