Changing Things on my Blog

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2013, 04:27 AM
RE: Changing Things on my Blog
Egor, people don't change core beliefs/values without consequence. Change is difficult for almost everyone. When we get people who abruptly change character from one moment to the next usually something is very very wrong, or they are full of shit and acting the whole time.

To ditch your christianity and just shrug it off like it's nothing would be enough to freak out most people, considering you were Christian and the amount of time and effort you poured into it. Since you put so much effort into your Christianity I don't think it's an act.

Anyone who has gone from belief -> atheism has experienced some difficulties during and after the transition.

If you can just flip flop all over the place and act like nothing affects you well, something very wrong there.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2013, 05:01 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2013 10:03 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-05-2013 03:06 PM)Egor Wrote:  ... you better show that black slime to your new crowd of atheist free-thinking friends, you know, the ones down there liking your post, or they won't accept you--and what is life without acceptance, right princess?

What a coward you are. I can only imagine what kind of husband you'll end up with and what your kids will turn out to be like. Bad people attract bad people. Bad people make bad people. I've encountered people like you my whole life. You're worse than the bully. You're one of those cowards that hangs around to watch what the bully does.

Here's to all the so-called rational, pseudo-free-thinking, self-moralizing atheists of the world. Welcome to the herd--cow.

Oh yeah. Mod material, right there. Dodgy
So why would a rational person hang out in TTA ... the place where the people "they" hate the most, hang out ?
...... oh wait.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Why do you always announce everything you do? We dont care. No really egor we dont give a shit.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
30-05-2013, 11:23 AM

(30-05-2013 04:27 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Egor, people don't change core beliefs/values without consequence. Change is difficult for almost everyone. When we get people who abruptly change character from one moment to the next usually something is very very wrong, or they are full of shit and acting the whole time.

To ditch your christianity and just shrug it off like it's nothing would be enough to freak out most people, considering you were Christian and the amount of time and effort you poured into it. Since you put so much effort into your Christianity I don't think it's an act.

Anyone who has gone from belief -> atheism has experienced some difficulties during and after the transition.

If you can just flip flop all over the place and act like nothing affects you well, something very wrong there.

I agree with you completely, but you have to understand that I probably was never really a true Christian. I haven't been since around 1993. I've been a Veridican and Veridicanism always had two forms. One was a kind of fundamentalist Jesus centered belief that looked a lot like Christianity--but I was never, ever accepted by Christians, mainly because I followed only the Gospels and not the rest of the Bible.

But as of 1996, Veridicanism also had a very New Age side to it, and this came after a revelation I had some months after attending a New Age event where I met a man who was a monist. Once I embraced monism, I wasn't really anything like a Christian anymore. For the years following I would often flip-flop back and forth. Sometimes I really felt that fundamentalistic Christ-oriented Veridicanism was the way, and then I would see the failings of that and go over into the New Age version.

In all of that, I never gave up my belief in God, and the way I see God hasn't changed, not since I was nine years old. Even if I thought God was monistic in His nature, I still considered Him my Father and the "Other" that was with me.

So, what you see as this dramatic flip-flopping is not really that dramatic. What makes it a bit different this time is that the door has pretty much slammed shut on the Christian version of Veridicanism. What makes this most recent flip-flop so hard on me is not so much that I've gone to New Age again, but that I can't return to Christ if I wanted to.

I thought I had this great argument for the existence of God, and I was sharing it in the philosophy section and all of the sudden, I got to a point where it just fell apart, and when it did, it took down the cosmological, ontological, and teleological arguments as well (at least in my mind), it forced me to focus on the fact that I do not know what the heck Jesus is talking about, and ironically, within a couple of weeks it tore down atheism as a viable belief system as well. It was my spiritual Chicxulub asteroid.

This event has caused me a lot of depression over the last few weeks, but I’ve pretty much settled into what I have left. I am very good with dreams and astrology; I still feel the presence of the Divine Source as strong as ever, and so that’s what I’ve got. In this forum, I’m not so concerned with arguing the existence of God now, which is impossible. Rather, in here, my stance will be to debate the duality of consciousness as opposed to the atheist idea of an emergent consciousness from the brain.

So, what seems like a big flip flop is not something that covered a great deal of distance in my mind. What sucks more than anything else is that I no longer intend to call anything “Veridicanism.” There is no system of Veridican thought anymore. The word Veridican is nothing more than a moniker I now use as a trade name. It is, after all, a neologism that means “one who follows the truth” and I try to follow the truth—wherever it leads.

Now, as for personality, well that show depends on where I’m at. In the Spiritual Forums, I’m a whole different person. I’m more like the guy from Monk and Galaxy Quest. One has to be very careful with those people—they’re a bit more fragile. But if I were like that in here, no one would listen to a word I write. Over there, I attract attention because I do some rather unique interpretations, so those get me heard. In here, I don’t do dream interpretations, but if I did, if there was a board for that, you’d see more of the Tony Shalhoub in me.

So, to me, it's kind of funny that people think my Ode to Bucky Ball is so "weird" when for me, it's the way I am almost all the time--except in here. If you don't believe me, have an e-mail conversation with me, get your chart done. You probably won't think you're talking to the same person.

[Image: galaxy_quest_tony14.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2013, 11:29 AM

(30-05-2013 07:59 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Why do you always announce everything you do? We dont care. No really egor we dont give a shit.

And yet, here you are. Consider
30-05-2013, 11:31 AM
(30-05-2013 11:23 AM)Egor Wrote:  You probably won't think you're talking to the same person.

Probably because there's a whole bunch of people in there.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
30-05-2013, 11:37 AM

(30-05-2013 05:01 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh yeah. Mod material, right there. Dodgy

A person can't defend themselves if they're attacked? She wrote what she wrote completely unprovoked by me. So, that's my response.

Here, my alter-ego can explain it better:

30-05-2013, 11:37 AM
(30-05-2013 11:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  And yet, here you are. Consider

Asking the simple question of why you do it when you know we really dont care. You seem to have missed that point Drinking Beverage

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
30-05-2013, 11:41 AM
(30-05-2013 11:29 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(30-05-2013 07:59 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Why do you always announce everything you do? We dont care. No really egor we dont give a shit.

And yet, here you are. Consider

Yet here YOU are. You (*say* you) HATE atheists. Yet you want to moderate their forum, and CRAVE their attention and approval.

Very very odd.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-05-2013, 11:41 AM

(30-05-2013 11:37 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Asking the simple question of why you do it when you know we really dont care. You seem to have missed that point Drinking Beverage

Because of all the evidence to the contrary.

You seemed to have missed that point. [Image: 27.gif]