Chapel Hill Shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 12:31 PM
RE: Chapel Hill Shooting
(11-02-2015 12:24 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...n-atheist/

This guy was an atheist. Still does not matter why he did it. Nobody deserves this.

No kidding. It's bad.

A friend posted on Facebook (I really should drop my facebook altogether) saying how she was surprised an atheist would own a gun.

I did smack my head when I read that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 01:22 PM
(11-02-2015 12:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-02-2015 12:24 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...n-atheist/

This guy was an atheist. Still does not matter why he did it. Nobody deserves this.

No kidding. It's bad.

A friend posted on Facebook (I really should drop my facebook altogether) saying how she was surprised an atheist would own a gun.

I did smack my head when I read that.

What? I know of plenty of gun nutter atheists who think on the same lines of "no rules" and "fuck you I got mine" and worship objects the same way Christians think the First Amendment gives them special rights over all others.

"Atheist" is a position, not a moral code. I run into atheists whom I cannot stand on gun issues, and economic issues, and liberal atheists who are too censorship happy and PC. And others who have si fi woo that makes my dick itch.

"Atheist" is not a moral code, a political party or loyalty oath. It merely means "off" on one claim. It doesn't make us automatically moral. Our species ability to be cruel or compassionate is in us, not the labels we hold.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
11-02-2015, 02:28 PM
Be prepared for some anti-atheist bashing coming up.

Fucknuts from here to the far side of the moon will use this to bash the atheist community.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
11-02-2015, 02:33 PM
RE: Be prepared for some anti-atheist bashing coming up.
I was in the Coast Guard.....

Semper Paratus........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-02-2015, 02:33 PM
I love how the brief video cherry-picks two items from his facebook page. I'm sure there is more to it than he was just an anti-theist with a gun.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
11-02-2015, 02:36 PM
(11-02-2015 02:33 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I love how the brief video cherry-picks two items from his facebook page. I'm sure there is more to it than he was just an anti-theist with a gun.

Yeah... but, like stop signs in Michigan's U.P. -- atheists make great targets for drunken rednecks.......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-02-2015, 02:37 PM
(11-02-2015 02:33 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I love how the brief video cherry-picks two items from his facebook page. I'm sure there is more to it than he was just an anti-theist with a gun.

I think it is to early for anykind of judgement.

In civilised countries we have courts, investigations and a certain due process to deal with crime and punishment.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
11-02-2015, 02:39 PM
(11-02-2015 02:37 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  

I think it is to early for anykind of judgement.

In civilised countries we have courts, investigations and a certain due process to deal with crime and punishment.

Apparently you didn't see the tiff in Ferguson Mo -- where a cop got burned for doing his job -- by mob rule.......

11-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Threads merged

11-02-2015, 03:02 PM
It's impossible for someone who is an atheist to kill in the name of non-belief in gods - But the media doesn't really care about that and people will probably believe that this is an example of the evil in atheism.

I think it's possible for people to kill in the name of anti-theism if it's a very strong, hateful and violent form of anti-theism, but it's still unlikely.

O condemn these crimes, the same way I condemn crimes in France against Muslim shops and Mosques.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche