Changing into an Athiest

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Changing into an Athiest
I was once a Muslim and I had become an atheist recently and of course my parents freaking hate me now ad they also love taking my privileges away but you know that will only cause me to drift further away from them and i'm glad im never going back to being a theist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Zisaan's post
07-04-2013, 02:16 PM
RE: Changing into an Athiest
Welcome to the forum!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
07-04-2013, 02:19 PM
It's hard for Christians to turn.

It's harder for Muslims.

Welcome.

Wish you better luck.

Want something? Then do something.
07-04-2013, 02:57 PM
(07-04-2013 02:02 PM)Zisaan Wrote:  I was once a Muslim and I had become an atheist recently and of course my parents freaking hate me now ad they also love taking my privileges away but you know that will only cause me to drift further away from them and i'm glad im never going back to being a theist.

I think that you should try not to drift too far away. I have been an athiest since I was very young I am 50, now. My parents are both dead and are still very important and loved people in my life. Both were christian (lapsed catholics, but still believed) until the day they died. Both knew that I am an athiest and disagreed with me about it. We had discussions about it, but I never pushed too hard. Athiesm has been an important issue for most of my life. But so is family. Sometimes you back away. I don't know your situation, but my suggestion is that you don't let your beliefs destroy the brief life you share with your family. Don't destroy the many smiles you might otherwise have. I know this is an odd thing for an athiest to say, but don't preach! Let them believe, if that's what they need. Just as they can't change you, you can't change them.
07-04-2013, 05:01 PM
You'll feel more at peace for yourself. It's really not much to say you're an atheist, because in reality everyone is an atheist. It's just the way society is today I suppose. The life of an atheist is so much more self fulfilling, we have no God to thank for our accomplishments, because he didn't do it, YOU did.

"My nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight." - Marcus Luttrell
07-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Welcome Smile

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
07-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Come to the dark side. We have cookie.I'm kinda turning myself. It's a ride. bro.

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”
08-04-2013, 06:42 AM
Changing? As in grow wings like a butterfly? Tongue

Anyway, Welcome to the forums.
08-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Welcome!

I guess the effect on family relations is more devastating for muslims than christians. Aren't the rules a lot more stringent?

In any case, great that you saw the light and picked the path of logic.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Welcome to TTA!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]