Chat with a Pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2012, 08:16 AM
RE: Chat with a Pastor
My bad! I wasn't directing at you in particular tho. Just...how can they pick and choose what to follow and what not to and not see the insanity in it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes sillinde's post
07-08-2012, 08:29 AM
(07-08-2012 08:16 AM)sillinde Wrote:  My bad! I wasn't directing at you in particular tho. Just...how can they pick and choose what to follow and what not to and not see the insanity in it?

No worries - just having a little fun Smile

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 04:35 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Ultimately, theists cannot use the "natural law" argument, because science has proven, a generally consistent proportion of every species on the planet engage in same-sex behaviors, and sexual behaviors for everyone exist on a general continuum of behaviors, and Kinsy proved that some large percent of all humans sometime in their lives engage in it, (64% ??) or whatever.

So they are left with the biblical argument.
The only point religionsts are left with is to say that "god forbad it", (in the Bible).

(Of course all biblical scholars actually know, that the culturally dependent precepts in the Bible are there because humans wrote them into the texts, but leaving that aside), there is no way around the Platonic conundrum.

1. It's wrong, because god says it's wrong.

2. Why did god say it's wrong ?
3. Did he have a good reason ?

4. If there is no good reason, then it could be right.
If there is a good reason, that reason exists apart from god.

5. Could he have said it's right ?
If he could not say it's right, truth and moral value exists apart from god.

6. Is it wrong because god says it's wrong, or is it wrong, because it's objectively wrong, and god had to say that ?
7. Would it be right if god says it's right ?

If god could not have said it's right, and still be god, then the source of the moral law is not god.
If it would still be wrong even if god says it's right, then the source of morality is not god.

If the source of morality is not god, then we must look elsewhere for guidance.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user