Charis and The Thinking Christian-- A Discussion on Morality re: His Article
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 11:11 PM by Charis.)
Charis and The Thinking Christian-- A Discussion on Morality re: His Article
Hiya!
Hoping to get more of a relaxed paced discussion on a subject discussed elsewhere, but one which was discussed in The Thinking Christian's article at infoBarrel which he linked to here.

He did make the following statement in this thread:
Quote:Well there are a ton of argments for the existence of God, but that isn't the purpose of the article that I wrote, it was simply to make the case that I don't think there can be objective morality without God or god or gods or whatever...

.... so even though rabbit trails will undoubtedly occur (after all, this is me we're talking about here... poor TTC!) we can try to focus mostly on his stated premise, and not focus entirely on whether or not God or a god exists. That will function more as a variable here.

I plan to go along probably several lines of questioning. As this is a Christian and an Agnostic Atheist, and we're talking more philosophical than scientific (ok, that may or may not be strictly true sometimes), there will be times when I'll be asking "Ok, assuming a god..." "Ok, assuming the Christian god," "Ok, assuming NO god," and "OK, assuming a specific, stated, non-Christian god."

ALSO: "I don't know" is a perfectly legitimate answer in this discussion. Not "LoL why don't you go buy the book yourself," (pointed look at Jeremy) but "I don't know right now" is ok.

So dear TTC.... feel up to it? Smile
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Charis's post
03-04-2014, 11:18 AM
RE: Charis and The Thinking Christian-- A Discussion on Morality re: His Article
Thread closed, debate is assumed declined.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed