Charlie Sheen has HIV??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2015, 07:23 AM
RE: Charlie Sheen has HIV??
(17-11-2015 06:01 AM)Dom Wrote:  Isn't HIV totally manageable now? I know someone who has had it for some 25 years.

Magic Johnson has had it for 24 years.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2015, 07:29 AM
(17-11-2015 07:23 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-11-2015 06:01 AM)Dom Wrote:  Isn't HIV totally manageable now? I know someone who has had it for some 25 years.

"Magic Johnson". Laughat hehehe.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
17-11-2015, 07:10 PM
I'm shocked, just shocked! Gasp

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
17-11-2015, 07:50 PM
(17-11-2015 07:23 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Apparently it is, if you take your meds. I had no idea that you could get it to the point where the disease is undetectable by normal tests and really hard to transmit. Of course, I still don't plan on partying like a rock star anytime soon.

That "if" is kind of big deal though. You've got to know you have HIV, be able to afford the pills and actually take them. So if you don't get tested on a regular basis, are broke, don't have insurance or are forgetful, then you're still SOL.

Especially when assholes like that hedge fund guy who bought the rights to Daraprim and raised the price from $13.50/pill to $750/pill a couple months ago get involved. Dodgy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
18-11-2015, 12:14 AM
AIDs is pretty easy to control these days. Michael J Fox spoke of the AIDs movement as being extremely proactive and organised he and attributed it to intelligent gay people getting together as a movement. Whereas other diseases do not operate as a group.

Cancer s all over the place, same with MS and other diseases etc.

I recall when AIDs first hit, many people I knew in the entertainment biz started dying off. It was horrible. I see nothing like Mr Fox describes on the cancer ward.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
18-11-2015, 08:15 AM
(18-11-2015 12:14 AM)Banjo Wrote:  AIDs is pretty easy to control these days. Michael J Fox spoke of the AIDs movement as being extremely proactive and organised he and attributed it to intelligent gay people getting together as a movement. Whereas other diseases do not operate as a group.

Cancer s all over the place, same with MS and other diseases etc.

I recall when AIDs first hit, many people I knew in the entertainment biz started dying off. It was horrible. I see nothing like Mr Fox describes on the cancer ward.

One of the possible reasons is that we still don't know the ultimate cause for cancer. It really helps if you can put a face to the monster. People say that smoking causes cancer but you have people who smoke their entire lives and die of something else. note: I am not saying that smoking is good, it just increases the chances of cancer, not a guarantee of getting it (personally, I don't think there is only 1 cause).

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
18-11-2015, 08:29 AM
(18-11-2015 08:15 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  er. People say that smoking causes cancer but you have people who smoke their entire lives and die of something else. note: I am not saying that smoking is good, it just increases the chances of cancer, not a guarantee of getting it (personally, I don't think there is only 1 cause).

Live on a cancer ward for about 10 months. Your mind will change VERY quickly.

Lung cancer from smoking kills fast. I've seen it time and time again.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-11-2015, 08:46 AM
(18-11-2015 08:29 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 08:15 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  er. People say that smoking causes cancer but you have people who smoke their entire lives and die of something else. note: I am not saying that smoking is good, it just increases the chances of cancer, not a guarantee of getting it (personally, I don't think there is only 1 cause).

I have had to bury 2 close family friends who both died of lung cancer within 2 years of each other who were heavy smokers and drinkers and my grandfather who was a 3 pack a day smoker who died of congestive heart failure. Believe me, I have seen it. I know that smoking is very, very bad for you. But we absolutely know what causes HIV/AIDS and therefore can put a face to it so it is easy to make it a popular target. All I am saying is that it makes it difficult to target a condition where all you can say is that doing or not doing something only change the chances but will not eliminate. I know that people develop lung cancer who never had a smoke in their life or develop a carcinoma elsewhere. I think that cancer is a terrible and very complicated condition that we need to understand far better. I am not trying to downplay the seriousness of it at all if that. If my response gave you that impression, I assure you that I take cancer very seriously. My company even is developing a cancer drug and we are also doing a collaboration with an academic developing another.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
18-11-2015, 09:47 AM
(18-11-2015 08:29 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

Cigarette smoking killed my mother and two older half-brothers. My mom had a stroke first and then the cancer struck. Smoking will kill most of my family. Of the 8 children my mother gave birth to I'm the only child who never smoked. I guess I took after my dad who didn't smoke either. I never had the slightest bit of interest to suck in nicotine and smoke into my lungs.

Smoking cigarettes will be my family's personal holocaust.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
18-11-2015, 11:37 AM
I'm not surprised about Charlie Sheen, he's only done how many drugs in his life time, and i'm sure numerous women or other I don't judge. I wouldn't wish this fate on anyone. But he was playing with fire, and got burned.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin