Charts & Graphs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2017, 06:45 PM
RE: Charts & Graphs
[Image: Film-rolls-graphic.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2017, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2017 09:51 AM by Full Circle.)
Over the last 50 years turkeys have been selectively bred so that they are now 50% heavier than in 1966 and 100% heavier than in 1930!!!

[Image: pounds_per_turkey_through_2016.png]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
22-11-2017, 09:27 AM
(22-11-2017 09:23 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Over the last 50 years turkeys have been selectively bred so that they are now 5% heavier than in 1966 and 100% heavier than in 1930!!!

I'm 100% heavier than in 1970.
Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
22-11-2017, 09:29 AM
(22-11-2017 09:27 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(22-11-2017 09:23 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Over the last 50 years turkeys have been selectively bred so that they are now 5% heavier than in 1966 and 100% heavier than in 1930!!!

I'm 100% heavier than in 1970.
Hobo

Laugh out load

I'm 2000% heavier than in 1960! Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Today’s infographic, created all the way back in 1931 by a man named John B. Sparks, maps the ebb and flow of global power going all the way back to 2,000 B.C. on one coherent timeline.

[Image: histomap-big.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
04-12-2017, 07:32 PM
http://businessresearcher.sagepub.com/sb...-over-time

Here's a nifty graphic showing, in various cities, the change in average annual hours stuck in traffic per auto commuter over 28 years. The different colored lines represent a handful of major metropolitan areas in the United States. Cheery stuff, this...

[Image: SBR0102-Data2-Graphic1.gif]

This is a bit of the abstract:

"Congestion grew steadily from 1982 to 2007 in all but a handful of the largest 97 metro areas; a notable exception is Los Angeles, where the average commuter was already spending 76 hours stuck in traffic in 1990. The numbers dropped in almost all metro areas with the onset of the recession in 2008 but have since crept up. Telecommuting or using flexible hours to avoid these delays offers the possibility of increased productivity and greater reliability for workers picking up children from daycare or school."

“Until you make the unconscious
conscious, it will direct your life and you will
call it fate.”― C.G. Jung
[+] 1 user Likes Kaneda's post