Changing Canada's anthem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2016, 07:30 PM
RE: Changing Canada's anthem
I think we should write a brand new anthem, and let "O Canada" go the way of "The Maple Leaf Forever." If you have to keep changing the lyrics, it was never that good a song in the first place.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
18-07-2016, 08:33 PM
Oh Canada has worked up till now despite the numerous revisions (like putting god keep our land in a song that was suppose to be totally secular)

But i'll admit your idea has merit maybe a 21 century Canada needs a 21 century song any ideasThumbsup ?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
18-07-2016, 08:49 PM
But please note i believe that the chances of getting all the parties provinces etc to not only agree on a new anthem but recognize it as the anthem are about as likely as likely as getting Israeli's and the Palestine's together at an all you can eat pork rib cook out complete with salad covered in bacon bits and red wine vinaigrette

Hell there are people who are still pissed off we about us changing the flag and the bill of rights and freedoms

[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
18-07-2016, 08:50 PM
(18-07-2016 07:30 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I think we should write a brand new anthem, and let "O Canada" go the way of "The Maple Leaf Forever." If you have to keep changing the lyrics, it was never that good a song in the first place.

The only good national anthem is a dead national anthem. Laugh out load They all sound like a funeral dirge with a little more brass section. I haven't heard all the national anthems of the world of course but so far the only one I've ever liked is the French anthem, La Marseillaise. And this great scene from Casablanca put it over the top for me.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-07-2016, 08:59 PM
(18-07-2016 08:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 07:30 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I think we should write a brand new anthem, and let "O Canada" go the way of "The Maple Leaf Forever." If you have to keep changing the lyrics, it was never that good a song in the first place.

The only good national anthem is a dead national anthem. Laugh out load They all sound like a funeral dirge with a little more brass section. I haven't heard all the national anthems of the world of course but so far the only one I've ever liked is the French anthem, La Marseillaise. And this great scene from Casablanca put it over the top for me.

very nice Thumbsup

18-07-2016, 09:09 PM
(18-07-2016 08:59 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 08:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The only good national anthem is a dead national anthem. Laugh out load They all sound like a funeral dirge with a little more brass section. I haven't heard all the national anthems of the world of course but so far the only one I've ever liked is the French anthem, La Marseillaise. And this great scene from Casablanca put it over the top for me.

very nice Thumbsup

Here ya go! Here's your next Canadian National Anthem. Taaa-daaaa!!!

Actually my Mom was raised in Canada and I have a lot of family members who live there. I love Canada. It's a great country. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
18-07-2016, 09:53 PM
(18-07-2016 09:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 08:59 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  very nice Thumbsup

Actually my Mom was raised in Canada and I have a lot of family members who live there. I love Canada. It's a great country. Thumbsup

Lol AwesomeThumbsup

18-07-2016, 10:28 PM
(18-07-2016 09:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 08:59 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  very nice Thumbsup

Nah if they are gonna have an anthem at least have it performed by Canadians.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
18-07-2016, 10:34 PM
(18-07-2016 05:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Facepalm Oh, Canada........
Blink
.........what are we gonna do with you guys up there anyway. Geesh.

Keep them complacent until they realize that they're our strategic water reserve. In 30 years we'll be building Keystone XL so we can Make America Flush Again.
19-07-2016, 07:55 AM
(18-07-2016 10:34 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(18-07-2016 05:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Facepalm Oh, Canada........
Blink
.........what are we gonna do with you guys up there anyway. Geesh.

Keep them complacent until they realize that they're our strategic water reserve. In 30 years we'll be building Keystone XL so we can Make America Flush Again.

It won't be free. We'll bleed you dry. Evil_monster

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user