Charts & Graphs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2017, 10:07 PM
RE: Charts & Graphs
(24-04-2017 02:14 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(19-04-2017 07:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...
For sure I think you might like #51 instructure

I went to the site. Filled in some details (just so I'd get to see what they were selling).

Now I'm getting phone calls from Salt Lake City at 3 in the morning.

Thanks a Censored bunch.

Angry

Tongue

You don't have an alias for that problem ?
You need some training. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2017, 06:32 AM
(28-04-2017 07:46 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 06:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Retail store closings so far this year. Online sales are eating their lunch.

I wonder how that translates into numbers of jobs lost. I would guess the impact is greater than the loss of coal mining jobs.

Anyone hear anything about this from Donald "Make America Great Again" Trump?

4/17/2017
http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/07/investin...rs-losses/

“The federal government said Friday that retailers shed nearly 30,000 jobs in March. That follows a more than 30,000 decline in the number of retail jobs in the previous month.

So-called general merchandise stores are hurting the most.
That part of the sector, which includes struggling companies like Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD) and J.C. Penney (JCP), lost 35,000 jobs last month. Nearly 90,000 jobs have been eliminated since last October.

These stores, along with others like Target (TGT) and Kohl’s (KSS), are struggling to adapt to the shift from brick-and-mortar shopping to digital and mobile commerce -- the so-called Amazon (AMZN, Tech30) effect.”

This article from last year

“Retailers are on track to lay off more than 37,000 people this year, more than double the layoffs announced last year and the most the sector has seen in the last eight years, ... E-commerce sales were estimated at $341.7 billion in 2015, up 14.6 percent from the year before. Overall retail sales rose just 1.4 percent, according to the Commerce Department.”

Asia-Pacific is the leader in e-commerce by total sales.

[Image: ecommerce-pix.jpg]

DLJ, it’s not just the USA, look at the UK numbers.

[Image: www.occstrategy.comsitesdefaultfilesbrit..._04_13.jpg]

And worldwide numbers.

[Image: 040314_Baynote_WorldAccordingToEcommerce_FINAL.lh_.png]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
29-04-2017, 06:39 AM
(28-04-2017 07:46 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(28-04-2017 06:12 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Retail store closings so far this year. Online sales are eating their lunch.

I wonder how that translates into numbers of jobs lost. I would guess the impact is greater than the loss of coal mining jobs.

Anyone hear anything about this from Donald "Make America Great Again" Trump?

Thoreauvian, just found this from 2015

[Image: Graph-Amazon-Net-Job-Impact.png]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
29-04-2017, 06:44 AM
(29-04-2017 06:39 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  [Image: Graph-Amazon-Net-Job-Impact.png]

A negative loss? So that's a gain, right? Big Grin

They displaced negative jobs. Go Amazon! Cool

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
29-04-2017, 06:54 AM
I wonder how they gathered the data for this infographic?

Argentinians don’t mind getting close, Saudis do.

[Image: close.png]

29-04-2017, 06:57 AM
(29-04-2017 06:44 AM)cactus Wrote:  
(29-04-2017 06:39 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  [Image: Graph-Amazon-Net-Job-Impact.png]

A negative loss? So that's a gain, right? Big Grin

They displaced negative jobs. Go Amazon! Cool

I have noticed that the amount of deliveries made on my street by UPS and FedEx has grown dramatically over the last few years and I live in the boonies.

Maybe that’s why... Consider

29-04-2017, 07:45 AM
(29-04-2017 06:39 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Thoreauvian, just found this from 2015

This is from May 6, 2016:

"(CNSNews.com) - The coal mining industry alone has lost approximately 10,900 jobs since April of last year."

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/tere...ember-2014

So perhaps our president should consider the impact of changing technologies on jobs (as well as the switch from coal to cheaper natural gas) and not just foreign competition and environmental policies.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
29-04-2017, 07:49 AM
(29-04-2017 07:45 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(29-04-2017 06:39 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Thoreauvian, just found this from 2015

This is from May 6, 2016:

"(CNSNews.com) - The coal mining industry alone has lost approximately 10,900 jobs since April of last year."

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/tere...ember-2014

So perhaps our president should consider the impact of changing technologies on jobs (as well as the switch from coal to cheaper natural gas) and not just foreign competition and environmental policies.

If he does consider it he will blame it on Obama then move on to saying, and doing, more stupid shit.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-04-2017, 08:13 AM
(29-04-2017 06:54 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I wonder how they gathered the data for this infographic?

The average distance supermarket checkout line seems to be about 6 inches.
Censored

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
29-04-2017, 10:43 AM
(29-04-2017 08:13 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(29-04-2017 06:54 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I wonder how they gathered the data for this infographic?

The average distance supermarket checkout line seems to be about 6 inches.
Censored

Couple weeks back a woman was so close to me that I couldn't even step back a few inches to swipe my card. Should have asked her if she planned to pay for my stuff since we had become so intimate in the last five minutes. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post