Charity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Charity
Just thought I'd share one of the charities I'll be supporting. Zombie Walk!

http://www.winnipegzombies.com/blog/

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
26-09-2012, 11:42 AM
RE: Charity
I'm still working on my getup. Anyone know a good way to make an arm look severed? (without actually severing an arm, that is Big Grin )

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
26-09-2012, 11:56 AM
(26-09-2012 11:42 AM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I'm still working on my getup. Anyone know a good way to make an arm look severed? (without actually severing an arm, that is Big Grin )

Partially severing it? Tongue

Hmm, I used to play around with gory special effects a lot... trying to come up with cheap ways to make stuff, but I don't really know how you would do that without some good materials and shit.

[Image: opforum1.png]
26-09-2012, 12:04 PM
So far the only thing I can come up with is Papier Maché. Create attachable stump and hide my arm.

26-09-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm doing a broken foot this year. I'll be walking on the side of a dummy foot so it will look like the foot is completely broken at the ankle. I took a course in latex makeup too. I'm thinking I'll shave my head clean, do a full burn, right from the neck up, an at the top I'll have exposed skull like all the flesh has been burned away.

My bro and I take the zombie walk pretty seriously. Lol.

26-09-2012, 12:13 PM
(26-09-2012 12:11 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'm doing a broken foot this year. I'll be walking on the side of a dummy foot so it will look like the foot is completely broken at the ankle. I took a course in latex makeup too. I'm thinking I'll shave my head clean, do a full burn, right from the neck up, an at the top I'll have exposed skull like all the flesh has been burned away.

My bro and I take the zombie walk pretty seriously. Lol.

Dare I say religiously? Big Grin

P.S. Pics or it didn't happen.

26-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Missing arm is a good one. Wear a long sleeved coat, cut off the sleeve on one side, and stuff with shredded cotton rags. Let the shreds hang out of the cut off sleeve, and dunk it in a good blood mix......dye, corn syrup.....lotsa recipes online. If you want it to look fresh, go bright red, for a more rotted look, add more chunky stuff, and make the fake blood darker. Close coat, keep arm in, and voila!

26-09-2012, 12:19 PM
(26-09-2012 12:15 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Missing arm is a good one. Wear a long sleeved coat, cut off the sleeve on one side, and stuff with shredded cotton rags. Let the shreds hang out of the cut off sleeve, and dunk it in a good blood mix......dye, corn syrup.....lotsa recipes online. If you want it to look fresh, go bright red, for a more rotted look, add more chunky stuff, and make the fake blood darker. Close coat, keep arm in, and voila!

Cost-efficient, too. Consider

Thankies! Big Grin

26-09-2012, 12:38 PM
(26-09-2012 12:19 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 12:15 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Missing arm is a good one. Wear a long sleeved coat, cut off the sleeve on one side, and stuff with shredded cotton rags. Let the shreds hang out of the cut off sleeve, and dunk it in a good blood mix......dye, corn syrup.....lotsa recipes online. If you want it to look fresh, go bright red, for a more rotted look, add more chunky stuff, and make the fake blood darker. Close coat, keep arm in, and voila!

Cost-efficient, too. Consider

Thankies! Big Grin

ProTip: add a bone:
Get a real beef bone. They sell them at pet food stores for dogs. Buy one that would be just a bit bigger than your real arm bone (the proper size actually looks too small for the effect). Using a hack saw, cut off the joint if it has one, the drill a hole throght the end. It will be two holes, since the bone is hollow. Now smash the other end with a hammer to make it look like a broken bone instead of cut. Run a string through the holes you drilled, and tie it off to either your costume, or loop the string over your opposite shoulder, like a purse. Make sure the bone hangs out a couple inches more than the bloody rags (aka "torn off meaty bits").

A slightly easier way is using a piece of white PVC pipe, but the effect isn't as convincing close up.

26-09-2012, 12:42 PM
(26-09-2012 12:38 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 12:19 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Cost-efficient, too. Consider

Thankies! Big Grin

ProTip: add a bone:
Get a real beef bone. They sell them at pet food stores for dogs. Buy one that would be just a bit bigger than your real arm bone (the proper size actually looks too small for the effect). Using a hack saw, cut off the joint if it has one, the drill a hole throght the end. It will be two holes, since the bone is hollow. Now smash the other end with a hammer to make it look like a broken bone instead of cut. Run a string through the holes you drilled, and tie it off to either your costume, or loop the string over your opposite shoulder, like a purse. Make sure the bone hangs out a couple inches more than the bloody rags (aka "torn off meaty bits").

A slightly easier way is using a piece of white PVC pipe, but the effect isn't as convincing close up.

*claps hands in glee* HOORAY! I'm all giddy now. Can't wait for the 27th!