Charlie Parker

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2016, 04:07 PM
Charlie Parker
In the Martha Argerich thread, Banjo and I got onto the subject of Charlie Parker (via Art Tatum). This reminded me of how much I love Charlie Parker's music, so I decided to post some of it. Here's 15 minutes or so of Bird, in a variety of contexts (blues, standards, frantic bebop rave-ups, etc.). He was the best jazz improviser I've ever heard.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
21-07-2016, 04:57 PM
RE: Charlie Parker
(21-07-2016 04:07 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  In the Martha Argerich thread, Banjo and I got onto the subject of Charlie Parker (via Art Tatum). This reminded me of how much I love Charlie Parker's music, so I decided to post some of it. Here's 15 minutes or so of Bird, in a variety of contexts (blues, standards, frantic bebop rave-ups, etc.). He was the best jazz improviser I've ever heard.

Thanks Grasshopper. I hope to contribute to this thread, having read numerous biographies and having studied his music for so long.

Now however I am in a kind of hangover from all the drugs in my system and can barely think.

Great subject matter for a thread. Well done! Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply