Chapel Hill Shooting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Chapel Hill Shooting
(13-02-2015 07:32 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  So... to be a little controversial.

Any of us who have been around atheist message boards for a while have come across people we could see taking this kind of action. Right?

Gun toting anti-theist racists dressed up in the logic of atheism.

This case is a foreseeable outcome of the kind of thinking we have seen before. Right?

So did this event occur because of the combination of traits we have seen before? If so, should it change the way we approach any topics here on this board?

As a gun toting, war mongering atheist, had I come across that situation I would have dropped my fellow atheist without hesitation.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
13-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Chapel Hill Shooting
Based on what his wife said in interviews, this guy was mentally ill anyway.
14-02-2015, 12:25 AM
Atheist shoots some muslims over a parking dispute - ATHEIST TERRORISM!!!!

Muslims murder thousands in the name of islam every week - NO TRUE MUSLIM WOULD DO THAT!

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 4 users Like Cetaceaphile's post
14-02-2015, 04:11 AM
(11-02-2015 03:06 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I still mistrust all muslims.

If anything was learned from the past 17 years it`s that all muslims in modern and civilised countries are potential bombs.

And there is some clear cut hypocrisy here

So his 3 victims were potential bombs, not be trusted? I guess he's a hero than in your book, someone who defused a bomb.
14-02-2015, 04:22 AM
(13-02-2015 06:24 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Based on what his wife said in interviews, this guy was mentally ill anyway.

You mean his ex-wife, based on him being a fan of the movie "Falling Down"?

His current wife, who is in the in the process of divorcing him, paints him as a committed humanitarian, all about equality and shit.

In fact if his Facebook page, his postings, are any indicator of him being mentally ill, then that would bring into question the mental health of every anti-theist.
14-02-2015, 06:42 AM
(14-02-2015 04:22 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(13-02-2015 06:24 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Based on what his wife said in interviews, this guy was mentally ill anyway.

You mean his ex-wife, based on him being a fan of the movie "Falling Down"?

His current wife, who is in the in the process of divorcing him, paints him as a committed humanitarian, all about equality and shit.

In fact if his Facebook page, his postings, are any indicator of him being mentally ill, then that would bring into question the mental health of every anti-theist.

I agree with your point. It seems to me that people are in denial that human beings can be evil without being mentally "ill" or influenced by something like religion or ideology. All the evil figures through history have similar rumours about them growing mentally ill before they died, when really, they were just evil wank stains.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
[+] 1 user Likes SunnyD1's post
14-02-2015, 08:32 PM
One of the local reporters I talk to has asked me to contact her regarding this. I'll let you all know how it goes.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
14-02-2015, 09:17 PM
(14-02-2015 12:25 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Atheist shoots some muslims over a parking dispute - ATHEIST TERRORISM!!!!

Muslims murder thousands in the name of islam every week - NO TRUE MUSLIM WOULD DO THAT!

Not every Muslim is a terrorist.

I do care that three completely innocent people were senselessly murdered.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-02-2015, 02:36 AM
(14-02-2015 08:32 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  One of the local reporters I talk to has asked me to contact her regarding this. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Please do. If anything, having a voice in the matter before things get out of hand is a good thing.

Also, there has not been anybody that I've seen trolling the forums about this incident. Peculiar.
15-02-2015, 05:44 AM
(14-02-2015 09:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-02-2015 12:25 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Atheist shoots some muslims over a parking dispute - ATHEIST TERRORISM!!!!

Not every Muslim is a terrorist.

I do care that three completely innocent people were senselessly murdered.

Not every christian is an anti-abortion, anti-condom or anti-gay, but we don't seem to have any trouble saying that these very Christian problems are very Christian. In fact it seems like people recoil and call 'racism' if you point out that Islam has these antis too, and 100 times more extreme.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 1 user Likes Cetaceaphile's post