Charlottesville: Never let a good crisis go to waste

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-08-2017, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 23-08-2017 09:41 PM by Vera.)
RE: Charlottesville: Never let a good crisis go to waste
(23-08-2017 06:56 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I'm accused by Vera and Anjele of being a horndog for rep points but don't for the life of me know why. I have extremely thin skin (great quality for a forum) and actually DO care what people think of me, so maybe I compliment people? Here and there? I know on the Art thread I will say something nice about anybody and anything they post, you make yourself vulnerable by showing your art and I'm damn well going to find something positive in support. But I'm not sure. I did criticize Vera at one point but how leads to rep point seeking I don't know.

Girly thanks for opening the door for me to rant, it felt good sprinting through!

Get over yourself.And stop whining, no-everybody-me-likey. This is life. Grow up. My (rather low) opinion is not an "accusation". Posting dumb, uninformed right-wing shit about Europe (a place you apparently know next to nothing about. Among so many other things) and then moaning about women not jumping straight on your dick, mouth first, because you deigned to grace them with your manly attentions is definitely a great way to endear yourself to people.

Wait, did I say endear? I meant show what a creep you are.

Quote:Any of the rest of you guys have friends that could just smile and the women in the room just drool at? I'm innocently trying to flirt or get a girl's attention and it's quick, dial 911 on the creep. I'm sure I was doing it wrong but ladies allow a little room for error.

Also, you didn't criticise me. You tried to be funny. And failed miserably. This had nothing to do with repping anyone you could think of in the hopes of getting repped back.

Like I said, get over yourself.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
24-08-2017, 06:51 AM
(23-08-2017 09:38 PM)Vera Wrote:  This had nothing to do with repping anyone you could think of in the hopes of getting repped back.
Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know if that was a general feeling or what. I don't mind someone disliking (or in your case, obsessing on) my posts, but for some reason the popularity seeking accusation bugs me...don't know why.

We're all going to have different opinions of each other- when I see your thumbnail in the top left I know a boring line of snark is on the way, served with a "fuck-off" cup of coffee. But that's Vera being Vera. I wouldn't say "Vera's just trying to be popular" that would be weird. Maybe this is all a reverse psychology thing and this is your cry for popularity and attention. I'll send you a rep point right now, hope it helps.
Find all posts by this user
24-08-2017, 09:42 AM
(24-08-2017 06:51 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 09:38 PM)Vera Wrote:  This had nothing to do with repping anyone you could think of in the hopes of getting repped back.
Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know if that was a general feeling or what. I don't mind someone disliking (or in your case, obsessing on) my posts, but for some reason the popularity seeking accusation bugs me...don't know why.

We're all going to have different opinions of each other- when I see your thumbnail in the top left I know a boring line of snark is on the way, served with a "fuck-off" cup of coffee. But that's Vera being Vera. I wouldn't say "Vera's just trying to be popular" that would be weird. Maybe this is all a reverse psychology thing and this is your cry for popularity and attention. I'll send you a rep point right now, hope it helps.

There is no "opinion" to be had about falsely equating those fighting bigotry to being the same as promoting it.

45 has spent the past 5 years throwing red meat to the far right bigots. He falsely perpetuated the "fear the black guy" birther bullshit. Started his campaign with "they're rapists". Called for a ban on an entire religion, but who gives a fuck about abortion doctor murders or KKK sympathizers whom murder 9 people in a black church.

Do not hand me any fucking bullshit that 45 was simply "telling it like it is". He knows exactly what he is doing. There was no "many sides" in Charlottesville. There ere assholes with torches shouting, "faggot" and "Jews will not replace us". There is no morality in groups that seek to destroy the western idea of pluralism. American Nazis and KKK want the same bullshit monocromatic state North Korea has. One race, one party and the subjugation of all others.

So if you stand next to those people you enable them. If you are not part of that, then dont enable them. This isn't fucking brain surgery.

If you care more about keeping statues that glorify those who fought to keep a horrible institution, and you cannot see that would be no different than if modern Germany kept statues to Rommel and Goebbles and Hitler, there is no polite way to put it. YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE.

For the members of the KKK and American Nazis it isn't about protecting offensive speech or even statues. For them it is about promoting ideologies that have the goal of destroying pluralism.

We had slavery, we had Jim Crow, we had McCarthism and we had segregation. NO I REFUSE TO GO BACK, AND FUCK ANYONE WHO THINKS this is a matter of "opinion".

Ethics and morality that seek to protect a free society depends on the sane defending against attempts to destroy that.

If you want to blame anyone for our divided country look no further than the asshole shitting all over the White House.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
24-08-2017, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2017 05:25 PM by Jeanne.)
deleted my post as this topic took on a new and different life that I hadn't noticed by only reading the first page...

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
24-08-2017, 05:34 PM
(23-08-2017 02:45 PM)Propwash Wrote:  
(23-08-2017 10:16 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  White supremacists, KKK members, and Nazis from all over congretated in Charlottesville, Virgina, ostensibly to oppose the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee, the General in charge of Confederate troops during the American Civil War over slavery..

Toppling Lee's statue seems a bit of a shame to me, because the statue commemorated not just him but all the southern boys who died, so toppling it is almost like desecrating their graves.
And hey, negroes fought for the South too, so the issue is not as cut-and-dried as it seems, so maybe we should just let history stay as history without trying to airbrush bits of it out?
"Several thousand blacks were enlisted in the Rebel cause.."
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-histo...k-soldiers

There are lots of statues and memorials at gravesites not being the main monuments brought up at all in the ones wanted removed.

Arlington national cemetery has a whole confederate section and lots of cemeteries were given markers or monuments over the last years.

The ones mainly bothersome to people are on public squares and were deliberately built in many vengeful manners from 1890s thru the 1920s. They were built on hatred of reconstitution in the Era of Jim crow laws, bad assumptions about race due to early science, and supported by the height of the kkk. Many statues weren't some tax dollar built thing either I see some saying... but the information of these histories is there in documentation.

I don't get how anyone seriously not on just some troll job gets to a conclusion about others owning slaves too. The owning slaves of the statues personsake is not the controversial point at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-08-2017, 06:46 PM
(24-08-2017 09:42 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(24-08-2017 06:51 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Thanks for clearing that up.

There is no "opinion" to be had about falsely equating those fighting bigotry to being the same as promoting it.

(lots of manic screeching)

Cool your jets, bro, what the fuck did I do? My glasses have spittle on them from here. I didn't vote for the dude.
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
25-08-2017, 07:29 AM
(24-08-2017 05:22 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  deleted my post as this topic took on a new and different life that I hadn't noticed by only reading the first page...

That seems to happen regularly!!!

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.