Chapel Hill Shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 07:56 AM
Chapel Hill Shooting
A terrible incident has occurred where a man has shot dead three muslims in the US.

http://www.wral.com/three-killed-in-chap.../14438074/

Just thought I'd share it here.

There has been a lack of coverage and people are blaming it on islamophobic media and such.

Also, the attack has been said to be motivated by atheism. I've been spending the last hour explaining to people that it may be motivated by anti-theism, but because atheism has no dogma, it must be left it.

It is equally as logical to blame it on non-belief in santa claus.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 08:00 AM
RE: Chapel Hill Shooting
Sadcryface

That's so terrible. Their poor friends and families.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
11-02-2015, 08:01 AM
Killing people based on label who are unarmed is bigoted. It is way past time the world be faced with the elephant in the room is religion.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
11-02-2015, 08:12 AM
It's disgusting. If the man was at all doing it for what he perceived as being "good for the world" then he should have bought a plane ticket and joined in Peshmerga in their fight against ISIS. Horrible murderous little cunt.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
[+] 4 users Like SunnyD1's post
11-02-2015, 08:17 AM
I don't think this will be the last incident like this as long as ISIS keeps committing atrocities.
11-02-2015, 09:02 AM
Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody (including mythical deities) knows....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-02-2015, 09:15 AM
Disgusting
11-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Quote:The Council on American-Islamic Relations, the nation's largest civil advocacy group for Muslims, called on law enforcement officials Wednesday to address speculation about a motive for the killings.

Which is completely correct.

And the best way to address speculation about any / all incidents (of any category) is to publicly state that the official position is "we don't know yet" and ask people to stop speculation or / and jumping to conclusions ...

... which is, of course, going against human nature.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
11-02-2015, 11:01 AM
I don't see where motive is really an issue.

Who cares what the asshole was thinking at the time?

He shot three people in the head -- that alone shows intent, and forethought. (Believe me - it's hard to hit a small moving target)

I'm a gun owner, and 100 percent dedicated to preserving the right for Americans to own guns.

I'm also 100 percent in favor of people misusing the RIGHT of gun ownership going to jail for a very, very long time -- or being dangled from a rope.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
11-02-2015, 12:24 PM
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...n-atheist/

This guy was an atheist. Still does not matter why he did it. Nobody deserves this.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post