Charts & Graphs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2017, 02:14 PM
RE: Charts & Graphs
(19-04-2017 07:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
For sure I think you might like #51 instructure

I went to the site. Filled in some details (just so I'd get to see what they were selling).

Now I'm getting phone calls from Salt Lake City at 3 in the morning.

Thanks a Censored bunch.

Angry

Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2017, 02:42 PM
(24-04-2017 02:14 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-04-2017 07:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
For sure I think you might like #51 instructure

I went to the site. Filled in some details (just so I'd get to see what they were selling).

Now I'm getting phone calls from Salt Lake City at 3 in the morning.

Thanks a Censored bunch.

Angry

Tongue

Gasp The Mormons are out to get you. Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
28-04-2017, 06:12 PM
The retail apocalypse Retail store closings so far this year. Online sales are eating their lunch.

[Image: bi-retail-closings.png]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
28-04-2017, 06:14 PM
(28-04-2017 06:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The retail apocalypse Retail store closings so far this year. Online sales are eating their lunch.

I just went to a Radio Shack. Even their liquidation "Everything must go!" prices weren't that great. I'll just go on Amazon Sleepy

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
28-04-2017, 06:19 PM
(28-04-2017 06:14 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 06:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The retail apocalypse Retail store closings so far this year. Online sales are eating their lunch.

I just went to a Radio Shack. Even their liquidation "Everything must go!" prices weren't that great. I'll just go on Amazon Sleepy

Store killer!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
28-04-2017, 06:40 PM

Crocs should have died out years ago.

If I can't find what I need on Amazon or Chewy.com...I must not need it all that bad. All praise the Interwebz. Bowing

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
28-04-2017, 07:23 PM

Blame it on Obama. Drinking Beverage

I recently had to replace a fuel transfer valve on my truck, which has 3 fuel tanks. I couldn't find it anywhere locally, and had to go to Amazon to get it. It's common as dirt on camping trucks and boats. I should have been able to buy it locally, but people only look at their online catalog and don't apply any sort of effort or initiative into making the sale.
28-04-2017, 07:46 PM
(28-04-2017 06:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Retail store closings so far this year. Online sales are eating their lunch.

I wonder how that translates into numbers of jobs lost. I would guess the impact is greater than the loss of coal mining jobs.

Anyone hear anything about this from Donald "Make America Great Again" Trump?
28-04-2017, 08:26 PM
(28-04-2017 07:46 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 06:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Retail store closings so far this year. Online sales are eating their lunch.

I wonder how that translates into numbers of jobs lost. I would guess the impact is greater than the loss of coal mining jobs.

Anyone hear anything about this from Donald "Make America Great Again" Trump?

Yabut, jobs will be gained in picking, packing and distribution. Also web-design and maintenance jobs (except they're probably in India rather than Indiana).

Meanwhile...
The chart, I note, is using US stats. I'm not seeing the same trend over here where a lot of cultural activity centralises around the shopping centres (malls).

Which is lucky for people like me with no credit cards... if the trend continues, I'd be reduced to getting my 'food' from 7/11 or coming up with creative cockroach menus.

Blink

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
28-04-2017, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2017 04:26 AM by Anjele.)
Amazon has it's own delivery service now. Sort of like Uber for merchandise. I have ordered, and received, items in the same day for no shipping cost. I used to be able to get pretty much anything in two days but now it's more likely that I will order something and have it the next day...delivered in a regular car by Amazon couriers.

Amazon has really upped its game to the point where other retailers have to offer similar services to compete with them.

I go to the grocery store because I like to be able to pick out fresh food myself, though I have used an online ordering service and picked up my groceries when I was sick and just didn't want to be out and about but that's about the only shopping I do any more in a brick and mortar store.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post